Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChopdeYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 years old man. My wife is 21. During intercourse my wife is suffered from a lot of pain. I have sex with around 15 times, yet she feels a lot of pain. So she was unable to found orgasm. Please give me reason of this pain.
I use to do fingering daily. Is it will responsible for any problem in my sex life in future. Should I do fingering daily. If not, how many times in what duration should I do it? And can you please suggest me suggestion to get rid of it?
Hi I want to know about breast problem. My left size breast size big in compare to right side. Eg if right is 32 than left is 35. I did mammogram and chest x ray and doctor said report is OK. There is no any problem. I want to know reason behind this. If you can help me. Because of this sometimes I feel very embarrass, Not attending any function, feels under confident.
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive from last Feb 16. 3 months back I was detected with thyroid, I have no irregular periods, My thyroid levels are normal now, then my scan shows I have hydrosalphinx in my left fallopian tube, it is dilated, then I had taken Xray to find our my tubes are blocked or not. They are open. Will I become pregnant.
I am 23 years old. I had sexual relationship with many of my friends that include girls too. How can I know whether I have any sexually transmitting diseases?
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Sir/Madam I am Married, I have hypothyroidism, my previous reading was 8.5MicroIU/ml, I have consulted physician he has increased my dosage to 50mcg, previously I was taking 25mcg. Now recently I have checked tsh level is 0.19MicroIU/ml (Normal Range Mentioned-0.30-5.5) I was shocked to see my report, it has almost gone below the normal, T3-122ng/dl (60-200) and T4-12.4microg/dl (4.5-12.0. So my question is, is it normal to have such levels what should I do now? What could be the cause, still I have not get my period. Kindly suggest?
Hi now am 7 weeks pregnant but in in ultrasound it showing only 5 weeks and heartbeat 109.Acutely mt periods irregular only ?
I am 33 years old female I have completed 6 years of my marriage I have not any baby. I have operated my uterine fibroid n ovarian cyst again I hv a 5 inch fibroid my hight is 5 feet weight 64 kg. Please advice what should i do?
I am feel pain in lower abdomen or pain during urine and for last year after sex my wife feel same problem is it a std. Or other serious disease.
Today I was with my partner and I was on her and I ejected 1st time in my underpants and she also den after some time we are getting close n we decided to do it to a next level, I put on condom n try to do but couldn't put inside side her as it's our first time, and after some more tries I found I couldn't put it inside n my condom was teared n now I'm tensed that what are the chances of getting her pregnant. As our parts touched with each other and already discharged 1 time inside pants?
June 1 mensuration cycle starts. Bleeding will be 4 days. June 28 approximately next menstration cycle bleeding starts. Now give me the information to have sex to avoid pregnancy. Tell me in detail about stages of fertility. On which days chances of pregnancy more. And on which days chances of pregnancy very less.
I am 23 female. I am having hypothyroid and i am taking medicines last 1 month. And i am also having irregular periods (within 20 days. Sometimes normal sometimes abnormal of absence of blood. Is there any problem for my pregnancy? Please help me some suggestions.
She is very thin, she is suffering from low weight, small breast and late periods. Give some suggestions to weight gain, breast gain and late periods.
My cousin is pregnant and now it's 6thmonth she has confusion to consume what kind of food and for baby which kind of food has to take.
White discharge like water since last 5 months not regular but coming back every 10 days interval. Now feeling little abdomen pain. No taste less sleep. Blood test and PAP smear test is normal. What to do. Have breast feeding baby of 2 year.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.