Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
You don’t need to spend bucket loads of money on wrinkle removing or anti-aging creams as long as you are engaging in intercourse almost regularly. It has been proven by medical science that sex can be an absolute boon in treating all skin problems and providing it with radiance. Listed below are a few ways how sex is good for your skin:
- Sex helps in balancing hormonal levels: Acne and other skin problems can be a result of an imbalance in the hormonal levels. However, if you are having sex regularly, you are helping your body maintain and regulate the hormone levels. Engaging in intercourse also releases ‘endorphins’ which give you a sense of happiness, helping to display the same radiance on your face as well.
- Engaging in the act regulates the oil secretion: Since most skin problems are a result of oil and sebum secretion, having sex can help in regulating the secretion of oil. Sex hormones do control the amount of oil our pores produce and prevent dry skin. Having sex also results in sweating which opens up pores and helps in getting rid of dirt and residual makeup. Hence, sex is a pre-cursor to great skin.
- Helps in getting glowing skin: Sex is necessary as it stimulates your senses and increases circulation of blood to your face which helps in delivering oxygen to your pores. This results in a rosy glow on your face after sex. Hence, if you have sex daily, you can expect the rosy radiance to remain on your face for the next few days.
- Younger looking skin: According to a study, sex is “the fountain of youth”. Having sex regulates the amount of oil in your skin which prevents wrinkles and fine lines from appearing, making your skin look younger than it actually is.
- Sex can prevent inflammation of the skin: It releases anti-inflammatory molecules, thus reducing various skin related disorders in check. Having sex releases ‘oxytocin’ and ‘beta endorphins’ which fight inflammatory molecules. These hormones also give you healthier skin and help in boosting immunity. you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My wife 48 yrs old is having irregular monthly periods and having sever headache in the mornings. Whether it is a hormone problem or ct scan is essential. Will a dose of hormone do?
I have a problem of white discharge. And it is appearing daily before n after my periods. Some times my charge is like watery n after some days its like thick white. I am worried about my health please tell me why this is happening.
My period time is irregular or not a fix date, I am also suffering from heavy flow at that period of time and severe pain in stomach also at that time.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!