Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
1.Give up smoking
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease. A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
You're more likely to stop smoking for good if you use NHS stop smoking services.
Getting – and staying – active can reduce your risk of developing heart disease. It can also be a great mood booster and stress buster.
Do moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week. One way to achieve this target is by doing 30 minutes of activity on five days a week. Fit it in where you can, such as by cycling to work.
3.Manage your weight
Being overweight can increase your risk of heart disease. Stick to a healthy, balanced diet low in fat and sugar, with plenty of fruit and vegetables, combined with regular physical activity.
Find out if you are a healthy weight with the BMI calculator. If you're overweight, try our 12-week weight loss plan.
4.Eat more fibre
Eat plenty of fibre to help lower your risk of heart disease – aim for at least 30g a day. Eat fibre from a variety of sources, such as wholemeal bread, bran, oats and wholegrain cereals, potatoes with their skins on, and plenty of fruit and veg.
Cut down on saturated fat
Eating too many foods that are high in saturated fat can raise the level of cholesterol in your blood. This increases your risk of heart disease. Choose leaner cuts of meat and lower-fat dairy products like 1% fat milk over full-fat (or whole) milk.
Read the facts about fat.
Get your 5 A DAY
Eat at least five portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables a day. They're a good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. There are lots of tasty ways to get your 5 A DAY, like adding chopped fruit to cereal or including vegetables in your pasta sauces and curries. Get more 5 A DAY fruit and veg tips.
5.Cut down on salt
To maintain healthy blood pressure, avoid using salt at the table and try adding less to your cooking. Once you get used to the taste of food without added salt, you can cut it out completely.
Watch out for high salt levels in ready-made foods. Most of the salt we eat is already in the foods we buy. Check the food labels – a food is high in salt if it has more than 1.5g salt (or 0.6g sodium) per 100g. Adults should eat less than 6g of salt a day in total – that's about one teaspoon.
Eat fish at least twice a week, including a portion of oily fish. Fish such as mackerel, sardines, fresh tuna and salmon are a source of omega-3 fats, which can help protect against heart disease.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women shouldn't have more than two portions of oily fish a week.
7.Drink less alcohol
Don't forget alcohol contains calories. Regularly drinking more than the NHS recommends can have a noticeable impact on your waistline. Try to keep to the recommended daily alcohol limits to reduce the risk of serious problems with your health, including risks to your heart health.
8.Read the food label
When shopping, it's a good idea to look at the label on food and drink packaging to see how many calories and how much fat, salt and sugar the product contains. Understanding what is in food and how it fits in with the rest of your diet will help you make healthier choices.
Symptoms of zika virus infection
- Low-grade fever (between 37.8°c and 38.5°c)
- Arthralgia, notably of small joints of hands and feet, with possible swollen joints.
- Headache, retro-ocular headaches.
- Cutaneous maculopapular rash.
- Post-infection asthenia which seems to be frequent.
प्र. वमन क्या है?
उ. शरीर में इकट्ठे हुए दोषों को पहले स्नेहन और स्वेदन से कोष्ठ में लाकर, उल्टी के द्वारा बाहर निकालने की प्रक्रिया को वमन कहते हैं.
प्र. वमन के क्या फायदे हैं?
उ. वमन करने से शरीर में जमा हुआ कफ निकलने से एलर्जी, अस्थमा, नज़ला-जुकाम, पुरानी खाँसी, माइग्रेन, एसिडिटी, भूख ना लगना, थायरॉइड, भारीपन, डाइयबिटीस, कोलेस्टरॉल, त्वचा के रोग, गठिया, डिप्रेशन, सुस्ती जैसी बीमारियों में बहुत लाभ मिलता है. यदि किसी को यह रोग नही है, तो कफ निकल जाने से, इन रोगों की होने की संभावना भी नही रहती.
प्र. वमन कब करवाना चाहिए?
