Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chethan Nagaraj
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Chethan NagarajYour feedback matters!
Headache since 2 months, and backpain. Even though am not riding bike, am taking rest, but still headache and pacpain, body pain. Am 29 years old, male.
I walk around 4 km everyday evening but now a days feeling heavyness on my lower parts of legs (below knee) while going up through staircase. Also I have started feeling mild pain on my knees. Please help.
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.