Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekar NYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering with migraine, ibs since 10 years gb removed 2 years back. Having anxiety tension depression used lot etizolam, escloparam,fuluxetein, dipolarex,amitriptyline, clonazepam etc now my doctor prescribed tryptomer 25 mg to 10 mg lonazep 0.25.my migraine ibs was better now. Using librax, pantocid l as well. But my anxiety was too high can't control help me with any suggestion pls.
IBS or the Irritable bowel syndrome is an indication based diagnosis described by incessant stomach torment, distress, bloating and changes of bowel propensities. The essential side effects of IBS are stomach torment or distress in relationship with continuous the runs or blockage and an adjustment in bowel propensities. There may likewise be earnestness for bowel movements, a sentiment inadequate clearing (tenesmus), bloating or abdominal distension. Now and again, the indications are assuaged by bowel movements.
Individuals with IBS, more ordinarily than others, have gastroesophageal reflux, side effects identifying with the genitourinary framework, ceaseless weakness syndrome, fibromyalgia, headache, spinal pain and psychiatric side effects, for example, sadness and anxiety. About 33% of men and women who have IBS likewise report sexual brokenness commonly as a decrease in libido. Some studies show that up to 60% of people with IBS additionally have a mental issue, regularly uneasiness or misery.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
1. Fiber: Some evidence proposes that dissolvable fiber supplementation (e.g., psyllium / ispaghula husk) is compelling in the general IBS populace. It goes about as a building operator.
2. Medication: Solutions may comprise of stool conditioners and intestinal medicines in blockage prevalent IBS and antidiarrheals in the runs transcendent IBS for mellow side effects and more grounded sedatives, for example, morphine and oxycodone for extreme cases.
3. Antispasmodics: The utilization of antispasmodic medications may help patients, particularly those with issues or the runs.
4. Stopping the use of Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors which are utilized to stifle stomach corrosive creation may bring about bacterial abundance prompting to IBS indications. Cessation of proton pump inhibitors in chose people has been recommended as it might prompt to an improvement or determination of IBS indications.
5. Different Agents: Magnesium aluminum silicates and alverine citrate medications can be compelling for bad tempered bowel syndrome.
This is the antitoxin treatment for little intestinal bacterial abundance. Diminishing anxiety may lessen the recurrence and seriousness of IBS side effects. Procedures that might be useful include:
1. Relaxation procedures, for example, contemplation
2. Physical exercises, for example, yoga or kendo
3. Regular practice, for example, swimming, strolling or running.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir/mam is there any treatment for gallstone without removing gallbladder. Gallstone max size is 4.5 mm and 4 in numbers.
I m suffering from feeble pain in left side of my abdomen (flank). It hurts when that particular area is pressed by hands. What can be the causes?
I am 26 year old , female. I am suffering from anal fissure and its very painful. I have take acetaphenomyn as pain kill. Still i'm facing this from last one week . Please suggest. After stool comes out .i m feeling lot of pain and some cracks are also there in anus from where I am observing blood. Please help me on this.
A liver transplant surgery involves surgically substituting a problematic liver with a healthy liver from a different person. Usually, the healthy liver is taken from a person who has recently passed away. In some cases, a living person may also give away part of the liver. Usually, living donors are members of the family or someone who has a good blood type match. The liver regenerates lost tissues after a surgery; hence, the donor’s liver becomes normal within a few weeks of surgery.
You may require a liver transplant if your liver does not function optimally, owing to the below mentioned conditions:
- Cirrhosis: This is a chronic disease of the liver wherein, scar tissues replace healthy tissues in the liver, thus, not allowing the liver to function optimally.
- Metabolic disease: Disorders that modify the activity of the chemicals in the body
- Acute hepatic necrosis: This is a disorder that causes the healthy tissues in the liver to die
- Autoimmune disorders or liver cancer: Autoimmune disorders can cause healthy tissues in the liver to die as the immune system in the body starts attacking healthy tissues. Formation of malignant tumors in the liver can impair liver functioning.
You have to undergo certain procedures before the surgery is conducted; a general health exam, imaging tests, blood tests and a psychological exam are conducted before the surgery. Based on the functioning of the liver and some other factors, your suitability for the transplant will be determined.
The procedure begins with general anesthesia, following which an incision is made in the abdomen. The liver is then removed and replaced with a healthy one. Once the procedure is completed, the surgeon closes the incision with stitches.
Once the procedure is done with, you are kept in the intensive care unit for a few days. The doctor will monitor your progress and put you on medications. After the recovery, you will have to undergo check-ups at regular intervals. You may also have to take medications such as immunosuppressant to prevent your immune system from attacking the liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am male 28 years old. I am having a gastric issue. I consulted many doctors and followed the different techniques. But the issue is still alive. Some Told me have gas in my intestine.
During my regular health check up. I notice I have a fatty liver but never the physician or anyone has made a note of it nor asked me to take any prescription. If fatty liver normal or what should I do.
Hello doc, I am 51 and suffering from constant stomach pain even without loose motions or constipation. When I eat heavy or spicy food, I pass blood while passing stool (but not mixed with stool) I was told this is due to ibs and treated. But the problem became chronic.
Gained alot of weight on the past one year. It was 57 before and now it's 70+. Getting problem because of it in that acidity problems looking dull with the gained weight. So is there any tips to loose weight? Easily and a better diet to stay healthy?
I am having the problem of gas trouble I am aged 70 I do physical work also in the spare time not less than 3 hours per day and drink water whenever thirsty will you suggest some medicine.
I have gas acidity 2/3 din se sir dard bhhut rahta hai aur kabjiyat bhi rahati hay. Please bateye ye kaise theek hoga?
A few months ago, I developed a mild pain in the upper left abdomen right below the ribs. It would come and go or sometimes stay persistent. After a couple of months, the pain started radiating to the back. I do not seem to have any other symptoms. I do not know the cause of this pain.
I have problem of stomach. Every time I eat something I feel like to go to the bathroom and I have mouth ulcer problem and I go 3 or more time for bathroom every day.
Hello sir I have very loose liver system. If I eat food some late than that not digest properly and acid makes. And because of acid it cause to my brain nerves very much it feels that nerves are broken. Please tell me for increasing digestive system forever.
When I remove my waste the blood comes from anus point what should I do I am scared of this disease. I am not able to tell this problem to my parents. Moreover from anus point I am also having pain to remove my waste. If I remove the waste fastly then blood comes out in rapid motion. Tell me any medicine for that or any other procedure.
Hi, I have a problem of gastric what to do my tummy swell when i'm not having breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm taking a medicine Rentac for gas. Before eating once in a day.
Dear Sir, When I am going to toilet, blood is coming with stool as well as after stool like drops and I feel that there in some part has cutted and I am feeling like burning there. So what to do for that.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.