Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ChetanaYour feedback matters!
10 Extra Precautions Need To Be Taken After Cesarean Delivery:
A Cesarean Delivery is unlike normal (vaginal) delivery with fast recovery period. It usually takes four to six weeks for a woman to recover after a C-section.
1. Take Medications for Pain and Discomfort
After the anaesthesia wears off, you will feel pain and discomfort. On first doses, the pain medications will be given intravenously and then after a few days, they will be given orally. Take these medications piously.
2. Get Plenty of Rest and Sleep
Having ample amount of rest and sleep will get your strength back after the Caesarean Delivery. A tip is to fall asleep when your baby falls asleep too. Sleep with your baby especially in the first few weeks of recovery.
3. Ambulate Early
Early ambulation is important after a C-Section. Air may be trapped inside the stomach that causes pain. To relieve the pain and discomfort, mothers should start walking 24 hours after surgery. Sitting, standing and walking should be done in the next 24 hours as well. Fast recovery will be achieved after doing moderate physical activity.
4. Monitor Your Bleeding
Lochia bleeding is important to monitor in the first few weeks after the delivery. The lochia colour, consistency and amount should change over time.
5. Take Fibre-Rich Foods and Know What to Avoid
Fibre-rich foods are important in women recovering from Caesarean Delivery because they relieve constipation and gas formation. Fruits and vegetables are good source of fibre.
6. Learn How to Care for Your Wound
Wash your hands whenever you inspect your wound or change wound dressing. This is the best way to prevent infection. Watch out for signs of infections such as an oozing green discharge or red skin around the wound area. Call your doctor immediately.
7. Avoid Strenuous Activities
All physical activities should be limited in the first few weeks following a C-Section. Even after the sixth week or being fully recovered from the delivery, mothers are advised to refrain from overexertion.
8. Be Warned of Emotional Imbalance
Women are normally emotional after delivery because of hormonal changes. You must watch out if you become overly depressed and hopeless. This may be sign of emotional imbalance and may lead to postpartum depression.
9. Educate Yourself with Right Breastfeeding Techniques
There are different types of baby holding techniques for breastfeeding purpose. It is important to familiarize them and try it on your baby later on. The best advice is to be able to find which ones suit you and your baby the most.
10. Know When To Ring The Emergency Numbers
Secure your Obstetrician and Paediatrician’s numbers in case of emergency. Store them on your phone’s memory. Scribble them down on your notes or pin them on your fridge. You must call for help if you experience fever, flu, skin discoloration and difficulty breathing. Give your OB a ring if you notice green oozing discharges and red flashes on your wound area, smelly vagina, pain when urinating, abdominal pains, severe headache and chest pain.
My wife is pregnant right now. This is 3 month. So please suggest me what are the food and fruits to be taken for mother and baby health.
Sir/madam I have done sex with my girl friend on 3rd april of 2018 without any protection and her regular period used to come on 5th of every month but it is not coming yet. So how do we protect her from pregnancy if it will be? Please help me as soon as possible sir Thank you.
Hello doctor. I want to concern with a gynecologist. I have irregular period. My doctor prescribed me 2 medicine chromiNAC-A and glycomet 1GM. I am taking these 2 tables for 2 months. Now this month my period came on time. Now my doctor prescribed me Krimson 35 .but we have plan now for a baby. Should I take this tablet if I have plan? Why should I take this tablet? I searched in Internet. But not getting satisfactory result. Can anyone help me out. Please.thanks.
I had unprotected sex yesterday and next day dark discharge started to appear. My period is on 18th of every month. I had taken an ipill two months back. After that my periods were regular. Really need to know what I should be doing now? what might be the reason? please help.
Does getting withdrawal bleed, mean I am 100% not pregnant? I did hpt today it was negative. But upt can be false sometimes right? please explain asap I got withdrawal bleed after 4 months I conceived. So even if I was pregnant is it possible to get bleeding at 4 months?
Memory is something which runs the world. Memory boosting techniques are most common among the children. All parents would want their children to have good memory. Adults also loose the capacity of remembering things when they are under stress.
Here are some of the foods which would help boosting the memory:
1. Cabbage: Cabbage head is not the insult as you may perceive. It is a good source of folic acid which helps boost memory.
2. Eggs: Eggs are the primary source of protein and are said to increase the memory. A good omelet on any day for breakfast is a good deal to improve your memory.
3. Broccoli: A little sister of cauliflower broccoli is a good source of protein again. Broccoli can be eaten in boiled state as a side or stir fried way as salad. Add some veggies to stir fried broccoli with salad dressing, you get fantastic salad which not only boosts the taste of your palette but also boosts your memory.
4. Strawberries: The favorite most of all, eating strawberries a day would surely improve your memories. Strawberries can be eaten in any way. Shake it up with little milk and chia seeds, you get a fantastic shake which has refreshing taste and goodness of strawberry.
5. Red Wine: Many people swear by this quality of red wine which would help them boost memory. It is said that wine which is older is the better for improving memory powers. Consuming wine with food is the best way to have it.
6. Salmon: Definitely not an option for vegans and vegetarians, salmon is considered to be the best source of protein and hence boosts memory power.
7. Almonds: Indians swear by almonds for their capacity to boost memory. Soaked and eaten as first thing in the morning peeled almonds are the best source of protein too.