Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ChandanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm a male or boys does drinking chamomile tea good for our skin and health please tell me please can we drink it?
Hi, I am a 23 year old female. Since some time now I have dry cracked skin around my buttcrack and the skin around my anus gets a little white and moist after some time. I wash the area twice a day as it begins to smell. Please can you recommend a solution as I am embarrassed to speak to my dermatologist about this.
I am 23 years old. Can I have red wine for my face beauty. How much do I drink? ?I am married. I have 2 kids. Does it have any side affects.
I am working in night shift what kind of diet I should follow? I am facing many issue like headaches, darkcircle, even skin and face. Glow is not same as before.
I'm a 19 years old guy. I had a huge inflammation on my right side of face it was swollen and puss was coming outside now it has gone but skin is also somewhat swollen and hard I don't know will that mark fade away. Now the problem is I got another huge inflammation on left side of face and its too much big and painful I had taken many medicines and have consulted many doctors but the condition get even worse. I want my face to be clear and acne free. I have some more acne like pimples on my face that seems to grow up into this big inflammation. I'm really worried about this and want a final solution to this problem whether it is medicine or any treatment I'm ready for both but I can't handle this for more time. Kindly give me the best easy and fastest way to get rid of this disease.
Prickly heat rashes, otherwise called miliaria rubra, is a rash comprising little, raised red spots that causes a stinging or prickling sensation and irritation on the skin. These rashes can grow at any place on the body, yet it normally shows up all over, neck, back, abdomen or thighs, a couple days after one is exposed to high temperatures.
The rash results in minor spots or knocks that are surrounded by a territory of red skin. The spots, once in awhile, look like modest blisters and can bring about:
A stinging or extreme prickling sensation
Prickly heat rashes, more often than not, occur when a person sweats more than expected. For example, during hot or damp climate. However, it is more likely to get prickly heat in the winter.
The condition is brought about when the body's sweat glands tend to get blocked. Extreme sweating leads to sweat getting trapped under your skin. The trapped sweat causes skin disturbance and results in different types of heat rashes.
Prickly heat rashes are not an extreme condition and usually require a particular treatment. The rash typically vanishes after a couple of days. However, there are a few things you can do to treat your symptoms. The best ways to cure prickly heat rashes are:
Stay away from excessive warmth and humidity in case you have to go outside. Try to stay in the shade or take a small fan with you. Being exposed to the warmth will make you sweat increasingly and may exacerbate your rash to a great degree thus, leading to pain and even sores. Drink a lot of liquid to stay away from lack of hydration, particularly in hot climate.
Wear free flowing and loose cotton clothes and abstain from wearing synthetic clothes. For instance, polyester and nylon trap heat faster than regular filaments, so it is better to avoid them.
Keep your skin cool. A shower will cool you off, relieve your skin and reduce excessive sweating. Staying in a ventilated space for a couple of hours a day will likewise be of significant help. Under extreme conditions, you can utilize an ice pack, however do not keep it on the skin for longer than 20 minutes.
Utilize calamine cream. It is available at most drug stores and will relieve you from sore and disturbed skin.
Apply hydrocortisone cream. Low-quality hydrocortisone cream is available at drug stores and is adept at treating exceptionally aggravated areas of the skin. In any case, abstain from utilizing it all over and follow the directions of a skin specialist.
- Antihistamine tablets may control tingling and itching. Do consult a specialist or a doctor before using them, considering the side-effects they might have on you.
I have scar marks on my face. How can I get scales face. In your clinic giving treatment for this or not.
The colour of my underarms are really dark. I want a flawless skin in my underarms. Can you please suggest me some ways for the following.
Is there 100% cure treatment for large open pores please give me the suggestions and say me the treatment for what I have to go on to cure large open pores upon face.
Diabetes is a serious disease, but if properly managed is not life threatening. Diabetes can be explained as the body’s inability to regulate insulin production. This leads to fluctuations in blood sugar levels. This disease affects every part of the body including the skin. For some people, a rash is among the first few symptoms of diabetes. Most diabetic patients suffer from a skin condition at some point or the other. Here are a few common skin ailments that affect diabetic patients.
- Bacterial infections: A weakened immune system makes diabetics more vulnerable to bacterial infections than normal. These bacterial infections can be typically seen in the form of styles on the eyelid, boils, carbuncles and nail infections. They usually make the skin around the infected area red, inflamed and painful. Most skin bacterial skin ailments can be treated with antibiotic creams and pills.
- Fungal infections: One of the most common fungal infections that diabetic patients suffer from is known as Candida albicans. This ailment is characterised by a red, itchy rash that is surrounded by small blisters. It is caused by yeast-like fungus and usually found in moist areas like the armpits or between the toes. Other fungal infections that affect diabetic patients include ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot and vaginal yeast infections.
- Itchy skin: Diabetics often suffer from itchiness that could be triggered by yeast infections, dry skin and poor circulation. People with poor circulation will find their calves and feet to be the itchiest part of the body, While poor circulation and yeast infections may need medical attention, dry skin can be easily treated by keeping the skin internally and externally hydrated along with the use of a mild moisturising soap.
- Vitiligo: This is a skin condition where the melanin producing cells in the skin are destroyed. This leads to a patchy appearance that can be typically seen on the hands, face and chest. Vitiligo is considered to be an autoimmune disease like diabetes and has no known cause or cure. Sunscreen is a must for diabetic patients suffering from vitiligo as the unpigmented skin has no protection from UV radiation.
- Diabetic blisters: Patients with severe diabetes may also suffer from diabetic blisters. These blisters usually occur on the extremities of the body and resemble blisters caused by burns. They are usually pain-free and heal on their own.
- Disseminated granuloma annular: This condition is characterised by a ring or arc shaped areas on the skin. They can usually be seen on the fingers and ears but may also occur in the chest and abdomen. This rash may be reddish or skin coloured. Medical treatment is not generally required for this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.