Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrashekar N
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekar NYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from indigestion problem and I taken consult from gastrologiest they done my endoscopy and found h pilory infection. Now I took ayurvedic medicine and the doctor start my diet from only pulses and rice for seven days it is useful for me? And they give me 1 And 0.5 month course for treatment of digestive. Can pulses and rice are easily digestive? Pls give me suggest.
The question is for my mother, she is 61 years old. She is a diabetic patient and also suffering from fatty liver. She regularly take medicine but the sgpt is not in normal range. It is to high. What is the reason that sgpt and sgot is high. Is there any serious liver problem. Kindly suggest what to do.
Hi Doctor, my stool are soft or very soft but I am not able to clear my bowel from past 3-4 days, also having little tenderness in Lowest Abdomen. Lil spray of blood red was also there. Was suffering from intestinal problem from past few days. Please help.
I am 31 yr old lady (, software professional) with 4.5 yrs old baby. Normal delivery. After delivery, by 7th month, frequent urinary infection started. Uti is a frequent story and had lot of noflox 400 for this. Every time had this for 5 days 3 times. Next month again like that. After delivery I have started feeling week in regular intervals in a day. Took lot of tonics alopathy and homoeopathy under doctors supervision. Homoeo medicines have me solution for 6 months. Then that will not work then tonic chnaged at last using fourrts' protein powder. Now that too not useful by 2015 march. No abnormality in any check up. 70/110 bp and 84 fasting sugar and 86 after food sugar. 2 weeks before hypotyroid diagonised 5.54. Started 25 mg (on 1-may-2015) for 45 days. 92 tabs for 15 days). In the morning by 8 I am having giddiness everyday. Then whatever is there in my hand will fall down and I have to lay down in bed asap otherwise I will fell down. After laying down for 15-30 mins I will be ok. The same will occur again in 30 mins. Then I will be ok till 3pm. Again same thing will happen. In office I used to keep my head on my desk during this time. In the night also I have same issue by 8.30. I am taking food on time. Taking 3 ltrs of water everyday. Taking b-protein twice daily. Mainly veg diet following. I have 3mm stone in left kidney.(identified on last oct) and during periods I am getting fainted these days. So b long and rimroz for 10 days before periods and during periods I cannot leave with out meftal 500. (1500 on first day 1000 on next 3 days. Normal flow. On feb found out cervical erosion is there and had antibiotic treatment and cauterization.(on march end). Dovctor told now everything is normal. I still have abdominal pain so pres cribed urikind, cranpac and citralka for that. Please help me to identify what will be my real issue.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.