Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra SYour feedback matters!
My self sudhir uppal my blood sugar level 135 random after two hours eating is it normal or not. Any precaution in future please suggest to me.
I am diabetic and cholesterol is also there and some of friends advised me to take badam, walnuts, angineer is it advisible to take or not.?
My mother is patient of diabetes and having always pain its body parts like legs and back need a tip and she is 48years old.
I am suffering from dry cough. Iam also diabetic. Myreportsbp, sugar135---180 sugar levels140/90 bp level. Suggest me medicine.
While cold and cough are common, diseases like Addison’s disease are rare. It is also known as chronic adrenal insufficiency or hypocortisolism as it is a result of insufficient production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone by the adrenal glands. This disease can affect men and women of any age.
There are two types of Addison’s disease. These are:
- Primary adrenal insufficiency: In this case, the adrenal glands themselves have a problem.
- Secondary adrenal insufficiency: If the hormone production in the adrenal glands is restricted by a problem that has started somewhere else like the pituitary gland, for example, it is known as secondary adrenal insufficiency.
Primary adrenal insufficiency is more common of the two. This could be triggered as a result of autoimmune diseases or a long lasting infection such as HIV, tuberculosis and some fungal infections. Cancer can also cause this type of Addison’s disease.
Secondary adrenal insufficiency is usually caused by a problem with the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus as they are responsible for the production of hormones that stimulate the adrenal glands. Damage caused to the pituitary gland by tumors or radiation and surgery can also interfere with hormone production. Prolonged and improper use of steroid hormones can also trigger this condition.
Addison’s disease has a very slow progression and its symptoms develop gradually over time. Some of these symptoms are:
- Weight loss and loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue
- Low blood pressure
- Craving for salt
- Nausea and diarrhea
- Pain in the abdomen and joint pains
- Loss of body hair and sexual dysfunction in women
Treatment for Addison’s disease involves hormone replacement therapy. This aims at correcting the hormone levels in the body. Hormone replacement therapy includes oral corticosteroids and corticosteroid injections. The dosage of these steroids could vary depending on the situation. For example, the doctor may suggest a temporary high dosage when the patient is in a stressful condition. Along with this, sodium is also recommended especially during the summer months and while exercising. This medication must be taken regularly as skipping a single dose can be dangerous.
In some cases this condition can become life threatening. An addisonian crisis causes a drop in blood pressure, sugar and a spike in potassium levels in the body. This requires immediate medical attention and can be treated with intravenous injections of hydrocortisone, saline solution and sugar. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..
My father having stroke now. But he didn't have Sugar and High BP too. How that stroke attack him? And treatment is given about 3 weeks. But improvement is less only. Is stroke like this only? And tell me more information about that.
I am hypothyroid patient taking thyroxine sodium tablet from past 8 years. I heard ther is permanent solution in homeopathy is that true and which doctor is best for hypothyroid I mean tsh.
Its for my father. He is having TSH levels near to 10. He becomes very angry and cannot control his rage. Sometimes he behaves very psychotic. He tries to go for physical attack and nearly whole day episodically he becomes angry and starts firing bad words. He Does this only with our bad neighbours. He also has some other symptoms of hypothyroidism. What is the medication?
My mom has got Type 2 Diabetes, endocrinologist has prescribed her to take Glycomet 500 mg tabs with gilmipride and Glycomet 250 mg without gilmipride. Does it effect her if she doesn't take Tab that contains gilmepride. My mom is 48 years old, 48 kg BW.
I am having fewer for two days around 103 degree and it is not coming down. I have taken crocin 500 mg 4 times a day for past 2 days. I don't have any swelling in body. I am confused that is dengue, chickengunia or it's a normal fewer.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.