Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitralekha.n.dambekodiYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife are planning for kid we are married for 2 years. So while I was having sex with her I experience dat my semen is cuming like liquid before it has cum like gel. Why is it like dat and will she be pregnant?
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy.
Actually I did ovulating test with the help of ovulation kit on May 10th on my 13th day the result is positive. Today I did it again with the ovulation kit the result is also positive. It means I'm pregnant or not.
I am a 25 years old female. And the last time I got periods was 16th of march. Since then I haven't got periods. I took the pregnancy test twice but it was negative both the times. Then I consulted a gyno, who gave me some medicines and an injection and told to avoid having fast food and colddrink. I have taken the medicines but still I have not got my periods. What should I do now?
I am 28 years old, weight 60 kg n hight is about 5 ft. Sir/mam, we r planning for a baby, we had intercourse after 4 daus of period n last date of period was 30th jan. But period started again on 1st march. During this period I felt light fever n still I am feeling fever as well as vomiting. Us it the symptom of pregnancy? please help suggest the solution.
Hypoglycemia is a condition that is associated with a lower amount of glucose in the body. Since glucose is the main source of energy in the body, it creates quite a few complications in the body. In a majority of the cases, this condition is associated with diabetes. Hypoglycemia, like fever, is not a disease but a disease indicator. A quick fix to keep hypoglycemia under check is to ensure that a patient intakes high-sugar food. A long-term fix involves a doctor treating a patient for the root cause.
What are the common symptoms?
The body needs a constant supply of glucose to carry out the daily function. In a case of short supply, it presents with the following symptoms:
As the condition worsens, the symptoms can aggravate to the following conditions:
- Frequent seizures b. Inability to complete daily work due to confusion
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Problems related to vision such as blurred vision
People with an acute hypoglycemia can get a feeling of intoxication at times. Words get slurred while they talk.
What are the causes?
Glucose is one of the many sugar molecules that the body produces when it digests food. Glucose is one such sugar component and is the driver of energy. There are 2 reasons of diabetes. If the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin or the body is incapable of responding to the insulin. This results in a logjam of glucose in the body. To address the problem, intake of insulin is required. Too much of insulin intake can result in hypoglycemia. The latter can also befall if an adequate amount of food is not consumed while going through a medicine course of diabetes. Even too much of working out while consuming diabetic medicine can also result in hypoglycemia.
Other probable causes:
- Alcohol consumption- A regular drinker who eats less runs a heavy risk of suffering from hypoglycemia. This blocks the liver and the latter can refrain from releasing glucose.
- Critical illness- Hypoglycemia may occur from certain critical illnesses such as liver illness, kidney disorder, frequent starvation etc.
- Overproduction of the insulin- A tumour of the pancreas known as the insulinoma causes the body over-produce insulin.
- Hormonal deficiencies- Disorders related to the pituitary gland and adrenal gland runs a serious risk of suffering of hypoglycemia due to hormonal deficiencies.
What are the complications?
Some of the common complications of this conditions include loss of consciousness, seizures and at times even death. Frequent episodes of hypoglycemia can make a person go numb and speechless.
A doctor typically asks a patient to go for a fast of 12 hours in a hospital setting and then test the glucose level in the blood. It ensures that the body exhibits the correct symptoms of hypoglycemia. The doctor analyses the blood sample report and decides whether a person has this condition. The last and the final confirmation comes when the symptoms of hypoglycemia go away as soon as the blood sugar levels are increased.
In the case of a diabetic patient, it is necessary to ensure that a constant evaluation of the blood sugar level happens from time to time. Eating and medicine schedules need to be adhered to. Exercise too is important. All this needs to be done in consultation with the doctor.
I have one problem at the time of periods my breast is painful and it's become very hard and after periods it's become smooth. Please give me the reason.
Hello sir, Is there any medicine which she can use before making sexual relationship for risk of pregnancy. If yes please tell me the name and how long she can take for safe sex. Is there any side effects for that?
I had sex with my bf in my first day of periods .he use protection but remove after sometime .then again we have sex unprotected. I have period problem also its not regular .now I have problem how to detect it and if pregnancy occur then how to abort it and when.
Hello. I 29 years old. I have a boy 5 years. When I was pregnant then after 9 days little much bleeding is start. And at time of delivery then also bleeding nd no much exact pain. Then its cesarean. Again now I am 5 weeks pregnant nd no bleeding as before so kya normal delivery k chances h? Nd sex hmare liy safe hoga? please tell.
I had anal sex with my girlfriend and she is on her last day of her period at the end I ejaculated in her anal hole does it makes her pregnant?
I am 22 years old girl having whitish discharge still 1 year I have consult doctor but no use. Have done tests and have taken medicines but of no use. please help me what to do?
I am 24 years old n I am lil worried about pregnancy issue I am not married but around Jan end my boyfriend cum near vagina. I took an ipill for precaution though he didn't cum inside still. I got ended up with my periods a week before this happened and got my periods again after a week of having ipill. But the bleeding was dry thick dark brown n Continued for 5 days though not much in quantity. Then I got my periods again in Feb end and March end but the flow was less and blood was dark thick and brownish in color for five days. I hve got dizziness, constipation and tiredness from last few days. Is it possible that I may b pregnant .As the symptoms like dizziness n constipation is there. PL rep.
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.