Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitturi DeviYour feedback matters!
I'm a 22 yead old male, I've gum bleeding once in a while (like once a month), do I need to worry about it? See a dentist?
Hi, I have irregular teeth like gaping among teeth. So what I do for this. I want it should be regular and equally all.
I'm having severe toothache. Though I kept cloves as one of my friends suggested the pain has not reduced. Can I get any home remedy for immediate relief.
Hello doctor, I have a little teeth darkening (like blackish colour on teeth) and want to remove/clean these things Please help me out what to do and how to make hygiene teeth on regular basis, would be great help.
I am 18 yrs old male. My question is regularly I does tooth brush but then to my teeth are getting yellow. I am using colgate toothpaste so kindly suggest me should I change my toothpaste or what is the solution.
Does painless oral ulcer which does not heal within 1 month is always a cancer, or something else.Please tell.
I have tooth sensitivity, and I need to know how to relieve sensitive teeth naturally and skip the pain.
I have eye problem since 4 days. I have also ear problem and teeth problem also So guide me which tablet I have used.
I have pain in my right lower back tooth region since one month n I have hot n cold sensitivity since 2 yrs.
Hi doc I am 28 years old ànd need to fix my brokeñ teeth what is the best procedure please let me know thank you!
What I have to do? I have bad smel from my mouth. I regularly brush, one time daily. Is it the sign for some kind of dangerous deasese? Pls suggest me to do what is good to be done.
Mujhe kafi time sea mouth mea problem h mere mouth mea chalea ho rhe h bht ad mere gums sea blood nikalta rhata h is k saith mere galea mea bhi bhot pain h jub bhi so kar uthti hu tab mere lips mere teeth k saith chipak jatea h or us vajah sea lips mea swelling ad jakham hue h in sabhi problem ki vajh sea mea 15 din sea kucg kha pe bhi nhi rahi pls help me mere sea bola bhi nhi ja rha.
Whenever I smile I am unable to smile properly I just able to stretch my lips only can you tell whats the problem and how to counter it.
There is Cavity in my teeth and I don't want to remove my teeth now as my exams are coming but because of that it bleeds and and because of blood my mouth smells bad. Please suggest any medicine to stop this blood and any safe mouthwash also thanks I am waiting for your reply.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.