उ. रोग की अवस्था के अनुसार तो वमन कभी भी करवाया जा सकता है. लेकिन स्वास्थ्य की दृष्टि से वसंत ऋतु में वमन करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है. वसंत ऋतु में प्राकृतिक रूप से कफ बढ़ता है. ऐसे में यदि पहले की कफ का शोधन कर लिया जाए, तो रोग नही होते.
प्र. क्या वमन केवल रोगी के लिए ही है?
उ. नही, ऐसा बिल्कुल नही है. यदि स्वस्थ व्यक्ति वमन करवाता है, तो उसे कफ जनित रोग नही होते. इसलिए रोगी से भी ज़्यादा स्वस्थ व्यक्ति को इसकी ज़रूरत है.
Hi doc, now a days I am too much worried about smthng very personal issue of mine. Actually my vaginal canal space is so small that there is only minute space for entering one finger only .i feel deep pain when I myself try to penetrate with two finger. My partner can not be able to penetrate in me. Is it normal in the females of my age group? Plzz suggest me what shud I do? My mens flow is regular n yes I feel lil bit intense pain for 1 to 2 days during flow.
Hi, I am 33 year male, My stool has turned very thin from last couple of months and appetite is also decreased. Also the stomach upset frequency is increased. Please advise. Can STD cause such reaction ?
If we do sex with 6 to 7 girls who doesn't have hiv aids without using condom than is it possible for having aids to boy or girl or both?
I was born a baby in Feb 2015 and my period is starting from this month but not regularly why is it a problem?
I am not feeling nausea from yest. I am pregnant for 5 weeks 3 days. I had my first miscarriage 4 months back. Now I am pregnant again. Dr. has suggested me to have naturogest Sr 400. I am having it from 3 days. Is everything fine please suggest.
I had used sex toys during sex and condoms also. But after having sex within 2 days my vagina is suffering from inflammation and burning. So please tell wat is dis and give proper medicine.
I was 5 week pregnant as on 8 sep 2016 (I had calculated based on my last period date 3rd aug 2016 and no period had taken place on 3rd sep 2016 ), I have taken MTP kit having 5 tab one mifepristone and 4 nos. 200 mg Misoprostol by diluting in water ,In diluted mifepristone I had a pain and after taking diluted Misoprostol (2 Tab) I started bleeding, then also I took 2 more diluted Misoprostol, My bleeding continued till 8-9 days (Stating heavily and gradually lighter) After that I did not went for ultrasound or pregnancy test KIT or any test as it was not possible for me as each & everyone knows my family in surrounding. After 2 week I was in doubt (because I use to feel nausea some times and back pain) that whether my pregnancy is still ON or has been stopped, to make it 100 % sure after two week (7th Week) again I took 2 Misportal only diluted in water ,Now I am feeling that my belly has come out for 0.5 inch approx. And again I am worried that the diluted medicine I had taken, worked or not. My Query is that Can I repeat the course of MTP Kit (5 Tab) once again in same process (By Diluting in water), If my pregnancy is ON then now It is 8.5 week as if now. Pls reply urgently as delay in response may lead to difficulty in taking decision.
I am ovary cancer patient but I have completed the surgery and chemotherapy and now I am ok.in surgery my uterus and both the ovaries are removed. Now I want to loss my weight so that I had join gym and after 1st month of doing exercises I loss 5 kg but after completing the 2nd month it increase 7 kg. And now its continuously increasing. please help me that what should I do to loss my weight?
Hello Doctor please I have never conceived before I married newly. And is 3 months now I have lived with my husband. He likes sex so like sometimes we have sex everyday in a week or sometimes 3 times in a week and my ovulation finished on 16th of October so is remaining 10 days for my monthly period to start and I had sex with him yesterday please can I conceive. Since 14th of October have been feeling dizzy. Thank you.
I am 31 years old, 25th week of pregnancy. Is it normal to have heart rate of 120 - 140 in resting. BP is normal. Having gestational diabetes but sugar levels are under control.
Hello sir my name is umar I got married 1 year ago but my wife had problem regarding irregular with PCOD.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies.