Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrashekharYour feedback matters!
Sir my mother's left hand near shoulder is feeling pain while sleeping in night sometime feels that it is lightly swelled and she is unable to move her hand back ward as right hand In day time it does not pain but in night it pains whats the cause and remedy please help.
Hi, I am 23, as there is pain my neck, I have under gone MRI and they said it is spondylitis, they have preferred me lyrics 75 mg, and prothiaden 25 mg, I have dizziness when I stand for long time and numbness for hands. And the doctor suggested me some isometric exercises, please help me whether the symptoms are permanent, is there is any treatment for permanent cure. I have consulted neuro physician.
Sir I usually follow a very poor diet which includes eating a lot of fatty foods less exercise and more of playing video games eye. I'm 20 yes old my weight 10e. Got a pain in back and then suddenly after a few days pain in costal area. Then after a few days the chest pain subsided but my back pain is still there. I eat a lot of magic or sodium rich foods. Got my blood test showed high cholesterol and I thought it may be kidney stone. So had an ultrasound done which shows my kidneys are fine and no stone. My lower back pain. It radiates to up side sometime. If I think less it didn't feel but the more I think the more it comes and irritated me. The pain in my chest area was hard and took few days to go. I usually have a bad seating posture and I'm had an abdomen ultrasound which showed my kidneys were fine but I'm still scared. I have stopped the junk food from outside and eat only good made in hostel which is usually spicy. I used to eat a lot of butter and the oil they use is refined oil. I also ate to Mitch fatty stuff prior to this incident what should I do further.
Sir, I have distal radius fracture before 4 month ago. Now sir my hand is in good condition than, can I start lifting weight and if yes then how much weight can I lift?
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tears or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects or doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement.
These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, the problem doesn’t subside, visit an experienced doctor for his advice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Meri mother ka thora saa kaam krne prr aur bethe rahne se kamar dard bahut hota hai .aur height 5 .weight 76 kg .aur diet 5 roti n sabji per day .and 2-3 cup tea per day .to isse kam krne ka koi upay ho to btaye.
Hi, My bladder (balls) getting bulge with extra growth in it and it pains sometimes. Can I no what's this and what to?
From Sunday I am suffering from acute lower back pain due to which I am not able to move from bed. The pain started after I pushed a load and still it pains when I get up.
My body joint is paining and body joint is not working properly. My body is feeling looseness and weakness. Can you help me and get a best solutions.
Hello sir, I'm pradeep and age is 24 last 2months I had back pain it is so heavy. Can you tell me what to do with it.
I'm female, Case of rheumatic arthritis. Suffering for the last 5 years. Taking medication as and when paining. My ESR always shows 50. Is it harmful or can be ignored. Pl. Suggest remedies.
I am suffering from a knee pain please help me and gave me tips to get rid from it and I have a back pain problem after knee pain. So please provide me tips how could I maintain it without too much use of medicine?
I am suffering from right hand pain for last 3 years I had attempted so many clinics but it was not cured so please give me your suggestion.
Hi Doc, I had my ACL reconstruction on july 2014 still I fell stiffness on back of my knee, I sometime limping a lot when sit on floor for long time and I think a lot of it is because my knee does’t straighten out all the way and it hurts a lot when I try to straighten out. Also I would like to do jogging can I able do to job or is there anything I need to do. Do recommend me what to be done.
I am 48 years old. Having stomach problem. Even after doing various tests nothing is found to be wrong with my stomach. Always feeling giddy, headache, pain in the back of neck. There is burning sensation at the time of going to the toilet till several minutes after evacuating bowel. Stool is smelly. Plenty of gas. Now I am taking omeprazole tab and diovol. Did' nt help much.
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.