Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra ReddyYour feedback matters!
Become physically active everyday which will improve your posture, muscle strength and balance and will prevent you from falling.
Hi, my period has finished than after 2 days me and my husband intermediate, but the next day my bleeding start again and its continuously every day now today 6 days left but bleeding never stopped. So pls help me.
Is Drinking Sperm Good For Health while giving Blow job. Can I become Pregnant If I drink the sperm.
We are a married couple since four years. But we do not have a child till now. We have done all the test suggested by the gynecologists. The results of all the test were positive. Even the doctors said both of you are absolutely fine. There is no issue. We even tried IVF once still it was unsuccessful. Can anyone advise us what to do next.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I'm 21 years old unmarried girl 22 july ko mera period aaya tha. Uske bad mere bf k sath 31st july ko mera unprotected sex ho jata hai. Then 13 august ko mere periods aata hai usually mera period 25 se 26 days k gap pr aata hai but is bar 23 days pr hi aa gya tha august mei 2 din phle expected daye se and kafi different tha mere usual periods se less bleeding but it continues 4 days. After all this again on 4th and 5th of september fir se mere bf k sath mera unprotected sex hota hai but this time after sex within 12 hours i took Ipill (contraceptive pill. So mere last period date k according 6 ya 7 September tk mera periods aa jana chahiye tha but ab tk nhi aaya hai. Now i'm so tensed about this. I'm unmarried I can't take any risk of pregnancy. Please tell me what to do? Is there any chance that i'm pregnant? If yes then mujhe kya krna chahiye ise turant hone k liye if No then mere periods q nahi aaye ab tak.
Is calcium deficiency caused due to herpes and what are the symptoms of the said deficiency due to it. I have come across Calcimax tablets and on reading the uses I have come across the indications that due to herpes there is osteoporosis of the bones and as I have Osteonecrosis as diagnosed by my doctor due to cartilage burnout between my left knee bones, I may be at risk of osteoporosis due to herpes. Are Calcimax tablets intake at two tablets a day the appropriate remedy?
My wife have abnormal periods for last two month 28 oct then 11nov then 24 nov then 12 dec Please tell me what may be the reason.
I have cramps during periods. I used to take 2-3 meftal spac a day. Is it harmful? Can you suggest any alternatives of meftal spac which are less harmful?
My ESR is 29. Uric acid is 7.4. I am having slight head ache from time to time from past 3 days. I had fever day before yesterday, but did not experience it after that. I feel uneasy with the head ache. My typhoid report according to the doctor is on the border line. There are enough pluses in the report to suggest that this might be typhoid. However, doctor wants to observe me for a weeks time. He wants to see if the fever goes away in this time or shots up. My Billirubin levels naturally remain between 1-2. I have been cured for T.B. 9 years back. I am allergic to sparfloxacin. My urine from the past 8 days is dark yellowish early in the morning. I have to travel abroad in a months time ad have to work on australian visa. They require medical examination to be done from their own accredited hospitals. I am not sure if I should wait for one week for other symptoms to show up. Please help. This situation was a week back. My doctor started me with Ofloxacin for any threat of typhoid. I have taken doses for 5 days now. My headache still remains on and off during the day. Urine colour still unusually shows yellow. I have to travel soon. Should I just neglect this headache and hope for it to get fine by pain killers or is it an indication of something else? What tests should I get done with?
Hi Ma'am My menses are not continues. This time it is delayed by 20 Days. I want to ask for some medicine or some suggestion for the continuity.
She is not getting periods properly so doctor is enquiring about PCOD. I want to know what PCOD is and how it is related.
My wife is 25 years old and now is pregnant from two and half months. I consult with Dr. Gyane. In opd and she take a Ultrasound shows foetus is of 8-9 weeks. She started two med- Tab. Folic and naturogest. But my wife is feeling weakness, vomiting and Giddings all the time and also feeling some pain in abdomen on liver side for which taking Liv 52 syrup. I want to know that is it a serious matter or normal in pregnancy? What should we do further?
I am 26 years old and my periods as about 3 weeks delayed but urine pregnancy test is negative. Is it possible in spite of pregnancy the results come negative. What should I do.
I am 33 yrs old female suffering from many problems like wait gained, hair loss, patch on scalp, unwanted hair growth on chin nd face, trying to get conceive from last 3 yrs.
Can you imagine your life without your cell phone? Difficult isn’t it, but did you know that these devices could be harming your sexual health? Most people keep their cell phones in their jeans or trouser pockets or clipped to a belt on their waist. While this does make the phone easily accessible, it also affects male fertility.
There are two main aspects to male fertility; the motility and viability of sperm cells. Motility refers to the sperm cell’s ability to swim through body fluids and fertilise the egg. Viability refers to the number of living vs non-living sperm cells and sperm cell abnormalities.
Cell phones are constantly working even when we’re not talking into them. They constantly send out and receive electromagnetic frequency radiation to keep your social media accounts updated. Given the close proximity of the cell phone and your body, this energy may be absorbed by your genitals. As a result, the sperm cells may change shape and lose their ability to attach themselves to an egg. The structural abnormality may impede the sperm’s ability to swim and thus reduce motility. Semen exposed to this type of radiation also has a high level of free radicals.
In order to produce sperm, the testicles maintain a specific temperature that is ideal for sperm health. Smartphones typically also have a higher temperature than that of the room you are in. Thus, when you keep your cell phone in your pant pockets, they increase your skin temperature in the groin by approximately 2 degrees as well as the temperature within your testicles. This slows down the production of sperm cells and can even kill them thus, reducing sperm cell viability.
In the ideal world, a cell phone should only be carried in a bag, but almost all men may cringe at the thought of carrying a bag. Hence, take your phone out of your pocket whenever possible, for example while driving, at a restaurant etc. The use of Ayurvedic aphrodisiacs can also lower the harmful effects of cell phones. The dried roots of asparagus or safed musli can help increase sperm count and rejuvenate a man’s libido. Ashwagandha, shilajit and kawach are also very effective Ayurvedic herbs to treat male infertility. Increasing your intake of food rich in vitamin C and E can also help deal with the stress in sperm caused by phone radiation. The use of these herbs has negligible side effects and hence can be safely used by men of all ages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Impotence is embarrassing for a man. It not only affects his self-confidence, but also the relationship with his partner. It is a condition in which a man cannot achieve an erection for having sex. If you are experiencing symptoms of impotence, they are most likely due to physical issues. However, sometimes psychological issues can also be responsible for impotence.
Here are 5 psychological factors, which may be associated with the inability to achieve an erection indicating impotence:
Stress: To a great extent, stress affects a person’s performance in bed. Due to excessive stress and pressure arising from different responsibilities and commitments, he might not be able to focus on sex. Extreme stress due to fear may leave him uneasy, thereby making it difficult for him to have an erection.
Anxiety: After experiencing symptoms of impotency, it is likely that a man may get extremely anxious about the fact that he will not be able to perform well in bed again. This anxiety may also arise from relationship problems, sexual abuse in the past or when a person is in a new relationship. As such, during sex, anxiety may make a man self-conscious, which makes it quite difficult for him to have an erection.
Depression: Feeling depressed or extremely sad because of any kind of issue such as a failed relationship, a poor career or recalling some past trauma may cause erectile dysfunction. Depression makes a person tired , thereby lowering his sex drive. The medicines used for treating depression may also lower libido,as a result of which a man may fail to get an erection.
Low Self-esteem: Having a low or a negative self-esteem may cause performance anxiety. A person is likely to be worried about how he will perform in bed. Low self-esteem may arise from factors related to body image, past experiences and from an underlying feeling of guilt.
Lack of Interest: Many conditions may divert a man’s interest from having sex. The lowering of libido will make it difficult for a man to get an erection and may lead to impotence. Such lack of interest may be on account of relationship issues, certain medications or because of ageing. Anger may also make a person lose interest in having sex.
If your sex life is getting hampered because of any such psychological factors, you must visit a doctor for seeking advice, suggestions and treatment. This will allow you to uncover and resolve the impotence-related problems, thereby letting you enjoy a healthy relationship with your partner in bed.
1. It's high in magnesium levels help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It also helps lower cholesterol levels
2. It is a great weight loss food. It is low in calorie but makes you feel full as it has high water content and fibre
3. Beta carotene and vitamin c also have anti inflammatory properties thereby naturally curing ailments like osteoarthritis asthma and rheumatoid arthritis