Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chandra ShekharYour feedback matters!
I have burping and bad breath problem after taking meals. It continues for 1 -2 hours. I have consulted my doctor. My doctor advised me take the endoscopy. The result of it shows everything fine. He suggested me fouths b lac - (morning after breakfast - 1 month) domstal (3 times a day before food - 1 month) burping was in control when taking the tablets. After a month burp continues again. I am taking my food slowly. Please, advise me to control it.
Here are 5 reasons that cause bad breath and ways to overcome the same.
1) Unhealthy Teeth And Gums - Most of the bad breath and halitosis problems result due to unhealthy teeth and gums. Basically, people who don't take care of their dental hygiene are prone to the problem.
Solution - Clean your teeth and rinse your mouth properly to get rid of the annoying rotten egg stench.
2) Lack Of Hydration - If you are not drinking enough water, you can have bad breath. Saliva washes away smell causing bacteria. But not having enough water will lead to lesser saliva, which will lead to dead and rotting cells that will stink.
Solution - Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water daily, at regular intervals.
3) Allergies - Nose and asthma related allergies are one of the leading causes of bad breath.
Solution - Make sure that you get rid of the allergies via proper care. Also, hydrate more when you have any allergy, like sinus problems or tonsil infection, it helps in clearing allergies out.
4) Eating the wrong stuff - Garlic, uncooked onion and too many spices can also lead to bad breath.
Solution - Use moderate spices and always rinse your mouth after each meal. Also, avoid foods that are high in sugar as they promote more bacteria.
5) Acid Reflux - If getting gaseous feeling in the pit of your stomach is a common problem for you, then you might have bad breath too. Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux are common causes of bad breath.
Solution - Avoid foods that can cause a reflux and try light eating. It will take care of other health problems too.
If you have any questions on improving oral and dental hygiene, please click on 'Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
As a way of protecting the clot that has formed, during the first 24 hours following your extraction, you should ...
1. Avoid vigorous rinsing or spitting. These activities may dislodge the clot.
Stay away from hot liquids (soup, coffee) because they tend to dissolve blood clots.
2. Minimize air pressure differences.
You should also avoid creating air pressure variations in your mouth, or pressure differences between your mouth and your sinuses (in the case of an upper tooth extraction) because these events may dislodge the blood clot from its socket.
This means you should avoid smoking or using a straw (these activities create suction). Also, don't blow your nose. And if you need to sneeze, sneeze with your mouth open.
Mount Multispeciality Dental Clinic
Butt Road - 2234 5000
Nungambakkam - 2827 5000
Brushing your teeth is one major way to prevent cavities and keep those pearly whites looking beautiful. But if you’re making one of these common toothbrushing mistakes, your teeth might not be getting all the care they need.
1. Flossing after brushing: Everyone should floss at least once per day. But if you’re flossing before you brush, you’re leaving stuff behind that could cause cavities. Even though flossing removes food and plaque that’s stuck between the teeth, it still might be hanging around in your mouth. Following two minutes of brushing with a good floss is the solution for a truly clean smile.
2. Brushing in straight lines: Brushing in straight lines is great for some parts of your teeth, but not all. For the outer surfaces of your teeth, you should be brushing in circles in order to get the best scrub possible. For the inner surfaces of your teeth, brush in up and down motions. Finally, for the tops of your big back teeth, straight lines are the way to go.
3. Not brushing long enough: You should brush at least two times per day, but after every meal is best. And each time you brush, you should do it for two to three minutes.
4. Using an old brush: Toothbrushes need to be replaced about every 3 months. If the bristles of a toothbrush are bent, then it’s past time for a new brush. Why does it matter? Bent bristles just can’t clean the teeth as well as straight bristles. It’s as simple as that.
5. Using the wrong toothpaste: First things first, make sure you’re using a fluoride toothpaste. It strengthens the teeth and prevents cavities. Second, if you’re buying toothpaste for kids, get something fruity-flavored. Kids usually don’t like minty flavors, and might put up a fight if you ask them to brush with a toothpaste they think tastes yucky. Finally, if you have sensitive teeth, get a toothpaste with potassium nitrate. It’s proven to help with tooth sensitivity, and can make it easier to eat hot or cold foods.
If you’re guilty of one or more of these toothbrushing mistakes, you’re not alone. The good news is that now you know how to brush like a pro, and that’s going to go a long way in helping you have a healthier, happier smil
Hi I'm a male or boys does eating ice cube or keeping in the mouth or swallowing is good for our skin and health please tel me please can I eat ice cube or swallow it please tel me plz.
People loose lose their teeth for various reasons ranging from gum diseases, bone loss conditions,dental cavities, injuries and age. A missing tooth, particularly at the front of your mouth, can lead to changes in your smile and loss of confidence. Apart from aesthetic reasons, a missing tooth also impacts the way you talk, and eat your food. Over time, the bone mass which was supporting the tooth starts eroding and causes the loosening of your neighboring teeth. To prevent this and regain the confidence of a beautiful smile, most people, as well as doctors, prefer dental implants.
Why are dental implants the preferred option?
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth since they are the closest thing to getting back your original pearly whites. Most patients prefer implants to other tooth replacement options like dentures and dental bridges since they offer the maximum stability and durability. Patients maintaining their dental implants properly can expect them to last around 25-30 years and even more. Besides looking like real teeth, they also function like your natural ones. That alone is the reason why so many people consider them.
Now let's understand what are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium metal posts which are used to replace the roots of a missing tooth and support a custom made crown. They are placed in your jawbone through a minor surgical procedure that is done under local anesthesia at your doctor's chamber. To replace your missing tooth with an implant, the dentist will attach a crown that takes the place of your visible tooth. After your implant has fused with your jaw bone and healed, the crown will be changed to a permanent one that matches the colour of your teeth flawlessly. This process can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth. Unlike bridges and dentures, crowns which are fitted to these implants do not shift or slip. The secure fit gives a more natural look. It also gives comfort while speaking and chewing food.
Is a dental implant very painful?
A dental implant is as painful as any other procedure done by your dentist, for eg a filling. Done under local anesthesia, an implant does not leave any open wound so the healing process is quicker. Minor discomfort after the placement of the implants can be relieved through normal painkillers like ibuprofen. Depending on which part of the mouth you have lost your tooth, your dental implant procedure should take less than an hour to complete.
Healthy gums for implants
If one is considering going for an implant, then you must know that implants need healthy gums with enough bone support. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and regular dental visits should be made so as to ensure long term success of the implants.
Care of the Implants:
Usually dental implants are very successful and here are few steps to help you take care of them to get long term benefits:
- Good oral hygiene: Brush twice a day and make flossing a routine. Use of interdental brushes
- can help clean the areas around the implant.
- Abstain from smoking as it can make your bones weak and result in implant failure.
- Avoid putting too much pressure on the implants: Eating food items like gums and candies can
- break the crown of both artificial and natural teeth.
- Visit your dentist every six months.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.