Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrashekar M.h
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekar M.hYour feedback matters!
suffering from mouth ulcer past 3 days. Pls suggest some medicine. I have tried home remedies by having plenty of water and applying honey on my sores.
I am 20 yrs old male. My big problem is frequent oral ulcers which is from child hood. Give me some precautions and medications and food diet home remedies to cure.
My saliva in mouth gets filled up while sleeping in night and flows over pillow past several years. Request you to provide every possible remedy.
I am suffering from bad smell from my mouth since 6 years. I have done mouth scaling many times. But still I am suffering from it. Please suggest me some medicines or powders.
Imagine the feeling of a thirst that is so strong it seems it will never be quenched, a constant burning sensation on the tongue, or lips that are constantly dry and cracked. Thirsty yet? Unfortunately, thousands of people, particularly the elderly, are affected by this condition called xerostomia or ?dry mouth.?
Dry mouth is not something to be taken lightly by any means. It can cause a lot of discomfort and have some extremely negative impacts on a person?s quality of life.
When a person has dry mouth, there is an increased risk of cavities and periodontal disease because there is less saliva to cleanse the teeth and gums. In addition, this condition is known to affect a person?s speech, taste sensation and ability to swallow.
When a patient?s salivary glands significantly decrease the production of saliva, or cease production altogether, there is a high risk of cavities or other oral diseases. Saliva is the mouth?s self-cleansing mechanism. It helps remove food debris and plaque from tooth surfaces.
A permanent feeling of dry mouth or decreased saliva flow can be caused by systemic-diseases such as: rheumatoid conditions, dysfunctional immune system, and hormonal and neurological disorders. Biological aging is a contributing factor to this condition, but does not cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth in others can be caused by radiation therapy directed at the head and neck region of the body, which can result in permanent damage to the salivary glands. In addition, there are over 400 drugs that can cause dry mouth as a side effect. The more common drugs are decongestants, diuretics, antihypertensives, antidepressants, and antihistamines.
Many patients that experience dry mouth complain of a sore or burning sensation on the tongue; dry, cracked lips, and at the corners of the mouth; and are often thirsty.
If patients exhibit these symptoms, they should immediately see an oral health professional. With a little extra care, dry mouth can be adequately controlled.
The WDA recommends those affected by dry mouth take the following precautions to keep the mouth wet and reduce the likelihood of cavities or periodontal disease:
Brush and floss teeth at least four times per day (after each meal and before bedtime)
Brush and rinse dentures after each meal
Keep water handy to wet the mouth at all times
Chew sugarless gum
Avoid tobacco, alcohol, sodas and foods high in sugar content
Use moisturizer on the lips to alleviate discomfort.
I am 22 years old, and I have a question regarding bad breath tht comes when we do not take water or food for several hrs and even after the meal tht we take. How to kill this bad breath germs.
Hi. I had started having root canal treatment around one month ago. But it still pains. After having so much sittings. And when the doctor does the final filling. It again start paining. Please suggest what could be the cause as this pain is very intense. Please help.
I am 23 year old male, I have mouth blister/ulcer inside my cheek for over a week now. It is very inflammatory.
I can't open my mouth properly because of my habit of chewing gutkha and pan masala. Before 1 month I leave that gutka and pan masala but after leaving that I can't open my mouth properly Give suggestions. What to do?
Sir, My teeth are too much yellowish from childhood due to impure water. Now how can I remove this layer from teeth. I paste thrice a day but unable to no benefit. Provide me some suggestions.
Hi, I am having toothache from last 3 days. I found that it is tooth decay. Now am pregnant with 4 weeks. Can I have tooth decay treatment now. Is anaesthesia necessary?
I have an problem in my teeth so plzzz help me how to solve this problem plzz suggest mea good doctor very fast.
Hello doctor I have a very bad breath even after brushing my teeth twice a day regularly. After brushing my teeth and gargling with my mouth wash which is temporary for a few minutes my mouth stinks please give me a solution to this problem.
A smile is said to be your best accessory. For a beautiful smile, it is important not only for your teeth to be pearly white, but they should also be well aligned. Just like a toothbrush and teeth whiteners, which can make your teeth sparkle, braces can align them efficiently.
If you're thinking of getting braces, here are six things you should know:
1. There is no age limit to braces: Braces are usually linked to the awkward teenage years, but there really is no age limit to straighten your teeth. It is no longer uncommon for adults to opt for orthodontic treatment to straighten their smiles. All you need to ensure is that your gums and teeth and are healthy. Even a senior citizen can wear braces!
2. Types of Braces: Traditional Metal Braces are made of the stainless steel brackets and wires that inspired the term, 'metal mouth' years ago. Fortunately, today's metal braces are noticeably smaller. And new heat-activated archwires move your teeth more quickly and less painfully as they respond to your body's heat.
- Ceramic Braces mock metal braces in shape and size, but they use tooth colored or clear ceramic brackets that blend more naturally into your teeth.
- Lingual Braces use the same metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces, but the brackets and wires are installed on the inside of your teeth to keep them hidden.
- Invisalign consists of a series of customized, clear BPA free plastic tray aligners that are removable and typically replaced every 2 weeks to keep your teeth moving in the desired direction.
3. Certain oral health conditions can prevent you from getting braces: Healthy teeth and gums are a prerequisite for braces at any age. In some cases, patients with exceedingly receded gums may not be eligible for braces. Another oral condition, which is commonly seen with people who cannot get braces, is the teeth with shallow roots.
4. You may feel a little discomfort: It does take a while to get used to wearing braces. The first week is usually the most uncomfortable or sometimes, there is no discomfort. If feeling discomfort, your mouth and teeth may feel sore and tender. A salt water gargle can help relieve this discomfort. Feeling your teeth get a little loose as the braces begin to work is normal. This is because, in order for the braces to straighten your teeth, they must first dislodge them from their current position and angle. As your teeth are repositioned, this looseness will disappear.
5. You will probably need to wear a retainer: Getting braces means signing up for a long term treatment. Even after the braces are removed and your teeth have been repositioned, you will probably need to wear a retainer for some time. This is to ensure that your teeth do not return to their original positions.
6. Be prepared to put more time into your teeth cleaning routine: Wearing braces means you can not neglect brushing and flossing. Teeth can become permanently stained if food and beverage debris is not cleaned away from all the nooks and crannies formed by your braces.
The sooner you treat your teeth, the faster you will be able to flash that million dollar smile.