Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Channamalla Swamy RYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My penis size is 3 inches. I am really worried. Should I go for Degnyt-60 as I have read many customer reviews? If not, kindly suggest Please answer.
I have to sit in the toilet for half an hour to defecate completely and I also had to go for two - three times for that. Also, I have cough (khasi) from two to three months, I go to the doctor in aiims but my cough is not cured as yet.
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should be borne in mind that every drug is used for one of its particular property which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED)? Viagra thus became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels. Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life.
1. Antihypertensives - Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
2. Antidepressants - With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed anti-depressants, especially the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a work-around for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
3. Proscar - Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
4. Antihistamines - Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
5. Anti-seizure drugs - Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
6. Opioids - For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and OxyContin are used but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi I am suffering from heavy headache and give me some advice from this problem and if you can give me the best medicine for this problem please Thanking you.
My daughter premature born now 4 months completed and weight now 3.7 kg and she s suffering from loose motion for 15 days .dr given enterogermina course for 3 days Stool pass reduced from 15 to 10 times per day. She s comfortable and urinate properly. Bit weight not gaining for last 1 month.
I am 40 years old, my sugar leval on boundary line. My stomech fat also increase last few months, my weight: 82 kg & height: 5 feet 4 inch but last few months I have less erection. Please guide me what to do. Any treatment required?
I am a 35 years male. My penis size is not satisfactory. I think my partner is not satisfy with the size of my penis, and my ejaculation time is also very short. Is there any solution to bigger my penis and longer my ejaculation? Kindly suggest. Thanking you.
Hai madam /sir I have foreskin problem. Is that very tight and didn't remove easily. Is there any option to solve my problems.
I am 60 years old. Since 15 days I am feeling bitter test in my mouth. I also feel soar throat frequently. Whenever I cough even for few seconds, my mouth get bitter test.
I am 18 year old and my penis are down on left side I want it straight. So what I should I do please help me.
Small cuts can be easily treated at your home if the chances of getting infected are low or the injury isn’t severe. You can clean and apply bandage to a small injury at your home without the need of visiting a doctor. First aid treatment is always recommended at home in all cases to prevent deterioration of a wound before you can visit a proper medical facility. Here are some of the most widely followed procedures to treat cuts and small wounds at home-
The first step in treating the cut is to stop the bleeding by applying direct pressure on the wound. You may also find many non prescription products available which you can use to stop the flow of blood. If you feel that the situation is getting worse or out of control, then get to a doctor or a medical facility as soon as possible.
The second step in treating a wound is to clean the wound to avoid any possible chances of contracting infections and to remove dirt left in the wound. You can also use tweezers to remove any pieces of external material stuck in the wound. Wash the wound with cool water to avoid dirt being leftover which can cause infections.
Avoid the use of hydrogen peroxide, mercurochrome and rubbing alcohol which can cause a lot of harm to your tissues and also increase the amount of time taken to heal. The chemicals may actually damage tissue more than promote healing or disinfect the area. Instead, keep doctor recommended products which are known to heal scar bruises and small cuts.
Stitches and staples will be required if your doctor decides to close the wound externally. Your doctor will give you instructions to follow and also inform you about the time it would take for the wound to heal. The next procedure would be to remove the stitch after the wound has settled and would again require you to visit your nearby health care provider.
You should always follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid any further injury to your affected part. Even if the injury is serious it is important that first aid is administered properly until you can reach medical help.