Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. H. Ashwath
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D. H. AshwathYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic for last 5yr. & on insulin (mixtard 30) 18 units morning before breakfast & 14 units before diner & my sugar level is 125 fasting, 143 pp is there any oral medicine in homeopathy, ayurvedic or any other.
STD or Sexually Transmitted Diseases are incurred by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times while others may be milder but annoying . They affect your sexual life. These should not be ignored and require treatment and medication.
Some of the common STDs are:
- Hepatitis B
- Genital Herpes
The most dangerous are HIV and Syphlis and Hepatitis B.
Everyone who had unprotected sex with unknown partner should get themselves checked after 2 weeks of exposure. Early treatment is crucial. Others like Herpes, chancres, chlamydia and gonorrhea are not so dangerous in people with normal immunity but in elderly, diabetics and immunological weak persons may be affected more seriously. It may cause infertility in females STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD.
Hi, Please suggest Can too much masturbation make you thin and make bones thin and can too much masturbation can cause low bone density I am now 22 I started masturbation continuous from age 15 now my weight is 51 but I am not losing weight but getting thin day by day and facing pain in my back near shoulders and neck what should I do know please tell Is cause of masturbation.
I am 21 and I ve got some blisters on the tip of my penis and its been 2 days and it is paining during erection. Please suggest me some solution as soon as possible.
My sperm count is low. We are planning fr a baby. What should I do go increase them. Medicines can help me to increase the? Should I consult urologist}? Count is 6 million per ml.
Hello doctor, my age is 23 and my weight is 80. While riding a motorcycle, i am experiencing pelvic pain, how can I get rid of it?
Are you feeling an excruciating pain in the anal region? Is there a lump around the area that you can feel? Commonly called Piles, hemorrhoids, is a phenomenon where the blood vessels are inflamed or expanded in the anal canal. Veins in and around the anus and rectum are comparatively weak than the arteries which are quiet intense. This is because the walls of the veins are pretty thin and pain or discomfort arises when there is too much pressure on the walls. There are two kinds of Piles the internal piles and the external piles; the discomfort and severity depend on the kind of piles you are suffering from.
Causes behind it
The causes of hemorrhoids are not certain and anyone can get affected by the condition. It is more prevalent in elderly people and pregnant women. Sometimes, the condition is also hereditary, so if your parents or grandparents suffered from piles, there is a possibility that you may develop it too. When the veins in the anal region are subjected to pressure, the veins swell causing painful hemorrhoids.
The common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Bleeding from the anus
- Painful lump or swell near the anus
- Anal itching
- Tenderness or pain during bowel movements
- Mucus Anal discharge
Treatment options for piles
In few cases, the Hemorrhoids can be treated with home remedies like a change in diet, warm sitz baths, and avoiding foods that may lead to constipation. For hemorrhoids of the first, second and third-degree, medications, home remedies and manual methods are preferred approaches. However, when the condition persists for an extended period with severe pain it is best to consider your physician.
The piles can be treated with:
- Injection or sclerotherapy: Treats internal hemorrhoids
- Banding: Treatment for prolapsed hemorrhoids
- Coagulation: Treatment using laser
- Surgery: Opted for in severe cases of hemorrhoids
Surgery is suggested when no other remedies for piles have responded. In the case of prolapsed hemorrhoids, or the fourth degree and higher degree, surgical methods need to be implemented. In common, surgery is deemed as the last option for piles treatment. Piles surgery is prescribed particularly by the surgeons in the situation where pain becomes unbearable.
The surgical treatments
Hemorrhoidectomy: This is the surgery done to remove piles. The physician performs a few minute cuts around the anus to remove them away. The area which is under operation is put under local or general anesthesia. Hemorrhoidectomy is often a procedure for the outpatient case, and you are typically discharged on the same day itself. The patient usually takes about two to three weeks, to recover fully but then it can even take as long as five to six weeks to get back to normal pain-free life again.
PPH: Another surgical method is PPH. It is also known as stapled hemorrhoidectomy. In this surgery, the physician uses a device which looks like a stapler to reposition the pile and struck off their supply of blood so that they eventually shrink and die out. This surgical procedure is less painful than traditional hemorrhoidectomy as it removes hemorrhoid to where there are fewer nerve endings, so it hurts less. There will be faster recovery, few or no complications, minor itching, and bleeding. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!