Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChitraYour feedback matters!
In July 28th I had my last cervix vaccine and before 28th july I had relation with my spouse. Now in 20th august I found I am pregnant. Will it has any effect on baby?
I'm a 24 years old woman. I am 2 weeks pregnant. I confirmed it via upt. I took a mifepristone and 2 oral misoprostol (200 mcg each) 48 hrs apart. I took another dise of miso 3 hrs later but I still have not bled like I was supposed to. Is the drug not working? Im freaking out. Pls help.
Infertility is a condition where a couple is trying to conceive in a natural way and is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process, and any condition in the female or male can upset either function which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
Risk: There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
Treatment: Male patients can go through treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal, and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like in-vitro fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 37 weeks pregnant. Did my ultra sound this week. My baby weighs 2.5 KGS. Drs considered it to b a low weight n prescribed me with aminofit tablet. Is it necessary to use this tablet? Or can I increase my baby's weight through my food?
I am 17 years old having sex with bf in my 2nd days of periods and took i-pill within 24 hr. But my period stops and the next week having sex took i-pill again is it a chance of getting pregnant?
Me n my wife had sex on 1st february on the next day she got period. But from yesterday she got brownish discharge. Is there any chance to get Pregnant?
I get pain while urinating and sometime blood comes out while urine and this symptoms are from a week.
Hello doctor, m waiting for my periods still not happened, every month 30 is my date. But in august l dint got my periods, in June we had sex in 13th n I took ipill & my period date was 30, n then July 8th we had again this time I dint have ipill, n on 15th July I got period means after just 15 days. I really got shocked. N after that till waiting for my period, I have took test also 3 time it's showing negative, and also m having stomach pain same like periods once, but nothing is happening. please suggest m soo tensed. Thank you.
Why do human being becomes transgender (3rd gender recognised by indian constitution? What is the reason behind it? Is there any treatment for these?
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.