Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chikkamoga
Submit a review for Dr. ChikkamogaYour feedback matters!
Sir my mom have leg pains when I consult doctor they said a liquid like material should present between the knee bones and its over due to working and they said to overcome this there is need to do operation can it be cured without operation? if yes please tell how.
Hi my mother is having savior pain in knee how to solve that pain pls give me a suggestion to become relief from that pain.
I'm 29 year old male. I have knee pain in right leg more then 2 years. Not a heavy pain when I kick bike i'm facing some problem.
Sir I am getting shin, shoulder and knee pain if I go for jogging and it continues all through the day what may be the reason and what is the remedy.
I am suffering hardly knee pain. I can take some medicines for this. But it can't stop. What can I do.
As prr recent discussion, knee pain only comes suddenly when I walk. No knees pain during sitting in office. Hamstring pain is there in left leg while sitting. Also back pain sometimes comes and automatically gone away if I do some exercise. Also I have started cycling to remove knee pain. Please suggest.
Having pain in knee. All blood report and knee x ray is NAD. IN THE RIGHT KNEE WHEN COMES IN CONTACT WITH GROUND OR BED WITH SOME PRESSURE FEELS IF SOME STONE corner IS PINCHING. X RAY DOES NOT SHOW ANY PROB. HOWEVER CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT ARE TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE FURTHER COURSE OF INV AND MEDICATION. KNEE STRENGTH exercise ALSO SUGGEST IF I CAN DO.
Sir, my age 43 years, male, height 5.8' weight 108 kg. I am suffering from plantar fascia (5.0 mm) and having severe pain in heel of left foot. As per x ray reports doctor said that the greece of my both knees almost over. Kindly advised me the best treatment for my heel pain and problem of greece of my knees.
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Dry Needling: Dry needling is an effective and efficient technique for the treatment of arthritis pain. Dry needling or intramuscular stimulation (IMS) is extremely effective for relaxing overactive muscles, which contain trigger points. In simple terms, the treatment involves needling of a muscle's trigger points without injecting any substance.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!