Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Charu Sharma
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Charu SharmaYour feedback matters!
Find Out the Type of Alopecia the Bald Patches Might Be Indicating
Alopecia Areata is the most prominent kind of alopecia that causes hair fall. It happens if your immune system attacks the hair follicles, resulting in excessive shedding and even bald patches. Generally, people below 20 are most affected by this condition but it may occur to any individual irrespective of age and gender. The hair loss is reversible on its own and treatments are also available. Below is a list of different types of Alopecia Areata that have been diagnosed in people.
- Alopecia Universalis (AU) - This kind of alopecia leads to complete hair loss from the body, including eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Alopecia Totalis (AT) - Alopecia Tolalis causes shedding of hair from the scalp making one bald.
- Alopecia Barbae - When Alopecia Areata occurs at the beard area making patches or wiping the entire area smooth, it is called Alopecia Barbae.
- Scarring Alopecias (Cicatricial Alopecias) - This is the rarest form of Alopecia where one loses hair permanently.
- Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) - Also called male or female pattern baldness, this type of alopecia causes excessive thinning of hair to the point that the scalp is almost visible. This is a progressive kind of hair loss that is most common in people with hereditary alopecia.
- Traction Alopecia - This type of alopecia results from excessive pulling on the hair, which causes tension in the hair follicles. Primarily seen in women because of certain kind of hairstyles, it can lead to damage of hair shafts preventing re-growth of hair.
- Telogen Effluvium - If more than normal amount of hair falls out then, it is called Telogen Effluvium. It is usually innocuous and the hair returns to its former glory after the phase has passed.
- Anagen Effluvium - This type of hair loss is caused due to chemicals used to treat cancer. After the completion of the treatment, hair usually grows back to its normal state.
Related Tip: Top Causes of Hair Loss and Hair Thinning in Women?
I was fair but roaming in sun my colour become black but my body colour is because it doesn't expose to sun how get my colour back help me out.
I fell from my bike on my palm and had light bruises. Its been a month and there is still a small lump. Its really painful while doing exercises like push ups.
Hai this is chandu. My hair is fully dry haur and so hard. I want silky and smoothly suggest any shampoo or any starting treatments plzz suggest me doctor.
I am getting so many pimples on my face. I am 19 years old. My cheeks are also going inside. How to remove my pimples and how to increase my cheeks. Please help me. Thank you.
My 13 years old daughter has been diagnosed with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome which is making her skin extremely dry and dull even after applying too much of cream. Her hair is also dry and lifeless. Please suggest something for her hair and skin especially face?
From childhood onwards my hair was so light and am afraid of losing hair early. Can you please suggest me how can I get thick hair.
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of the peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe and effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With the advent of the wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.