Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dwijendra Prasad
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Health Check Up
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Submit a review for Dr. Dwijendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Affan Bin Sayeed
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Dwijendra Prasad to be helped me improve my health, well-reasoned and saved my life. Thank you sir for helping me
Madan Lal Agrawal
Dr. D Prasad provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you Dr your suggestion is very help ful and knowledgeable to me
Dr. Dwijendra Prasad provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you sir
Surendra Singh Rajput
Dr. D Prasad provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks doctor
Thalassaemia, which is commonly referred to as thal, is a disorder of the blood which is inherited from the previous generation. This condition triggers the production of abnormal red blood cells in the body which in turn paves the way for chronic anaemia. Red blood cells play an indispensable role in carrying oxygen all through the body and hence any abnormality in this regard can result in thalassemia, the symptoms of which include, weakness all over the body, fatigue, faint and shortness of breath.
Understanding the type of thalassemia:
Thalassaemia is often thought to be an iron deficiency disease (anaemia), but can be differentiated with the aid of certain blood tests. This disease is a lifelong condition which requires efficient management. The type of thalassemia an individual is suffering from can be attributed to the number of faulty genes the person has inherited.
The two variants of thalassaemia are beta and alpha. In the case of alpha thalassemia, having one faulty gene would lead to no health problems while two faulty genes can cause mild anaemia. If there are three mutated genes, it will cause Haemoglobin H disease, and regular blood transfusions may be required. But an unborn child with four mutated genes will not be viable enough to survive the pregnancy.
The beta thalassaemia also comes in various forms. The beta thalassaemia major needs lifelong transfusion of blood and it is the most common form of thalassaemia across the world. The beta thalassemia intermedia do not have to depend on blood transfusion.
The treatment option for mild thalassaemia is entirely dependent on the type of the disease and how intense it is. When the disease is on a mild and minor level, then there may not be need of any comprehensive treatment. But at times, blood transfusions become necessary especially after undergoing surgery or when the thalassaemia causes complications.
People who are affected by severe levels of beta thalassaemia will require transfusion of blood from time to time. The treatment also causes an overload of iron and thus, it is important to remove the surplus iron content. There are several oral medications available for this, and the healthcare provider can recommend suitable medications.
Managing moderate to severe thalassaemia:
Some of the most general methods of managing and treating thalassaemia include:
- Frequent blood transfusions: When the thalassaemia gets too severe, it becomes necessary to opt for blood transfusion after every few weeks. The blood transfusion can cause iron build up with the passage of time. This, in turn, can affect the heart and lungs along with other crucial organs. Therefore, it is important to take medicines that can eliminate the extra iron.
- Stem cell transplant: Also referred to as the bone marrow transplant, the stem cell transplant can be the best bet. It is recommended for kids who are born with severe thalassaemia. This treatment option can mitigate the need of a lifelong transfusion of blood and intake of drugs for controlling the iron overload.
Thallasemia generally occurs in pockets like in Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, etc. The concerned state units of these states need to take guidance from doctors for definite treatment which is bone marrow transplant.
Today I am going diagnosis for varicocele ultrasound Report me kuchh pata nahi chal raha hai sab normal aa raha hai aur mere epidymis par ganth jaisa chhota sa dono taraf se hai jisme pain hota hai ejaculation ke baad pure body me pain aur halka fever ho jata hai aur erection weak ho raha hai penis me bhi pain hone lagta hai Agar mai bed par rest karta hu to sabkuchh achha lagta hai lekin jaise hi khada hokar idhar udhar ghoomo pain badh jata hai Please help me find out my problem.
How to maintain low blood pressure. From last few days I feel that my respiratory system is working properly. Only one day this happen to me.
The chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS is a kind of debilitating disorder which causes extreme fatigue and tiredness. It is not treatable through rest and cannot be explained in the light of any underlying medical condition and hence a major problem.
Causes of chronic fatigue
It is understood what causes chronic fatigue. There are theories stating that it is triggered by psychological stress, viral infection and a combination of different factors which vary from one individual to another. Since no particular cause is still identified and many infections and diseases produce similar symptoms, it can be very difficult to diagnose. According to the reports of the Center For Disease Control and Prevention, chronic fatigue is the end stage of numerous health disorders rather than a single problem.
Diagnosing chronic fatigue
The chronic fatigue is one of the most challenging conditions to diagnose. There are no lab tests for screening the disorder and many symptoms of the chronic fatigue are similar to other conditions. The best way to be sure that an individual is suffering from fatigue is to rule out the possibilities of other disorders like major depressive disorder, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, lupus, Lyme disease and mononucleosis.
Treating chronic fatigue disorder
At present, there is no particular cure for the chronic fatigue syndrome. Every person who is affected with the disease manifests different symptoms and thus, may require different treatment options which can manage the disease and relieve the symptoms. Some of the most prevalent treatment options for chronic fatigue include-
- Home remedies and changes in lifestyle: Making proper lifestyle changes can bring about positive impact. One should try to limit and even eliminate the caffeine intake which can aid a better sleep and ease your insomnia. It is important to avoid sleeping during daytime. Another effective way is to go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time each morning as a fixed routine.
- Therapy: Two types of therapies can help the people suffering from the chronic fatigue disorder. The first one is psychological counseling which helps in coping with the problems and improving the mindset. Another option is physical therapy where a physical therapist can aid in creating a daily routine and carve out an exercise plan which gradually increases the intensity. This is termed as the graded exercise therapy or GET and it helps the patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome cope up with the difficulties.
- Medications: It is important to note that no single medicine can treat all the symptoms of the chronic fatigue disorder. The symptoms can alter with the passage of time and may also trigger depression. The experts may recommend antidepressant for combatting it. In case the lifestyle changes fail to offer a restful sleep in the night, the doctor may also suggest a mild sedative. Sometimes, pain reliever is also suggested so that the affected individual can manage the joint pain caused by the chronic fatigue.
These are a few of the most common treatment options for chronic fatigue and helps in effective management of the disorder.
It is the plant which belongs to nightshade family and is mostly found in North and South America. The dried leaves of this plant are smoked in cigars, pipes and in cigarettes. The leaves are also chewed by many people across the world or inhaled through the nose. It contains a special type of addictive chemical known by the name of Nicotine. Because of this chemical, most of the people find it difficult to leave this product. This plant due to the chemical Nicotine is not good for the health and consumers face many ill effects after consuming this product.
Tobacco is not good for the body as the leaves affect many body organs namely
- It makes your skin dry and yellow
- It causes wrinkles on your face
- Shows dullness on your skin at a very young age
- Bones and muscles
- Flow of blood and oxygen is slow in the body
- You feel tired and lazy all the time
- It will not help in the development of muscles
- Makes you inactive and you will avoid doing work.
- It increases the blood pressure and heart rate which are further responsible for causing heart attacks or other heart problems
- The heart has to work harder in such cases where people are going for workouts or exercises.
These are not the only bad effects of consuming tobacco. There are many more to it.
All the above points describe the bad effects of consuming tobacco on a person’s health. In case you are not able to leave the habit of consuming tobacco, you must consult a medical practitioner immediately. Your health should always be your first preference in life. Live a healthy life for your own sake.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!