Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekar KedilayaYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my throat from morning. I that it's because of cold or cough but my nose is dry so I don't feel it's because of cold or cough. I don't know why is that happened. Is it because of eating oily food?
My father 60 years old having headache problem. After every 2 -3 days headache come. Seems having gastric problem. Problem is old but earlier was occasionally but now frequency has increased. Took medicine like pantop, rant ac, combiflam also. please suggest.
My brother is being coughing since almost six months Consulted local doctors and Tried all the measures still no relief What to do?
I am 27 years old male, and I am diabetic from past 2 years and I am married. Recently I am facing a strange problem, One month ago I started sensing some itchiness on my penis and a white colored layer forming at my penis head even after regular cleaning. As we are planning for children me and my spouse we both went to a gynecologist Dr. for knowing best dates to conceive , as I have notified about my problem she prescribed me to use " CANDIFORCE 200 " since than I am using medications regularly but not cured and from 20 days my force skin circumference reduced and it became very problematic to drag my force skin to fro. Because of this I am unable to mate with my partner. Please let me know why my force skin on penis has become problematic. My sugar levels are normal in range.
I'm Masturbating since my age 14 frequently like 365 times in 365 daysNow I'm 21y 8months WEIGHT 75KGS HEIGHT 6ft like i'm practising it from 7 years. I did smoking from age 18 to 20. I'm a chain smoker in those 2 years I quit smoking. I do drink alcohol. Now I am aware that it causes impotence, E. D and semen reduction. So I decided to stop and stopping it, my fear is how much damage did I DONE and is there any cure and retreat damage to normal condition? I don't have any problems till to date with my penis like unusual leakage of semen etc. Scientists and Doctors who have knowledge Kindly please share.
I am female my bilirubin level is 0.9 normal range is 0.2 to 1 what precautions should I take n my eyes are yellowish Inside. please suggest me sum gud tips.
I am 20 years old. I am very week. I look like 15. What should I do? I use to stammer also. Please help me.
Sir i'm suffering migraine from last 2 months. I have checked so many doctors. But i'm not giving any results from they. I take ultracet frm 10 days.
While consuming alcohol in small amounts has its health benefits, using alcohol as an escape from daily social and work pressures could lead to harmful effects. Consuming alcohol more than the body can endure can pave the way for devastating health conditions, including permanent damage to the liver.
1. What is alcohol addiction?
When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that it becomes difficult to function without it, the condition is called alcohol addiction. Untreated alcohol abuse can progress dependences to an addiction to alcohol characterized by physical dependence and/or inability to stop despite serious consequences. Once they begin drinking, alcoholics have little to no control over the amount they consume.
2. Signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence are as follows:
- Significant hangovers and increase in time needed to recover from after-effects of alcohol use.
- Increased amount of alcohol consumed because of increased tolerance; or, decrease in the effects of alcohol use without substantial increases in the amount consumed.
- Reduced attention to personal and professional responsibilities.
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Withdrawal symptoms when unable to consume alcohol.
- Continuing to consume alcohol despite knowing its harmful effects.
3. What are the short-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- The short-term effects of alcohol consumption above a specified level differ from person to person, depending on the age and weight of the person, and whether the alcohol has been taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Though the short-term effects of alcohol are pleasant in the first place, they may lead to poor concentration, diminishing reflexes, lack of coordination and many other conditions which may lead to slowing down of the important activities of the brain.
- It may also lead to emotional and psychological changes, sleep disorders, drowsiness, slurring of speech, nausea and vomiting.
- The short-term effects of alcohol are further amplified when it is consumed along with certain medications.
4. What are the long-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- Daily consumption of alcohol for a prolonged period of time can lead to death of cells in the brain, causing nerve damage, eventually leading to poor mental and physical functions.
- Alcohol addiction causes damage to the liver, and leads to a severe medical condition called cirrhosis, where the liver is required to be transplanted.
- It may also lead to pancreatitis, which is a dangerous inflammation of the pancreas.
- When the body becomes tolerant to high doses of alcohol, consuming alcohol no more leads to short-term effects of alcohol. The condition, commonly referred to as tolerance, may lead to total dependence on alcohol in case of some individuals.
If a person has become addicted to alcohol, he/she would keep on drinking regardless of the mental and physical effects of alcohol. It may also cause relationship troubles, a steady drop in sexual performance, loss of job, and many other devastating outcomes. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for treatment while the situation is under control. Otherwise, it may affect all aspects of a person’s life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.