Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chaitra NiranjanYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have one small doubt. That is how we can avoid pregnancy after sex? And which tablets will work?
Me and my girlfriend had sex on 8 july While having sex my condom broke Its is possible that some sperm might have gone inside her. So I gave her a tablet of I -pill on very same day She is to get her periods on 20th July But till now there are no cramps or symptoms. So is there any chance that she might be pregnant. Her age is 18 Should we take a pregnancy test now Or after some days.
I have taken susten200 for five days for my periods. Stil I dnt get periods and today is fifth day that I have stoped susten200.
Benefits of carom seeds (ajwain) for digestion, pain relief, and skin!
Carom is a prominent Indian herb that, apart from being used in cooking, comes loaded with many health benefits. Check out these unbeatable benefits you must have carom every day.
1. Cures acidity: powdered mixture of carom seeds, cumin seeds, and dry ginger powder relieves of acid reflux and acidity.
2. Treats constipation: carom seeds when consumed with lukewarm water help in treating constipation.
3. Relieves asthma: concoction of carom seeds helps in expelling mucus from the body and eases the condition of acute asthmatic patients. When consumed with jaggery, it effectively treats bronchitis.
4. Subsides renal pain: concoction of carom seeds helps in subsiding renal pains that may be due to an infection in kidneys or even liver.
5. Eases toothache: mix 1 teaspoon of carom oil with equal amount of clove oil. Floss your teeth and gums with this mixture to cure mouth odor, tooth ache or decaying.
6. Treats skin ailments: make a paste of carom seeds to apply over skin eruption, pimples, boils. This paste can even render relief to eczema patients.
7. Regulates pms: soak carom seeds over night and grind finely. Drink this to regulate scanty or excessive flow during PMS.
8. Benefits in arthritis: massage carom oil over painful joints and get relief from rheumatic pain.
9. Cures diarrhea: acute diarrhea can be easily cured with carom seeds. Prepare a brew of carom seeds to be consumed two times a day.
10: lightens facial scars: mix carom seeds powder with curd to be applied over acne scars. Follow this remedy consistently for 10 days and scars will start getting lighter.
11. Acts a mosquito repellent: mix carom seeds powder with mustard oil. Now smear this mixture over cardboard pieces and tie them at convenient places inside the room. This will keep irksome mosquitoes at bay.
12. Treats piles: the pain of piles can be effectively minimized by consuming carom seeds powder with buttermilk, seasoned with rock salt, after meals.
13. Enhances sexual ability: grind roasted carom seeds along with clarified butter and few tamarind kernels. Add 1 teaspoon of this powder to one glass milk with a dash of honey. Drink this every night. Over the time, this would enhance the sexual ability.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Kitchen Spices That Heal Big Time
Dear sir/mam My girlfriend has been facing her periods now a days but the problem is that she goes 7-8 time in a day with a lot of pain. Earlier she had to go only 3-4 time over a day. So now I want to ask you that is it there any sexual problem or something else. Plzzzz write to me thanks.
We had sex before 2 months (20 feb) and after this she got periods on 10 march. After periods we didn't have intercourse till now. This month periods was to got on 8 April but didn't have till date. Wht is the reason? May pregnancy occur after periods. May pregnancy occur due to 2 months earlier intercourse even one periods has been finished after intercourse.
My periods are irregular and sometimes unstoppable without medicine. My doctor says that these is the imbalance of hormones. I want to ask can yoga help me in my problem. And which aasans should I do to balance my hormones.
10 surprising health benefits and uses of sabja:
Wonder benefits of basil seeds
As far as health benefits are concerned, the seeds are full of fiber and known for many surprising health benefits. These seeds are used in making falooda, sherbet, milkshakes and other popular health drinks. It is known worldwide as one of the ingredients for sweet Asian drinks. However, like chia seeds, it is comparatively less tasty.
Basil seeds for weight loss:
Sabja seeds can be used for weight
management purposes. It is full of fiber that makes your stomach full and doesn't feel hunger to a certain period of time. After soaking in water, it has the ability to expand 30 times of its original sides thus reduces longing for eating more.
Sabja seeds for hair:
The seeds contain an adequate amount of vitamin k, protein, and iron. These nutrients are helpful to make your hair healthy and shining. So, it is suggested to include it in your daily diet requirements to skip embarrassment from hair loss and baldness.
Basil seeds for healthy skin:
The mix of sabja seeds and coconut oil is effective to ward off many skin's related diseases. Method: take 100 ml of coconut oil and 1tsp of crush basil seeds. Now heat the mixture for 5 minutes. Strain and apply it over your skin to cure skin related problems like psoriasis, eczema, etc.
