Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrashekharYour feedback matters!
I am having stomach acidity after eating oily food like samosa what should I do .I m really fond of oily food ad I cnt live without thm.
I have had indigestion, mild constipation, burning sensation (periodically) and bloated stomach, accompanied by belching since last week. Do I need to seek assistance or look for home based remedies?
Abdominal pain upperFemale, 29Hi I m jai My wife roopa having upper abdominal pain she delivered baby last month now suffering from pain went to gastro he performed blood and ultrasound test esr value came 28mm and mild heptalogy he said nothing serious just take udiliv 300 mg and meftal for 15 days Is this serious or just infection why pain is occurring in pregnancy gynecologist said it's normal Now this is the third time in four months she had pain upper abdomen what's the can we go for further tests or I m unneccecerley worried please advise.
Sir I am a 27 year old person. For past a week I have been suffering with heart burn. At that time I go for gelusiline tablets. But no use of it. What is the problem behind it.
I am suffering with Gastric ulcer from past one year few months onwards I am suffering with high pulse rate and weakness, tension, fear I wen to doctor done thyroid test TSH is 8.24 and T4 is 1.54 is this any dangerous to my health can you suggest me the solution for my high pulse rate and hyper tension.
I was diagnosed for Fatty liver before 3 years. I do not know what is the condition now. I have reduced my weight from 92 to 85 Kg. I am 65 years old. My blood pressure levels and blood sugar levels are normal. I feel slight discomfort at right last rib. What test to do? What medicines suggested? Any dos and don'ts to follow?
Age: 28/M I am having Fatty Liver. Can it be cured? Can liver regains its original condition? What will be the correct diet to control it? And, which food causes this disease?
I am 26 years old male having digestion problem stool is not solid and skin problem at the back having pimples.
My daughter is 3 and half years old and while running and sometime in night complaints pain in the abdomen. Shown to few doctors earlier, who diagnosed it with worms however, it work for some days and again after 15-20 days daughter says Pain. Keep on happening from last 3 months now. Pain comes for 2-4 mins and then goes off. What should I do?
Feeling pain in anus and difficulty in passing stools associated with constipation and gastric problem
I am 41 years, I am having problem related to digestion, whole day there is acidity & gas problem eventhough I take max 3 chapatis or one katori of rice/dal/veg. I walk min of 5 to 7 km for at least 5 days a week. Everything was found OK in sonography/other blood test such as thyroid/liver profile/test related to kidney etc. What could be the problem for this acute gas/acidity because of which even sometimes I can't sleep properly as due to acute gas problem there is a pain in stomach & upper reason of stomach.
My question is regarding my digesting system from last some days food inside my stomach is not been digestives so it is causing me gas many time.
I am 18 year old male skinnywas excersing and having large diets nd was gaining some muscle but recently my stomach is not well some times it bloats sometimes constipation, loose stool loss in weight feeling fatigue sometimes pain I have consulted many doctors and done many tests but in each report it says I am completely fine its been almost 8 months now please help.
My mother is 43years old she is suffering from gas problem whenever she eat rice she started vomiting. Please tell me how to get rid of this problem.
I had jaundice 2 year back but till now I feel that my lever is not recovered. I have problem with digestion. In earlier ultrasound reports results are good. What should I do?
I went for military camp and severe physical hard work for past 5 days without eating food only on biscuits now I am feeling weakness all the time And my stomach is always like filled although I had constipation there So please tell me some remedy for curing weakness and a healthy stomach.
I have stomach pain from last 4 days. Is this due to gas problem or may be stone inside the stomach.
Sir mujhe piles. Aur main haemopathy treatment le RHA hun. Aur mujhe train journey k time laterine sahi se nahi hota. Jiskhe kaaran. Aghel dina blood aa jata hai. Hai. Main abhi fer se train journey kar raha hoon . Mujhe subah laterine ke time blood aaya and adatd v hua. Main Punjab se Paraná train travel kar raha hoon in. Sleeper main. Aur temp dono jagah alag hai. Yaha warm temp hai. Patna is warm than Punjab now. Should I stay there or back to Punjab. Becuaee temp here is 40+
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.