Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChetanaYour feedback matters!
My sister is 19 years old but she didn't have periods. We took homeopathic medicine but nothing happened. Now after ultrasound, reports were showing that a rudimentary nodule of some mm was found instead of uterus. At last it was written rudimentary/ absent uterus.
Sir 2 years when i was in hostel i sufferred from a disease which most of our friends went through,we got small buds all around penis and scrotum which itches a lot,took medicine and it got cured bt now i feel my scrotum has got loose,it hangs more and the skin is also enlarged like rubber which creates trouble in summer,is it the effect of that disease or is it normal,me 27 now.Please suggest proper measures and please stop advicing me to use strongal.No spam please. Its serious.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Diagnosis: A detailed patient history, discussion on symptoms followed by ultrasound and laparoscopy can help in diagnosing endometriosis.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When you cut back on saturated fat, you almost certainly cut back on the amount of meat you eat. When this happens, you may also be cutting back on important nutrients, too. Filling the void, though, is fat-fighting wheat germ. It provides a bevy of minerals, including all-important iron and zinc.
Wheat germ, a health-food basic, is the embryo of the wheat kernel. It is one portion of the wheat kernel that is removed when it is processed into refined flour. Wheat germ certainly deserves its reputation for being a powerhouse of nutrients, as its profile strikingly illustrates.
Face it, wheat germ is a nutrition standout. It's one of the best sources of folic acid. That's good news, since it's recommended that all women of childbearing age get sufficient amounts of this nutrient to prevent neural-tube birth defects. Folic acid reduces a compound in your body called homocysteine. Lower levels of homocysteine have been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis bone fractures, and dementia.
Wheat germ also contains a phytonutrient called l-ergothioneine, which is a powerful antioxidant that is not destroyed by cooking. The fiber boost you get from wheat germ is phenomenal.
Selection and storage
Because of its unsaturated fat content, wheat germ goes rancid easily, especially if it's raw. Fresh wheat germ should smell something like toasted nuts, not musty. Unopened, a sealed jar of wheat germ will keep about one year on the shelf. Always store opened wheat germ in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container, where it'll keep up to nine months.
Preparation and serving tips
Wheat germ makes a nutritious and often undetectable addition to a myriad of dishes, including breads, pancakes, waffles, cookies, cereals, and milk shakes. It's a lower-fat alternative to granola that can be added to yogurt and cereals. When adding wheat germ to baked goods or quick breads, you can replace one half to one cup of the flour with it. Because wheat germ tends to absorb moisture, you may want to add one to two tablespoons of water for every one-quarter cup of wheat germ you add to a recipe.
As you work on your weight-loss plan to cut back on fatty meat dishes, remember that wheat germ can provide you with those vitamins and minerals you may be missing, as well as give you fiber to satisfy your appetite.
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Actually I'm having PCOD problem, from long ago I started using homeopathy medicine now my periods r regular. I involved in sex with my hubby and I took ipill. I missed my period date (28th is my date) from last 2 days onwards I'm eating papaya to get the periods but no use. Actually I'm having occasion on 4th please tel me the remedies to get the period with in this 2 days itself. Plz suggest me.
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.
I am suffering from little bit jaundice and also having temperature from 99 to 102.5 and I am pregnant, suggest something how can I take relief from all this things. And also share me diet plan.
Hi respected doctors. Want to know. I am 7 mnth pregnant. I want normal delivery. So I want information how it can possible. Coz I deliver my first baby with cesarean. N it took 4 year. Is niw possible normal delivery for me.
Female dyspareunia refers to painful intercourse. It is estimated that 8 to 21% of women experience this at some point in their lives. Pain during or after intercourse is disturbing and restricts partners need for intimacy. It leaves the partners with an unpleasant experience and may lead to frustrations, anxiety and fear of sex. There is little awareness among couples about dyspareunia and thus a painful experience is sometimes confusing for the other partner and often invites fights and arguments rather than support and understanding.
Women with dyspareunia suffer pain in genitalia or deeper in the pelvis, vulva or vagina. It is more common among women after menopause; however, many women experience pain right from their first sexual attempt or just after initiation while some at deeper penetration.
Causes of dyspareunia could be medical, psychosocial or both. Medical conditions can be cured but often there are underlying personal and psychological factors which need to be addressed usually by counsellors or sexologists.
Diagnosis of the problem begins with a physical examination of the vulva. Apart from this an internal pelvic examination may also be required. A doctor takes into account the nature, extent and duration of pain in determining possible causes and deciding the mode of treatment. During interaction with the patient, various other psychosocial factors are also revealed that must be addressed for holistic treatment.
Medical conditions that could cause pain during or after intercourse are many including lesions, thin skin, scar tissues or ulcers. Infections like uti, herpes, yeast infections, chlamydia, trichomoniasis can also cause pain.
Treatment of infections is through drugs and creams.
- Apart from this, infections of the fallopian tubes or conditions like ovarian cysts, fibroids, tumours or endometriosis could be a reason for deeper and intense pain. In most of the cases, panchkarma is the option.
- Lack of oestrogen is another major cause for this type of pain. Oestrogen deficiency can cause lack of lubrication making vaginal area dry. This can cause painful friction during intercourse. Along with lubricants, a natural herbal treatment is given.
- Apart from medical causes, fears or anxieties associated with sex can sometimes lead to pain. Lack of harmony in relationships can lead to loss of desire for sex leading to vaginal dryness and discomfort. A traumatic sexual experience of the past may also inhibit a partner to be at peace in the act and may invite psychosomatic problems. It is important for the partner to be sensitive and lend a hand of support. Understanding how a partner wishes to be caressed and touched and making efforts towards providing a sexually exciting experience can go a long way in removing partner’s inhibitions/fears and introducing positive sparks in the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult our herbal panchkarma experts.