Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Chengappa M MYour feedback matters!
I have sexual problem, got ejaculation in 15 second. When I was 9 year get hit by stick. Now I am 35 year old..
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
How to increase my penis size and length without medicine is it possible r not if it is possible then tell me the process.
Will pimples come if we do masturbation? I am so irritated with this problem such that I could not masturbate with satisfaction.
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Sir I am 51 yes old and I am suffering from neuralgia since 2.5 yes Till now I have not taken any medicine I feel pain between my left nose and lip It occurs 2 to 5 times a day and the frequency is 3 sec to 10 sec It dose not occur every day but 10 to 15 day than it slow down 10 day approximately Now I am taking Mazetol 200mg once a day since 10 days and it is like a miracle my pain is in control 85% So my question is am I going right? And is the dose OK? And how long I should take it Sir I am a diabetic patient and I take 5 mg glibenclamide once a day after meal my sugar count is 160 to 170 before and 230 to 240 after my at is 79 kg I request to give me proper guidance Thanks in advance.
Sir I am 18 now and at the age of 8 I met with an small accident and I got stitches on right side of my nose, so sir can it be cured by mederma or any other cream or any treatment, If yes then how much time it will take?
Antioxidant substances in plants help maintain health and repair cellular damage. They protect other compounds from oxidation by being oxidized themselves. Antioxidants act as preservatives that prevent the fats in foods from becoming rancid and prevent other damage to food caused by oxygen, according to Eleanor Whitney and Sharon Rolfes in “Understanding Nutrition.”
In the body, smoking, sunlight and pollution increase oxidation, according to Kansas State University researchers. Antioxidants protect against the free radical molecules that are produced by the breakdown of food in the body and by environmental exposure to tobacco smoke or radiation.
Fruits and Vegetables
The level of antioxidant capacity in foods measured in ORACs, Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, allows comparison of antioxidants in various fruits and vegetables. According to testing of fruits and vegetables at Kansas State University, prunes had the highest level of antioxidants at 57,701 ORACs. The next highest were raisins at 2,830, blueberries at 2,400 and blackberries at 2,036.
Next in descending order of ORACs came garlic at 1,940, Kale at 1,770, strawberries at 1,540, spinach at 1,260 and raspberries at 1,220. Fruits and vegetables with between 1,000 and 500 ORACS were Brussels sprouts, plums, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli flowers, beets, oranges, red grapes, red bell pepper, cherries, kiwi fruit and pink grapefruit. Fruits and vegetables with increasingly smaller antioxidant capacity included white grapes, onions, yellow corn, eggplant, cauliflower, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, leaf lettuce, string beans, carrots, yellow squash, iceberg lettuce, celery and cucumbers.
Green and black teas tested by Kansas State University had a much higher antioxidant capacity than the vegetables tested. Of the fruit juices tested, grape juice had the highest antioxidant level, followed by grapefruit, tomato, orange and apple juice, in that order.
Many fruits and some vegetables contain high levels of carotenoids, vitamins, phenols, flavonoids and glutathionine. These antioxidants, according to the USDA Agricultural Research Service, can act as free radical scavengers, decompose peroxide, quench singlet and triplet oxygen as well as inhibit some enzymes. By decreasing the high levels of free radicals generated by metabolism, antioxidants decrease oxidative stress and prevent biochemical and physiological injury that can lead to functional impairment or cell death.
Various free antioxidants have been associated with lower cancer and heart disease mortality rates, according to the USDA Agricultural Research Service. Kansas State University research suggests that eating plenty of foods high in antioxidants helps slow the processes associated with aging and protect against many chronic diseases.
Most people would benefit by eating more fruits and vegetables. Eating generous amounts of fruits and veggies helps the body fight disease, according to Whitney and Rolfes.” Adults should choose 2½ cups fruit and 2 to 3 cups vegetables each day from among colorful plant groups that are high in antioxidants.
After I had sex for the first time on 28 March my most fertile days. My stomach is getting bigger it seems like a pregnant one completely swelled and rounded but my urine test showed negative .in may I have done beta hcg also it shows negative. Then now in July I had two ultrasounds with a gap of week they were also negative. My periods come every month but they last for 1 and a half day only whereas before intercourse I always had periods for 4-5 days .my stomach is too bulging which makes me worry and I always feel pulse in it. Please suggest me some medicine to regulate my periods I had taken one bottle of himalaya evecare but no effect was seen .is m pregnant or a hormonal imbalance please help me I don't want to be pregnant. Suggest me medicine. Earlier I was having flat stomach.
I am not getting any feelings while having sex and my penis is not even standing at the time of sex .and my sperm is leaking very early what to do.
I have swelling in tonsils since 3 days and tried some medicine but no improvement. Please suggest me some way or some medicine to get it off. It pains also. Not able to eat or drink water.
It's the day after my asthma attack and my chest still hurts and I'm about to cry help me please I'm scared.
I am suffering from dry cough. I have pain in my chest whenever I use to cough. Can you tell me what should I have to do to reduce my cough?
I have PCOD since 4 years, and I have never taken any medications regarding this. But I get continuous bleeding since past 4 months and I have consulted 4 doctors concerning this, and they say it's due to hormonal imbalance, and I have been into Primolut-N since then. I have to take it continuously for being in normal condition or else my bleeding starts again. There is no permanent solution for this problem? Please doc help me!
Four years before Street dog bite me, Doctor suggest me to take two injections, but I took one only, I s there any risk of rabis.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions