Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekara AithalYour feedback matters!
Sir, I would like to know if I can get rid of sunburns. My face and arms are darker than my other body parts.
I have a hairfall problem and it's very severe because the hairfall right from the scalp and there is much dandruff, what should I do?
I am suffered from vitiligo (phoolbheri) from many years. Give me its permanent solution in homeopathic.
My skin tone is dark on face compared to arms and its sensitive to any cosmetics. Can you prescribe any natural skin lightening products.
I am 24 yrs old male. Whenever I walk my thighs rub each other and becomes red and itchy. please suggest want to get rid of the rashes?
Sir please meri age 18 ho gai hain par mujhe daadi or mucch bilkul bhi nahi hain meri help kijiye sir.
I am suffering from hyper pigmentation on my face and neck I have been using la shield spf 40 for the past one year I think its making me darker kindly suggest a good spf my skin is very oily I stay in Jaipur which place ud very sunny.
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors: Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications: Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.