Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChetanaYour feedback matters!
Obesity is a common problem in today’s world; especially with the changing food habits, increased stress levels and poor lifestyle choices coming into play. In women, weight gain can primarily occur because of hormonal imbalances and pregnancy. The various causes of weight gain in women are:
- Menopause: On reaching menopause, hormonal imbalances can increase appetite and lead to weight gain.
- Stress and pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period when a woman tends to eat a lot and put on weight. Pregnancy can also result in piling up of stress because of the anticipation as the D-day draws nearer; increased stress levels lead you to eat more and you tend to put on more weight, thus increasing risks of suffering from obesity eventually.
- Diseases: Complications in the liver and the kidneys may cause you to gain weight.
There are many options that a woman can opt for weight loss. Some of the best non surgical treatment for weight loss is:
- Ultrasonic lipolysis: This is a non-surgical technique to reduce fat from abdomen, thighs, hips, back etc.It involves HIFU (high intensity focalized ultrasound) wherein, ultrasonic waves are directed on areas in the body which have excess fat. The process involves removing fat tissues through the natural drainage system of the body i.e. the lymph system.
- Endermology: Endermology is a technique that is used to increase blood circulation and reduce cellulite (persistent layered fat) content in the body. The procedure entails using rollers which are rolled on the skin to stretch the connective tissues, which results in cellulite reduction. It also revitalizes the tissues in the body and prevents bloating. The treatment is painless and is known to relax the tissues in the body.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique that is used to reduce fat from the body. The procedure involves administering medications to the concerned areas of the body which have excess amounts of fat by means of injections. It enhances the circulatory and immune system of the body; it is a painless procedure and does not require post-surgical recovery time and so considered as a best weight loss treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.
Spotting or implantation bleeding after 6-12 days of conception is the first sign of pregnancy. Some women fail to notice this change, which is only natural.
My wife is pregnant. 29 oct 2016 she will complete 2 month. What we can take precaution and try for healthy and shar baby girl/baby boy. Please guide regarding the same.
My wife is 5 months pregnant. Is it safe for her nd baby to travel 200 kms by car . Any precautions to be taken.
I am not having egg white cervical mucus. I am only having watery cervical mucus during ovulation period. Does that mean that I am not ovulating?
I had miscarriage last year n now trying to have baby but not conceived I have only one month with my husband n I do not want to mis this chance what to do special thing to conceive.
Hello doc I'm planning for baby and my last period was Feb 20 to 23 and I had intercourse on March 4, 6,8& 9 will be any chance of getting pregnant, suddenly pains in abdomen, stomach, breast and back. Pls suggest me thank you.
I'm a 17 year old boy. Of late, I have been experiencing pain on my right nipple every time I touch it or there is even the slightest pressure. Also, I can feel a kind of lump behind it. My mom had breast cancer. Should I consult an oncologist or is this normal? I read in a few places that this is normal if it happens on both sides but on my left side I can feel little to nothing. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
After how many months I come to know that my partner is pregnant, still I get pregnancy confirmation can I have sex every day?
After pregnancy I have facing problems like back pain and fat. I have in my hips, buttox and thighs. What is the solution.
My wife very afraid. When I want to sex with her. I got married in 2008 but my first night is pending. She always afraid. What's the problem and solutions. Please advice?
I am 24 years. I have manshural cycle problem. 1st day of my period is very painful. Also suffered with watery stool. Vomiting. Nausea. Every month this happened with me. Please help me.
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 28 years 3 months old married women. My period comes in 30 to 31 days and in september I got my period on 15 sept but in October I got it on 22nd Oct after taking 3 vitamins pills. In November I missed my period so I checked up my pregnancy test, which showed +ve result. So we went to Gynaecologist, as per Ultrasound reports it shows 5 week 6 days pregnancy. We are not prepare for this & we have not planned for this now, So I wanted to get it abort. Is it safe for me and will it effect my future pregnancy. Kindly advice the best.
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
Madam, In my USG report fluid level is adequate and mild polyhudrous, that why doctor has suggested me do not use sugar and also for sugar test and CBC test. I am 9 mnth pregnant, I hd sugar test two times bt report was normal. My prevs. HB level was 11.3. please guide me about the effect of polyhydrous amniotic fluid. My 1st delivery was in nov. 2011, pph and D.
Benefits of whey protein
- Maintain a healthy weight: A reduced calorie, higher protein diet including whey protein may improve the quality of weight loss by helping a person lose more fat and/or maintain more lean muscle.
- Curb hunger: Calorie for calorie, whey protein can help people feel fuller longer than carbohydrates or fats.
- Get lean: Consuming whey protein and performing resistance exercise regularly can help build more lean muscle than resistance training alone or resistance training combined with carbohydrate consumption.
- Enhance exercise recovery: Consuming whey protein after exercise helps to build and repair muscle.
- Reduce muscle loss with ageing: Emerging research shows older Americans may be able to slow the age-related decline of muscle mass by engaging in resistance training and consuming higher than the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for protein.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!