Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D J KamathYour feedback matters!
I am losing hair quickly and tried shampoos but no use or effective. I am not sure what else I can do. So can you please help me what I can do with this?
I have very thin hairs and my hair growth is so slow I am using sunsilk long and health growth but no effect what should I do.
I am shiva of age 21. I used panderm plus cream on face and now I stopped using it from six months and now my face became dark and rashes and pimples were seen on my face. How should I get rid of these side effects.
I am hair losing quickly, and I tried all the shampoo but problem same. Doctor can you help me losing hair?
I have injury on my face and somewhere it turns into linen shaped swelling and it is not decrease gradually. What can I do for it? Is" Mederma Cream" useful?
I have dark circles under my eyes and a burning sensation in eyes I have anxiety which results in facial pain mainly around the eye areas please suggest solution.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do .can you please help me with this ?
I have somewhat dark skin tone. But compared to my skin colour lips are too dark which is easily noticeable by people. It was not this much dark in some years before. But when I grew older it became darker. How can I solve this problem. Want to know if it is due to any vitamin deficiency? And kindly prescribe any medicine which I can get on any medical stores.
I am a 20 yr old male and I dont have mustache and beard production, what to do? Only no production on faces, pls help me.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hello doctor my self narendra joshi I am 26 year old man I have skin pimples problem last five months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi I'm a male I have boils and pimples ony face and forehead please help me out how to remove pimples and boils from my face please help me out wat should I do or suggest me with the best pimples face wash and best skin product to remove boils, pimples and wrinkles on my face please help me out with this plz.
My face gets very oily even if I spend only 5 minutes outside. Pls suggest me how to overcome it and suggest me some good face for longer freshness on my face.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.