Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chopra
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChopraYour feedback matters!
Can a 1000 mg vitamin C capsule taken twice daily, lighten skin complexion over time? If yes, then how long is the time duration to see visible results?
The term pigmentation generally has to do with the colour of something. So, in the case of people, it refers to the colour of their skin. So what is exactly hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation? How should a person go about dealing with conditions such as these?
Melanin is a chemical, which provides the skin with its colour. In case of hyperpigmentation, what occurs is that the amount of melanin in the skin increases beyond normal. Now the reasons for this are quite diverse, to say the very least. As a matter of fact, pregnancy could be a cause, as could medications such as antibiotics or antimalarial medicines (medicines to fight off malaria). Addison’s disease could also be a cause.
On the other hand, hypopigmentation refers to the situation in which the amount of melanin in the skin falls below what it should be, under normal circumstances. While there are quite a few causes for this, the primary culprits happen to be burns or injuries. In certain cases, a person may have the sort of situation which occurs in the case of hypopigmentation as a result of having another condition. This generally happens in cases of albinism or vitiligo, which have affected the skin.
So, what is to be done if a person has hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation?
After all, while this may be the issue of the skin, the impact they have on a person’s self-confidence are more than just skin deep! With hyperpigmentation, exposure to sunlight directly should be limited to a great extent as possible. If there is going to be some sort of exposure, it is important to use adequate amount of sunscreen so that the impact on the skin is reduced. The sunscreen should surely contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. The reason for this is the fact that UV rays are blocked by these two chemicals. This is quite a good thing, considering these rays are the ones which can cause the most damage to skin with hyperpigmentation.
When it comes to hypopigmentation, conditions such as vitiligo or albinism do not have cures. So, they can only be managed to the best extent that is possible. Cosmetics can be used in order to improve the appearance of the person. In addition to this, sunscreen should be used in this case due to the risk that exposure to the sun might affect a person who has hypopigmentation. While this occurs in all sorts of people, it is especially seen in people of Caucasian descent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hello friends. I am Dr Saurabh Mishra. I am a senior consultant in Urology in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Now I am going to discuss something about Prostate. As you know prostate is a very common problem and it is not only seen by the urologist but so many other colleagues in the medical specialities, specially the physician. There are lot of myths and confusions about the Prostate in patients as well as the health care professionals. So, I would like to simplify the treatment methods for the prostate specially from the patient's point of view.
For the treatment protocol, we keep the patients into three categories;
- Those patients who are asymptomatic and incidently been detected an emlarged prostate. Anything above 20g prostate, we call it as enlarged prostate. So, suppose a patient have some symptoms, he has undergone ultarsound and enlarged prostate was picked up. Such patients lie in Group-1. They do not need any treatment and kept under observation. Once they face any problem, they are given appropriate treatment.
- Group-2 are those patients who suffer some urinary problems. Most commonly, they face frequent urine at night. In this category, they can have some obstructive features also. For example, they take long time to pass urine, the last part of the utine comes slowly that is called dribbling of urine. If these symptoms are present, the patient goes to the doctor and doctor evaluates and if no complicated factors are found then the medical treatment is started. So many medicines are available for the medical treatment of the Prostate. But unfortunately, most of them belong to same family. Due to this, if one drug fails to work then the options are least.
- Group-3 patients are those who have complications. The complication may include the recurrent urinary tract infection, recurrent blood in urine, either of the kidney or both the kidneys are enlarged, bladder stones etc. If these symptoms are present, then it becomes the complicated factor. If any of tehse factors or all of these are present in the patient, then these patients may directly be planned for the surgery and no medical treatment is incorporated in such patients.
Few things we come to know. I have never dicussed about the size of the prostate. That means the size of the prostate will not tell about the treatment. There are so many patients who took treatment from the physician also. So, to such patients, I want to clarify the thing that the treatment is not that complicated but the treatment should be incorporated. The patient should be clarifies about the problem and the treatment and the group should be evaluated for the patient.
Thank you so much.
Im having a combination skin mostly oily and I am having too much dandruff on my hair also my hairs are white in middle please help me naturally treat.
Is your skin pigmentation becoming uneven because of certain changes going on in your body? This condition is quite common in pregnant women. There are several forms of treatments that are available for the management of this issue and for restoring pigmentation and skin complexion. You can choose from various procedures according to your requirements, and desired results. It is possible to completely diminish the appearance of skin pigmentation. These advanced skin care techniques for pigmentation are suitable for all skin types.
The top skin care treatment procedures for pigmentation are as follows:
Carbon laser peel
- This advanced laser peel is much more effective than chemical peels.
- This is a safe and fast facial treatment, which does not involve a long recovery time. It is ideal for any skin tone or type.
- The damaged outer layers of your skin are removed and the production of collagen in the underlying layers is promoted.
- Skin pores are also minimized as a result.
- The procedure is like a purifying process for deep cleansing of the skin.
- It is also important for controlling acne, inflammation, and sebaceous secretion.
- This is a non invasive procedure used for resurfacing your skin, and does not involve much downtime.
- During the process, the superficial upper layers of dead skin get exfoliated using a flow of crystals.
- Your cell and collagen production gets stimulated which reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria are also removed, giving you healthy skin devoid of acne and bacteria.
- This treatment procedure is effective in providing healthy and good looking skin.
- This treatment is enhanced with the addition of a certain facial peel.
- It is a three-stage peel that involves an activator that stimulates your skin, a detoxifier for cleansing your skin, and an oxygenator for leaving your skin clear and clean.
Tri Fractional Resurfacing treatment
- This is another effective treatment procedure that is meant for improving your skin pigmentation and overall skin health.
- This noninvasive procedure rapidly improves the appearance of your skin that is scarred by acne.
- By using three-pulse fractional technology for resurfacing your skin effectively and safely, this procedure improves your skin’s appearance dramatically.
- The procedure involves minimal discomfort and the recovery time is quite less.
- Micro wounds created in the target area of your skin triggers your body to heal naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!