Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaitra Poornima R KYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and married my weight is 68 kgs which got increased rapidly in just 2 years from 60. I have pcod also but I get regular periods. We are planning for children also and I take medications for pregnancy like ova care susten200 ecosprin aldactone and bigomet. So kindly suggest me how to reduce weight atlest a 10-15 kgs.
Hello dr My friend is suffering from infertility prob. She has been married 6 years till now. After marriage she has a miscarriage and she was diagnosed by hyperthyroid but she is ok now and trying to conceive sh consulted many drs but no result. She has consulted a new Dr. and she telled her to go for alphascopy Dr. what is alphascopy? What it meant for? What is its procedure? How much it cost? Is it safe? please help.
I just noticed my perineum area has turned lil red. No itching, pain, or discharge. What can cause perineum area to turn red? I am a virgin.
1 week ho gya hai but period nai aya hai ye teesri bar hua hai. To sir ab kya karey Kon si allopathy use karey bataye?
My wife facing too much white discharge problem since from last year. Doctor said she is in chronic. So he 'll applied ray. What should we do now?
Hello. My wife is 25 years old. She is pregnant. Nd 8 month running now. Push cell 30 to 40. Rbc 1to 2, albumin present. Now what care?
If my wife is pregnant from 3 week and I do not want child at this time what to do? Any medicine which help.
My periods date is 9 July and I have sex with out condom, so can I be pregnant or not And what is the time for pregnant?
I am planning for a baby, is it safe to take Looz syrup on daily basis? I am taking this syrup since 6 months and this is the only medicine that helps me out from constipation. Please suggest.
I had tsh level as 5.86 (Normal range 5.36 during pregnancy) during my pregnancy and after spontaneous abortion my tsh level was normal (6 months back). I had delayed periods and now my tsh level is >100. Is it possible that thyroid level can increase in 6 months? What treatment should I take to get pregnant?
I want sex with my wife. With out having condom and I do not want to use any medicine after having sex to prevent pregnancy. She will get periods in between 14 to 19 days. Which days is safe not get pregnancy to have sex without using condom.
I did vomiting yesterday before taking unwanted 72and after sex and I have also vomiting today before taking pain killer tablets. And I don't use condom yesterday during sex.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
Hello doctor! My mothers age ia 50 plus she is goog and no problem with god grace but often when see watch t.v she feel drowsy or sleeps! Whether its day and night only watches tv she sleep. Let me tell you she do house hold chores is it laziness?
I am 23 years old girl I had a problem of missed periods of february and march my actual date is 10 Feb but not yet it comes. Is this hormonal imbalance? Can you please suggest and guide me.
If I made sex without condoms, is there a chance to get pregnant just after completing the menstrual cycle?
I usually get rashes in groin before period. Is there any relation between that and infertility. I also get nowadays nausea and breast pain before period which seams to be early pregnancy symptoms. Is it because of any hormonal problem.
Suffering from pcos from last 5 to 6 year. Earlier I was taking metformin n ginnete. But later I left because they ask me to take for 1 yr. Please suggest me some thing from ayurvedic or from home remedy.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
Diet for weight loss:
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"