Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekhar MYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from prostatitis infection. I take 3 months of ofloxion 400 mg. 1 month levofloxion. 2 months of doxycycline. 1 month of clotrimazole. And 3 months of linezolid 500 mg. suddenly one night me legs is dead. Next day I go to doctor but he not know what happen to me.
My five years old daughter has cancer. How we prevent it. I heard that the person affected by cancer cannot live more than three or four months. Is it true or not?
Is it possible that my friend is suffering from epithelial malignancy will be cured when chemo is going on after radiation.
I feel some pain when i press my brest and when i sleep in turn way that is breast gets pushed to the pain i fell some pain nd i feel the upper part of the breast a bit hard on both the sides ,under the breast its soft again i am worried this please suggest me some thing
My wife is having 2.9x2.1x1.8cm mass lesion in left breast of birads category 5. Advised biopsy by the report. What should be the best treatment available in india. I am very much worried. An early detailed reply will be appreciated.
My father was a cancer patient. After operation his mouth was unable to open. What can I do at home so his mouth will open?
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that does adrenal gland cancer also reduces testicle size?
My mother, aged 51, was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis about 4 yrs back. Since then, she has been on and off various allopathic treatments (CorticoSteroids). She has also tried homeopathic and Ayurvedic Treatments, but to no major relief. Is there really no foolproof treatment for Sarcoidosis?
Hi, I am in age of 27 and I have side pain in only lump of my breast when I am pressing it .Is it normal or should I consult it with doctor.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.
The study analyzed data from 77,525 women in the Nurses’ Health Study and from 49,403 men in the Health Professionals Follow–up Study. The risk was related to the duration of use of the painkillers. There was a decrease in the risk by 19% if the painkiller was used for less than four years. There was a 36 per cent increase in risk of kidney cancer for people who used them regularly for 4 to 10 years. The risk increased almost three times for those who used these drugs regularly for 10 years or more.
The good news is that kidney cancer is uncommon so the risk is small for average users.
Two other important causes of kidney cancer are obesity and smoking. So people on painkillers should not smoke and should also keep their weight under control to prevent kidney cancer.