Basil seeds for acidity: acidity problems are very common these days due to faulty lifestyle and wrong dietary pattern. Sabja seeds are having cooling and soothing effects on the stomach. Method: take milk (1 cup) and basil seeds (1tsp), stir it well and drink the same to reduce burning sensation in your stomach.
Sabja seeds for diabetes treatment:
The seeds are good in the curing of diabetes type 2 by lowering down the sugar in the blood. Method: take soaked basil seeds (1tsp), toned milk (1 glass) and vanilla for flavor. It helps to give you energy sans sugar.
The soaked sabja seeds when eaten helps to cleanse the inner stomach. It ensures easy bowel movement and helps to flush out toxin from the stomach. It is also taken with milk before going to bed to ease constipation.
Acts as coolant:
These seeds are used to lower body heat that's why as one of the important ingredients in summer for a number of cool drinks such as falooda, rooh afza, nimbu pani and sherbet.
Nutritional values of basil seeds: the seeds contain many phytochemicals and polyphenolic flavonoids like orientin, vicenin and other antioxidants. The leaves are rich in essential oils like eugenol, citronellol, limonene, citral and terpineol. It contains beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin a and vitamin k. It also contains important minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, folates, and magnesium.
Sabja seeds recipes: rooh afza, milkshake, Indian lemonade, paan gulkand milkshake, strawberry falooda, mango falooda, mango sherbet, rose milk recipe, nimbu panni, shikanji, nannari sharbat, bel sharbat, etc. Are some of the important healthy recipes of it
Medicinally, it can be used to treat digestion problems, cure constipation, removes skin infection, respiratory disorder, sore throats and stress relief
Common names of basil seed
The scientific name of sabja seeds is ocimum basilicum. The different common names of basil seed are sabja seeds, falooda, arabic falooda seeds, sabja ginjalu, thai holy basil, selashi tukmaria, sabja vethai, hazbo, tuk malanga, basilic cultive, basilien kraut, and sweet basil seeds. These seeds are the product of rudra jada plant that comes under tulsi family but shouldn't be mistaken with holy basil or tulsi.
Side-effects of sabja seeds
The children and elderly people should avoid to take it as the seeds may choke due to an improper imbalance of water and seeds. The pregnant mother should skip it as the seeds lower down the level of estrogen.
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this.
I am suffering feom pcos and have a bulky ovary. I had my periods on October 2015 and may be due to this ailment am bloating whereas the weight keeps changing between 70 to 75. Also am suffering from hair loss. I generally have homeopathy medicines but loosing hope regarding this. Is there any natural way or a way without any side effects? Dosage of Medroxyprogesterone and dronis was prescribed to me but they have side effects which is forcing me to have second thoughts.
Hi, I was 20 years, and married ,last month me and my hubby took treatment for getting pregnancy doctor did all tests everything is gud, but my ovary is small ,she gave injection to increase the size of ovary, and gave medicines for conceiving, but I got my periods on 5 of march my last period was 8 of Feb and before period was on 25 Jan means last month I got my periods again after 15 days of my before periods, now doctor suggest me to take krimson 35 tablets for 21 days, did I get pregnancy when using krimson 35 tablets? Means when I searched in google some body wrote that this is a type of birth control pills and some are saying other reasons, if I get pregnant this month I was very happy, because next month I am going another state I am having exams. Means me and my hubby are at different places, Can you please help me doctor.
Had my monthly cycle over and 4th may then had ipill on 10th may and got light bleeding on 21st fr 3-4 days .am I done with my monthly cycle or will it happen again? Confused.also is thr any medicine apart from ipill that I can have as my partner does not want to use protection.
By doing sex without condom will the girl get pregnant unless and until the sperms get inside her? Please help me.
I did intercourse without any protection my periods date is after 2nd but it's not come suggest me can I will wait for it and first sign of pregnancy but after intercourse I ate papaya please suggest me?
Hiii, I had sex with my girlfriend on last 28th december without any condoms but I did not insert full nd dint penetrate as shes a virgin, next day on 29th we had sex and I used condom and did it well and I gave ipill (emergency contraception pill) after sex. On 1st january we had sex again nd I used condom but unfortunately the condom was torn on the tip but I am confused whether I ejaculated in her or not. Right after taking out she gave me blowjob which I came soon, the next day after 23 hours I gave her ipill again, now we are tensed will she be pregnant? She had ginger tea immediately after sex and now shes drinking daily 2 times and eating papaya daily 2 times. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Please help we are tensed. And now she got a small pimple on lips which got cut on one side is it any sign? Now its almost a week. We have home pregnancy test but we are not sure when to test it! she is waiting for her periods on 12th jan. She said sometimes date of periods used to go till 18th. Last time her periods was on 10th or 12th. I heard if ipill is taken periods date gets changed. How does it change?
