Find numerous Mother and Child Cares in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Mother and Child Cares with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Mother and Child Cares online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chetan Doctor
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan DoctorYour feedback matters!
I am 35 year old woman past few months it self suffering knee pain. And with in 2 months I gain 5 kg extra. What should I do for get rid of knee pain as well as weight loss.
I am having cough and cold for last 3 weeks, I have consulted a doctor but even after taking medicine I am not getting relief. Please help.
I am having sex with my wife from last 1 year n my wife is polyistic ovary n for that she has taken a treatment now done with all tests her egg is developing still she is not able to conceive.Please tell.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
My wife is six month pregnant. Its our first baby. I just want to know what kind of precautions we should take during next three months. What to eat what to wear how to sleep. I want to know about all do's and dont's and I also want to know that where should we go for the pregnancy in private hospital or in government hospital. And after pregnancy how time we should spent in the hospital.
If you want to lose weight, you should know that abstaining from certain foods will help you lose weight faster. Although, sometimes you can indulge in certain food items, but most of the time you strictly need to avoid. Avoiding these will enable you to fend off hunger and food cravings, thereby supporting your weight loss program.
Here are the primary food items which you should avoid:
- All snacks containing only carbohydrates: When you consume bread, rice, cakes, dry cereal or crackers alone, your body converts the carbohydrates into simple sugars, sending them into your bloodstream directly. Because of this, your body produces excess insulin. This results in low blood sugar. You are likely to get inclined towards eating sugary food items without any nutritional value.
- Frozen meals: For making fresh ingredients last longer in your refrigerator, many food manufacturers add sodium to frozen meals, which serves as a natural preservative. Sodium makes your body retain water, and bloats you up in return. This hampers your efforts for weight loss. When calories worth a whole meal are squeezed into a tiny box, with each bite you take, you will consume a lot of calories.
- High fiber snacks: Fiber is important for the body as it keeps the digestive system functioning smoothly, keeping you feel full even if you are avoiding calories. However, around 25 grams of fiber, which is worth one day’s requirement in one snack bar, is harmful for your weight loss target. Fiber intake should be consistent throughout the day for improving your digestive system, and for not causing an upset stomach.
- Juice: When you drink juice, you consume all the calories from the fruits without the natural fruit fibers, which are supposed to fill you up. Even 100% fruit juices are empty calories, which lead to high blood sugar. Fructose, the natural fruit sugar, which makes fruit juices taste sweet, tricks the body into gaining weight as the body’s ability to recognize when it is full gets blunted. This may make you eat more and the risk of developing diabetes and insulin resistance becomes more likely.
- Artificially sweetened drinks: You should stop having soda and all sweet drinks, which contain zero calories. Mind of some people is wired in such a way that artificial sweeteners enhance their food craving.
Apart from these, you must also avoid alcohol strictly, if you want to lose weight. Alcohol does not support weight loss as it contains empty calories. These do not make you feel full, and do not have any nutritional value. Your judgement regarding your weight loss goals also gets impaired because of alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
You know about your vitamins and proteins. But do you really? not many of us are aware of the nutrients that our body needs and their functions. But unless we understand the value of the nutrients, we’ll never be able to appreciate their need in our diet. Vitamin b17 is one such nutrient which is often overlooked.
Known more commonly as amygdalin, this anti-cancerous vitamin is a member of the vitamin b-complex family. A well-known alternative cure for cancer, vitamin b17 is quite effective in lowering tumors and curbing metastasis. It terminates the cancerous cells, safeguards the body from the onset, development, and spread of cancer in future, and gives your immune system a good boost. The foods that contain this vitamin are known as nitrilosides. Before getting to know about the vitamin b17 foods, lets take a closer look at how beneficial this vitamin is for us.
Vitamin b 17 - benefits for health:
Along with being an acknowledged alternative medicine for cancer, this b 17 vitamin is believed to render other health benefits too:
- The anti-hypertensive properties of this vitamin help in keeping the blood pressure levels under control, which in turns help thwart off various cardiovascular diseases.
- Vitamin b17 is known to boost the potential of the immune system.
- This vitamin is also used as a complete tonic to boost your overall health.
- Laetrile is also known to help the body with its detoxification and cleansing process.
An interesting fact:
If you do a google search on vitamin b17, many results that pop up contain a word called laetrile, which is used as a synonym for this vitamin. However, in reality, laetrile is the synthetic form of b 17 and is derived from amygdalin. Laetrile is available in various forms in the market, including injections, lotions, tablets, and even suppositories.
Now that you know what is vitamin b17 and what its benefits are, let us see where this vitamin is found naturally:
Top 7 natural vitamin b17 foods:
Seeds, especially apricot seeds, top the list of rich vitamin b 17 foods. You can also find this vitamin in the seeds of prunes, pears, peaches, nectarines, cherries, and even apples. Flax seeds, squash seeds, millet seeds and buckwheat seeds also contain this vitamin in moderate amounts.
Nuts are rich of assorted nutrients, including minerals and proteins. Almonds, especially the bitter ones, along with macadamia nuts and cashew nuts, contain vitamin b17, with bitter almonds leading the list. Macadamia comes next and finally the cashews. However, researchers have indicated that these nuts are highly toxic and have been banned in the us. Nevertheless, bitter almonds are used for manufacturing extracts and to give liqueurs that distinct flavor.
Berries – including raspberry, strawberry, currants, cranberry, and blackberry – contain admirable quantities of this anti-cancerous vitamin. Not to forget quinoa, gooseberry, and mulberry! however, the surprising fact is that the wild berries contain vitamin b17 in quite high amounts.
Check out your favorite yam, cassava, and sweet potato. They all contain this vitamin, with cassava leading the list. Despite being a rich source of protein, cassava leaves should be cooked properly to avoid the conversion of cyanogenic glucosides into cyanide.
Opt for assorted beans to get vitamin b17. Choose for fava, black, kidney, lima, and garbanzo that are rich in this vitamin. Cook them or just sprout them and include them in your diet to get this vitamin.
Cocoa is rich in taste contains no sugar and is great for skin dutch or alkalized fights acne by fighting against acids that leads to breakouts and inflammation. It also enhances the blood flow in skin which makes more radiant and youthful.