Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chaitra Poornima R KYour feedback matters!
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are:
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size, which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Various complications may result from this surgery such as -
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
In during periods, the bleeding occurs which was over bleeding, to control the bleeding, what I have to do.
I missed my birth control pill Monday, had unprotected sex Tuesday and he came inside of me. But took my pill at 10 o'clock that night like I usually would. There isn't a chance I could get pregnant is there?
It's good to intimate after periods or should I wait for 3/4 days .or if I intimate before there is no any problem for me or my fuency.
I trying to get a child since my marriage but after 3 years we are not able to do that but there is 2 miscarriage 1 was in 3rd month and the 2nd was in 2nd but the problem is now that my wife is not able to conceive we r trying for that from last 5 6 month Kindly suggest the way what we have to do Thanks With regards Anubhav.
Hi! My age is 23. I had unprotected sex on 19th June and took Unwanted 72 within 2 hrs. I was expecting my period on 23-25th June but now on 24th June I have got only one drop of blood (probably spotting) and extremely painful stomach cramps continuing till 26th June. During this entire week I had severe headache several times and vomiting once on 2nd day of taking pill. I am worried if the pill has worked or not? Are these early sign of pregnancy?
Could you tell me any tonic for improving her weight and height ,shall I give her enfagrow.Please tell.
I am very lazy and fat. Whenever I am trying to wake up in morning, my body gets so much of pain. I am working these days. I want to become fit and want to get a healthy and easier life. Tell me possible remedies for it.
Hello sir, I am 7month pregnant in my upper side of stomach I have pain what it is .am afraid. Please guide
Hello I'm 23years old I and my wife is trying to have baby last from six to 10months buts she is not getting pregnant and now even my interest got down I'm feeling I'm bored don't like to sleep with her but I'm seeking a chin so please help me what to do.
My gf claimed that she is having abdominal cramps. On 11 April we just made our organs touch. After it she was tensed becoz of thought of getting pregnant. Her periods starts from 20 of every month. Is she pregnant?
If green tea is that much of harmful than why some nutritionists suggests green tea to pregnant ladies. It affects the medications too.
I have pcod and last 7 month I got treatment for this and my period also regular last 7moth and Dr. took clofert tablet now I am not get period 42 days it is possible get pregnant.
1) if label says fat free then it is low in calories.
Usually fat free foods are high in sugar calories and also in sodium. It may also contain maida or some other unhealthy ingredients so pls check label carefully.
2) 100% fruit juice is a good substitute for fruit
None of the commercially available fruit juices have 100% fruit. Mostly they contain not more then 10% fruit and that to of poor quality. It is loaded with artificial flavorings, preservatives, sugar.
3) avoid citrus fruits when you have cold as they are cold foods.
Some people may be sensitive to them but not all. In fact they are rich in vitamin c which helps fight cold.