कढ़ी पौधे का वैज्ञानिक नाम मुराया कोइनेगी स्प्रेंग है और यह रूटासी परिवार के अंतर्गत आता है। यह भारत के मूल है और आमतौर पर उष्णकटिबंधीय और उपोष्णकटिबंधीय क्षेत्रों में पाया जाता है। चीन, ऑस्ट्रेलिया, नाइजीरिया और सीलोन जैसे अन्य देशों में इसकी खेती की जाती है। आम तौर पर कढ़ी पत्तों को स्वाद के लिए मसाले के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। आयुर्वेद में, माना जाता है कि कढ़ी पत्तियों में कई औषधीय गुण हैं जैसे मधुमेह, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, एंटीमायोटिक, विरोधी भड़काऊ, विरोधी कार्सिनोजेनिक और हेपेटो-सुरक्षात्मक (क्षति से जिगर को बचाने की क्षमता) गुण।
यह कार्बोहाइड्रेट, ऊर्जा, फाइबर, कैल्शियम, फास्फोरस, लोहा, मैग्नीशियम, तांबे और खनिजों जैसे पोषक तत्वों में समृद्ध है। इसमें निकोटीनिक एसिड और विटामिन सी, विटामिन ए, विटामिन बी, विटामिन ई, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, प्लांट स्टीरोल, एमिनो एसिड, ग्लाइकोसाइड्स और फ्लेवोनोइड जैसे विभिन्न विटामिन भी शामिल हैं।
कढ़ी पत्ते के फायदे
अधिकतर खाने के दौरान छोड़ दिया जातें हैं, लेकिन खपत करने पर वे कई स्वास्थ्य लाभ प्रदान कर सकते हैं, जैसे कि:
1. एनीमिया के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते लोहे और फोलिक एसिड का समृद्ध स्रोत हैं। फोलिक एसिड मुख्य रूप से लौह अवशोषण के लिए जिम्मेदार है।
2. दस्त के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तों अपच समस्याओं का इलाज करने में बहुत प्रभावी ढंग से मदद करता है। कढ़ी पत्तियों में मौजूद कारबज़ोल अल्कलॉइड्स में एंटी-अतिसार गुण होते हैं। कढ़ी पत्तों की चबाई दस्त और मितली का इलाज करने का एक अच्छा तरीका है।
3. पाचन के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तियों में कारमनेटिवे और हल्के रेचक गुण हैं और इस प्रकार, अपच के खिलाफ अत्यधिक प्रभावी हैं।
4. छाती और नाक में जमाव के लिए: यह विटामिन सी, ए और यौगिकों जैसे कैम्फेरोल जो कि एक बहुत ही शक्तिशाली एंटी-सूजन, विसंकुलक और एंटीऑक्सीडिव एजेंट है, के साथ पैक है। यदि आप एक गीली खाँसी, साइनसाइटिस या छाती में जमाव से पीड़ित हैं, कढ़ी पत्तियों से श्लेष्म के जमाव को रिलीज करने में मदद मिल सकती है।
5. दृष्टि के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते में उच्च मात्रा में विटामिन ए होता है और इसलिए दृष्टि के लिए अच्छा है।
6. रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को बनाए रखने के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते इंसुलिन गतिविधि को प्रभावित करके रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को कम कर देते हैं।
7. कीमोथेरपी के दुष्प्रभावों को कम कर सकते हैं: कढ़ी पत्तों में कीमोथेरेपी और रेडियोथेरेपी के खराब प्रभाव से शरीर की रक्षा करने की अद्भुत क्षमता होती है। यह न केवल क्रोमोसोम और अस्थि-मज्जा को नुकसान से बचाता है बल्कि शरीर में मुक्त कणों का उत्पादन भी रोकता है।
8. कैंसर के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तों में पाए जाने वाले रासायनिक घटकों जैसे फ़िनॉल ल्यूकेमिया, प्रोस्टेट और कोलोरेक्टल जैसे कैंसर से लड़ने में सहायक होते हैं।
9. लंबे, स्वस्थ और सुंदर बालों के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते हमेशा बाल के भूरे होने को रोकने में मदद करने के लिए जाना जाता है। यह क्षतिग्रस्त बालों, लंगड़ा बालों को बाउंस जोड़ने, पतले बालों की शाफ्ट को मजबूत करने, बाल गिरने और रूसी का इलाज करने में बहुत प्रभावी है। कढ़ी पत्ते बालों को पोषक तत्वों की विस्तृत श्रृंखला प्रदान करते हैं जो कि रोम को मजबूत करने में सहायता करता है। कढ़ी पत्ते में उच्च मात्रा में विटामिन बी 6 होते हैं, जो बालों के झड़ने या नुकसान को रोकने के लिए बालों के लिए हार्मोन को नियंत्रित करने में सक्षम है। इसलिए, उनके पास बालों की जड़ और बाल शाफ्ट दोनों को मजबूत करने की क्षमता है।
कढ़ी पत्ते बालों के विकास के लिए एक महान उत्तेजक के रूप में भी काम करते हैं। तेल में मिलाकर सूखी कढ़ी पत्ती पाउडर अपने बालों को एक त्वरित मालिश के साथ लागू किया जा सकता है।
10. कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को कम करता है: एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स से भरा, कढ़ी पत्ते कोलेस्ट्रॉल के ऑक्सीकरण को रोक के एलडीएल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को बनने से रोकते हैं। यह बदले में अच्छे कोलेस्ट्रॉल (एचडीएल) की मात्रा बढ़ाने में मदद करता है और आपके शरीर को हृदय रोग और एथेरोस्लेरोसिस जैसी स्थितियों से बचाता है।
We all know that our intimacy plays an essential role in how we feel about ourselves and how others perceive us. But what happens when one is stuck with paralysis, what’s the effect of this event on our sexual image and performance?
- Paralysis impacts a woman’s sexuality because it changes the physical functioning, sensation and response.
- Apart from all the life changing things that happen post-paralysis, women are also left with a great emotional and sometimes, a physiological burden. They wonder if they can have sex again, and whether it’s possible to get pregnant and have babies.
- Paralysis doesn’t affect physical attraction and the desire for sex. In fact, in many cases, though not all, sexual pleasure is also possible as sexuality in women living with paralysis is less affected than in men.
- Most women with paralysis have no physiological changes that prevent them from having sex.
- But some women who are paralysed from the waist down or neck down may suffer from paralysis of the vagina.
- In this condition, the nerves that feed the vagina become completely dead, leaving a woman with no sensation in her genitals.
- These women are unable to experience the feeling of having penetrative sex or oral or manual stimulation of the genitals or very little.
- Sexual touch and pleasure can sometimes be experienced by women due to the vagus nerve which bypasses the spine.
- The woman thus, has to re-learn other ways of enjoying physical closeness with her partner. It is also often seen that loss of sensation in the genitals is offset by an abundance of sensation in other parts of the body like the neck or just above the point of paralysis.
- Women also have to be trained differently to enjoy penetrative sex by say inserting a finger into their vaginas during penetration as otherwise, they are unable to experience the feelings during penetration due to a paralysed vagina.
Other problems usually found in women with paralysis are
- Autonomic dysreflexia or sudden high blood pressure due to spinal cord paralysis at the time of sexual activity.
- Many women also experience a loss of vaginal muscle control and most are unable to produce enough vaginal lubrication during sex due to the interruption in normal nerve signals from the brain to the genital area.
- Muscle loss can’t be corrected but lubrication can be taken care of by using water-based lubricants like K-Y jelly.
- Also, low sex drive is common among women with paralysis.
- Viagra has been clinically tested on women with spinal cord injuries and it’s been reported to be effective in promoting sexual arousal and sensation during intercourse.
- A woman with paralysis can experience normal orgasm during sex if there is some pelvic denervation, but in women, with paralysed vaginas, a normal orgasm doesn’t seem very likely though researchers are trying to explore more.
- Some researchers think that paralysed women retain an ability to orgasm due to a ‘reflex’ that requires no brain input. Research also indicates that ability to achieve orgasms is independent of neurological impairment.
- What happens more often is that paralysed women quit trying to have an orgasm because they lack or have limited sensation in the genital area.
- Research also suggests that these women can achieve orgasm using an FDA approved clitoral vacuum suction device to treat female orgasmic dysfunction. The device works by increasing blood flow, and improves engorgement of the clitoris and vaginal lubrication and thus enhances orgasm response. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.