Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D Prakash ChandYour feedback matters!
My widal test is for O' 1: 60 and 'H'1: 60, typhidot IgM positive, mild neutrophilia, and generalized weakness and body ache no fever then am I suffering from typhoid?
Hi Dr. I am constantly getting heat boils on my forehand. And there are few in numbers. Kindly advise and even advise what I need to consume to avoid it. Advance thanks.
I am 25 years old, just 1 month back my left foot was sprained and had consulted couple of doctor but sill facing pain, please help me out.
Sir/madam I have very big issues on due to mark on my stomach its get increase day by day have lot of itching and burning during night time. But it I can not able to sleep.
I am 18 years male and in every evening I got headache then I apply ointment or medicine to cure it. I want to help about how to cure it permanently?
Opprtunistic HIV Infection:
HIV does not kill anybody directly.
HIV weakens the body's ability to fight disease.
Infection which are rarly seen in those with normal immune systems are deadly to those with HIV called opportunistic infections.
Many of these illness are very serious, and they need to be treated.
Some illness can be prevented.
- Opportunistic infection can be Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, Neurological, Protozoal, Malignacies, Others.
- Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC orMAI)
- Syphilis and Neurosyphilis
- Bacillary angiomatosis ( Cat scratch disease)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Herpes simplex (HSV, Genital Herpes)
- Herpes zoster (HSZ)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Oral hairy leukoplakia (OPL)
- Progressive Multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- Candidiasis (Thrush, Yeast infection)
- ryptococcal Meningitis
- AIDS dementia complex (ADC)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP)
- Systemic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
- Primary CNS Lymphoma
Other Conditions and Complications
- Apthous ulcers
- Wasting syndrome
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Pelvic inflammatory disease paricularly complicated by Tuboovarian abscess.
- Lymphoma Burkit's
- Lymphoma immunoblastic
Sir, I have taken ofloxacin tablet for the past 5 days for infection. I have right side stomach pain. Yesterday I went to doctor. Doctor asked to take scan .I have taken scan but there is no major problem. But I have an doubt that I am having appendicitis. I think that due to intake of ofloxacin, the scan report didn't show the presence of appendicitis is it possible.
Hello doctor, I'm suffering with severe headache, decreased sleep, and fear about the studies, I'm not concentrate to the my studies. Please give a solution my problem
Hello doctor help me I have high fever its almost kill me, please doctor help me and what should I do?
I have a small penis. Tell me some exercises or tips to grow penis. And food items also than I can get in normal routine.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.