Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ChikkamogaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from my knee joint pain from past six months tired of going to hospitals and looking for remedies, please suggest me any remedy.
I am suffrig from my knee pain in my keft leg but when I go some distance my right knee also start paining what is the solution?
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.
I got my knee twisted while playing football about 2 years ago and know when I go for running and it gives a feeling that it will happen again. What should I do?
Sir 1. Last week 10th Oct I fell down from my 2 wheeler, I got small injury on my knee, I went to a nearby hospital and got first aid, with a tt injection. 2nd day my leg was paining and I went to the same dr, he advice it will be ok 2. I apply. Ice cube with cloth for the affected area, but it is paining, so I decided. To go to a ortho specialist, he confirmed it was a blood clot and it will take 4 to 5 days, he gave gel to apply and 2 tablet. But it was not given any development. 3.3rd I wear cloth around the clot for 3 to 4 hrs. Likewise. 3 times, but no improvement. 4. I applied white egg on the affected area but the same experience. 5. I can able to fold 90%of my leg but cant able to place the foot. Nor walk, So kindly advice me to continue. The correct method of treatment Thanks
I am suffering from severe arthritis pain and I have tried many homeopathy treatments but do not got any relief so what should I do if allopathic treatment will work or should try ayurvedic remedies please advise for and also the name of that medicine or ayurvedic medicine.
She has her uric acid increased what should she do to control that. She also suffers regular knee pain is this increase of uric acid is the reason for her knee pain. Please consult how can she get rid of that pain and control uric acid.
I am having Rheumatoid Arthritis since four years. For past one year I am taking Ayurveda treatment. But since past 3 months I am getting pain in my hands and legs. Before 1 year I was taking English medicine, had no pain. Even in Ayurveda for 1 year I dint have any pain. I am having pain only past 3 months. What should I do now?
I AM 26 YR OLD LADY. SUFFERING FROM THYROID. USING MEDICINE SINCE 2 YEAR. HOW CAN I CHECK MY THYROID. NOW I AM SUFFERING FROM KNEE JOINT PAIN. PLEASE SUGGEST THE MEDICINE.
Hello sir I am from from pain in my knee when I on chair for long Tim eplz help sir please give me instruction on my mail plz.
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee.
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress your knee.
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down.
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended.
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgery to repair the meniscus.
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I am having some joint problem whenever I try to sit down I am not able to get up by myself as my knees ache have got my menopause since 3 yearsAnd also I am putting on weight, even my vagina remains very dry and so the vaginal lips stick I do apply moisturizer and it feels better I am 52 years and weigh 81 kgs height is 5.2" please advice.
I am a govt teacher I am suffering from knee pain from 2 week Please suggest me a best solution for it.
In this article you will get to know how Dr. R k aggarwal lets us to know how we can examine our health and also by doing that know the real reason behind many diseases.
Dr R. K. Aggarwal says we should treat our self as human not a machine. For example if we have problem in a part of body we should not cut it out but treat it; all these things we do with our body is not good for our health and body.
One further step in good home oral care is regular self -examination for oral cancer. We have already mentioned that any sore that has been in the mouth for more than a week should be brought to a dentists attention at once. The chances are good that it will prove not to be malignant, but we are better able than ever to diagnose and treat precancerous conditions, and early detection is of the greatest importance.
You can play a major part in preventing oral cancer or catching it while it can be readily treated and cured if you take the time to examine the mouth regularly for any signs of disease.
Now all scientists and doctors know and suggest not following allopath. A revolution is happening but for that to reach us could take 30-50 years; which I am helping in getting people knowing that and treat themselves with various diseases.
First we should know the reason of the disease not go for the operation treatment. It never helps it comes out any way or another.
Dr. R K Aggarwal says we are here to help you get rid of dependence of yours on allopath medicines.
Watch the below video – Dr. R k aggarwal
The reason behind any disease is when bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses collect in our body it causes diseases. This video also features some talk about tumour, fibroid, tumour cyst, ulcerative colitis and many other problems of our body.
Watch the video for further information about various diseases that are caused because of bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses also how to treat it through bowel cleanse.
Ssohm want people to understand that it’s never too late start cleansing your body which not only cure diseases like tumor, fibroid, tumor cyst, ulcerative colitis but also rescue your life from various other harmful and dangerous diseases forever.