Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekara AithalYour feedback matters!
I am having a white colour spot size like a one rupee coin at the back side of my ear since 3 months. Its not increasing nor decreasing in size. please tell me the right treatment.
Lybrate | Dr Himabindu speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Which treatments should you consider to beat hair loss effectively?
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
3. Stem cell therapy
This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
4. Hair Transplant
In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3 to 4 inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I want to ask for two problems where first is that I have very small small pimples on my forehead what to do. First ans wer this will ask second later.
I am 23 years old and have a skin itching and skin reddish problem in whole body suffering last 2.5 year. Please suggest me what should I do?
The skin is the most visible part of the human body, and acne is one of the most common skin problems. In addition to being a cosmetic issue, it also dampens a person’s image and confidence levels. The issue is more complicated given the age group it affects – teenagers and young adolescents who are always keen on looking their best.
During the pustular stage, there is a lot of itching, burning, and pain. As they dry and fall off, there are marks which sometimes take forever to disappear. Recent cosmetic advancements have successfully used the laser to get rid of these marks, almost completely.
Laser in Acne:
- Laser works in controlling acne in more than one way.
- During laser treatment session, a beam of light is applied on the acne-affected area. This helps in removing the acne scar without damaging the surrounding tissue. The beam of light is highly focused on only the scar tissue.
- The increased number of cells which are left behind after acne are killed by the laser beam, thereby lightening the skin and reducing the scars.
- The bacteria that are present in the acne are killed when a beam of the laser is applied. This reduces the number of bacteria present in it, thereby reducing the severity of acne.
- The laser beam also reduces excessive sebum production, thereby reducing the incidence of acne. Excessive sebum is directly related to the severity of acne.
- Laser is used in all kinds of acne – papules, pustules, whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and nodules.
- While the exact treatment plan will be determined based on skin type and intensity of the scars, most treatment plans would include about 3 sessions.
What to expect:
- Set realistic expectations and understand possible risks and complications. A detailed discussion of going for laser session is essential with the doctor. Clarify if you are a good candidate for laser.
- Sunbathing, waxing, collagen injections are to be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Chemicals like deodorants and perfumes are to be avoided in the proposed area of laser
- Tell your doctor about any medications or supplements that you are on. While some may be stopped, others may need dose adjustments.
- Immediately after the laser session, the skin would appear red for about 4 to 8 hours.
- The skin might feel itchy and prickly and even be swollen mildly
- Apply cool packs or moist cloths to reduce this itching
- Use copious amounts of moisturiser at least twice daily
- Avoid makeup until the redness and itching have subsided.