Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ChanadanaYour feedback matters!
Hi we are newly married couple. We did sex last night. When I was fully erect inside her vagina i m feeling little pain and the same way she also feeling pain if I stop for few seconds pain is going from both of them and after completing the girl has a small bleeding from her Virginia little. She do not have pain when she was bleeding. Is there any problem? Y she is bleeding without any pain.
Hello Sir Main 4-5 month se pragnancy conceive karne ke liye try kar rahe hu marriage ke kuch time baad mujhe pragnancy hue the per kuch problem ke karan success ni hua. Abhe subhe test normal hai kindly advise main kya karu Dr. se bhe consult kiya hua hai aur treatment bhe le rahe hu per kuch farak ni.
My wife is 44 years old and her menstrual cycle is on the verge of ending she has been taking doses to end this due to continuous bleeding some time back. Due to this she is very very tired all the times and she does not like anything, neither does she get proper sleep at night, this has been happening for months. Kindly suggest tablets /diet plan so that her energy can be recouped. She has also lost lot of weight (7-8 kgs). She is a sugar patient however her sugar is currently under control. Her B. P used to be high but currently normal. Shall look forward to your reply please.
Hello Doc, Last month we regularly had intercourse as we are planning for pregnancy. My periods were due on 5th may'16 but till date I didn't have my periods. Do I need to go to a Gynaecologist for check up or should I wait for few more days. Pls suggest.
Hello madam, I am 29 years old actually me and my husband are trying for a child from last 5 months and we are not getting any success. How would I know if there is any fertility problem and why I am not getting pregnant. I am very depressed please advise me. If I have to do any test to check the fertility problem kindly advice me.
Meri shadi ko 5 saal hogaye hai doctor ke kehne per sari report kara ne per sari report normal hai please help me for getting pregnant.
Mam I have a sex problem my husband have no problem but my body language not encouraged for sex last 2 years I will try to be pregnant but no result are there my reports are normal my periods are not properly come. Tell me the best soln.
I had sex with my female friend 1 month ago 2 days continue totally 3 times only after 1 day of that she started her periods normally but now. It has been 22 days her period not coming again her normally periods came in 20 days of last now you please help us what it can be?
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
What are effect of hypothyroidism during pregnancy? even when she is continuously on thyroid medicine.
Is there any medicine or injection available to increase breast milk apart from perinorm, lactocare. please reply as soon as possible.
What is it?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening. Whitening is not a one time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
What it is used for?
The outer layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The color of natural teeth is created by the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel, combined with the color of the dentin under it. Your genes affect the thickness and smoothness of the enamel. Thinner enamel allows more of the color of the dentin to show through. Having smoother or rougher enamel also affects the reflection of light and therefore the color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains. The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker. It is also possible to have stains inside the tooth. These are called intrinsic stains. For example, intrinsic stains can be caused by exposure to too much fluoride as a child while teeth are developing. Other causes include tetracycline antibiotics. They can stain a child's teeth if taken by a mother during the second half of pregnancy or by a child who is 8 years old or younger. Teeth are still developing during these years. Trauma can also darken a tooth and tooth whitening is the most effective way to treat on surface (extrinsic) stains.
Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum.
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
There could be complications such as respiratory failure, respiratory arrest or congestive heart failure
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system.
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.
My question is my wife some time suffer from period issue like she suffer from more blood during her period. Is this normal or any physical problem? thanks.
Menopause is the medical term for the
end of a woman’s menstrual periods. It
is a natural part of aging, and occurs
when the ovaries stop making
hormones called estrogens. This causes
estrogen levels to drop, and leads to
the end of monthly menstual periods.
This usually happens between the ages
of 45 and 60, but it can happen earlier.
Menopause can also occur when the
ovaries are surgically removed or stop
functioning for any other reason.
Low estrogen levels are linked to some
uncomfortable symptoms in many
women. The most common and easy to
recognize symptom is hot flashes ÷
sudden intense waves of heat and
sweating. Some women find that these
hot flashes disrupt their sleep, and
others report mood changes. Other
symptoms may include irregular
periods, vaginal or urinary tract
infections, urinary incontinence
(leakage of urine or inability to control
urine flow), and inflammation of the
vagina. Because of the changes in the
urinary tract and vagina, some women
may have discomfort or pain during
sexual intercourse. Many women also
notice changes in their skin, digestive
tract, and hair during menopause.
The signs and symptoms of menopause
start appearing atleast one year before
your final period. These include:
Increased abdominal fat
Loss of breast fullness
homeopathic remedies may useful like
#Lachesis [Lach] ,cimcifug ,