Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChihanYour feedback matters!
I had got pimples in my face but slowly it is decreasing but leaving off small pores in my face. These looks very bad. Please tell me what to do?
I have oily skin. How can I increase my skin tone. I have medium black skin tone. L want to increase my colour to white.
My both foots are having dark/black spots up to areas of wearing socks. What are these and what is cure for them?
My wife is 6 months pregnant, black marks has came on her face, neck, shoulder, more on her face, her face has changed a lot pls give some suggestion, she is feeling uneasy she is worried about this what to give me a solution.
My face is so dark compare to body color. Its not sun burn. Due to body temperature level. Always body gets over heated. Face will turn to black. Lips turns dried condition sometimes lips bleeding. I take every precaution for reduce body temp. But its not work. What should I do. I need suggestion.
Huge hair fall since 2 years. No family history. No one in my family has bold head. Both father side and mother side. So much dandruff is there.
My son wears turban his forehead area between the eyebrows is badly tanned he has used many creams suggested by dermatologist he also uses medicated face wash and sunscreen but nothing is helping him please guide or recommend some lotion his skin is oily and has pores too but no pimples but he used have when he was 17 yrs.
The skin is exposed to many things, which causes it to lose its luster and appear dull. Apart from the external factors certain internal factors also cause skin darkening. Internal factors, such as what you eat and how much you exercise also affect its condition and thus in turn, affects how you look. Your skin may develop dark spots, blemishes and tan. Let’s look at some of the ways this can be tackled resulting in fairer skin.
Changing lifestyle habits and your daily routine:
- Protection from the sun: Many of the blemishes and spots on your skin are due to the exposure you have had to the sun. Thus ensure that you have sufficient UV protection with the best possible SPF levels that suit your skin. Generally, in Indian climate, an SPF count of 30 is recommended. However, the correct SPF count would depend on one’s skin texture. Wear hats as well as sunglasses while outside to prevent tanning as well as dark circles.
- Exfoliate regularly: This is an important step as most of the dead skin cells on your body are darker in skin tone than the newer cells beneath them. If you exfoliate regularly, then this layer of dead skin cells will be removed making you fairer. However, don’t exfoliate more than two times a week as it would lead to excessively dry skin.
Homemade lightening treatments for your skin:
- Turmeric paste: You can make turmeric paste with either olive oil or milk and then make it into a mask. Apply it and keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Doing this for a few days should result in noticeable results.
- Lemon Juice rinse: Mix equal amounts of lemon juice from half a lemon with water in a glass. Then dab this mixture on your face body and hands and keep it there for 20 minutes or so. Apply moisturizer and don’t go out in the sun immediately. Do this for a few days a week and you should see results quickly.
- Potato rub: Cut a potato into thick slices and ensure that you rub it over the face or on areas where you want to lighten the skin.
- Other treatments: Other home remedies also include, green coconut water rinses, honey lemon masks and papaya masks among others. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.