Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ChampakaYour feedback matters!
My son 9 months old he suffers atopic eczema problem, sybol or boronil is can use to safe way or not please say doctor.
After c section I have no breastfeeding first 8 days after that I have very low supply what is my problem.
My daughter had diaper rashes at the age of 7 months. I had applied ointment candid b as prescribed by her doctor. Then it turned into white skin patches just like vitiligo. Is there any treatment for it.
How can improve my baby girl weight since 5 months old still at 5.5 kg only present turned in to 11 months please help.
My son is six months old. I bought him home on day five after his birth then I observed an injury in middle of his head. After some medication it was cured. But now hair is not growing that place & that place is slightly swollen day by day along with his age. Now it measures <1 cm but pain is not there. Two or three months ago that place is soft but now it is slightly hard then before. Please advice & help me.
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
4. Poisoning: Poisoning takes place under conditions of food poisoning or accidental swallowing of harmful substances like detergents, insecticides or drugs.
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.