Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ChetanaYour feedback matters!
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I had seen blood drops after urine passed last night Consult me. Is it any thing serious? Please guide me.
I am having thought disorder concentration problem ,headache, loss of emotions, feelings,irritation, did not have periods for the last two months, lower back pain leg cramps pain in lower abdomen during fingering. I am sexually active but always with protection .brown discharge from vagina, I have hyperinsulinism and hyperprolactin. I am obese.
Instead of spending a lump sum amount on supplements that are marketed for athletes and fitness fanatics, you can just make a few changes to your diet and add these 5 super foods mentioned below to your daily dietary plan to increase your endurance and power. Eating whole foods rather than manufactured and processed food is recommended in this regard. Also, athletes should inculcate these food items into all their regular meals and snacks, instead of just before a big event or after exercising.
- Wild Salmon: This power food is essential for athletes because it contains high quality protein i.e. lean protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (that is anti-inflammatory) and vitamins B12 and B6. Athletes should opt for wild salmon since they are less contaminated than their farmed counterparts. Salmon enhances athletic performance and helps build muscles. It also lowers the risk of prostate cancer and chronic heart diseases, and makes recovery from injuries quicker.
- Bananas: Bananas are the favorite pre and post workout recovery food. It is loaded with potassium that helps in regulating fluids and prevents muscles from cramping or spasming and also contains vitamin B6 which is anti inflammatory and prevents cardiovascular diseases. It is easy to digest and has natural electrolytes that are beneficial to athletes.
- Nuts: Combining protein and healthy fats, nuts are natural and easy to digest. They can balance your blood sugar levels and help in breaking down carbohydrates for long durations without upsetting your stomach. Athletes with high calorie needs must consume nuts. It is rich in vitamins and minerals; unsaturated fat that is anti-inflammatory and fiber that helps stabilize energy levels.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is considered to be the most nourishing food for athletes. It is very rich in protein and has high soluble fiber content and complex carbohydrates. It is essential for athletes looking to put on weight. It is also important for maintaining glucose levels and cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin B, minerals and antioxidants.
- Sweet Potatoes: Imperative for their starchy content, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C, which are powerful antioxidants, and minerals such as potassium, iron, manganese, and copper that are necessary for healthy muscle function. Sweet potatoes help in lowering of blood pressure and removing free radicals from your body.
Internet Addiction Disorder is associated with structural and functional changes in brain regions involving emotional processing, decision making and cognitive control
All you need to know about infections of the uterus, vagina and cervix
The uterus, vagina and cervix are major components of the female reproductive system. Their functioning impacts the overall growth and health of the female body as well as sexuality.
There are a number of infections and diseases that affect the female reproductive organs. Most cases require clinical care and treatment in consultation with a gynaecologist.
Following are the symptoms of infection in the uterus, cervix or vagina:
- pain or numbness in the pelvic region
- unusual discharge from the vagina
- bleeding during or after intercourse
- pain or burning sensation during urination
- skipped periods
- excessively painful menstrual cramps
- nausea and vomiting
- urinary incontinence
There are three main types of infections that affect the organs of the female reproductive system. They are as follows:
This is an infection that affects the vagina. It occurs when the walls of the vagina get inflamed and irritated. It is caused by bacteria, viruses, yeast, chemicals and even clothing. It often occurs due to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The different types of infections that occur as vaginitis are yeast infection, viral vaginitis, bacterial vaginitis, trichomoniasis vaginitis, etc.
This infection affects the cervix. Cervicitis can either be acute or chronic in nature, depending upon what causes the cervix to get inflamed. It occurs most commonly due to sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhoea, chlamydia and herpes. This condition is often confused with vaginitis as the two have similar causes and symptoms.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) is a serious infection that affects the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. It is caused by sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhoea and can lead to severe complications. It often causes scar tissue to grow between the internal organs and may even lead to ectopic pregnancy. If not properly diagnosed, it can cause infertility and other chronic problems.
Treating the various infections that affect the female reproductive system depends on a number of factors such as nature of the problem, age and medical history of the patient, and the root causes. Early detection and diagnosis ensure effective treatment which makes it important to see a gynaecologist at the onset of symptoms.