Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chaitanya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ChaitanyaYour feedback matters!
I lost my weight due to diabetics from 70 kgm to 57 kgm, my height is 5.8 inch, Pl give tips for gaining wait.
Sometimes I feel there is nothing in my stomach I mean very empty in other word feeling very light stomach.
Sir I have 86 kgs of weight, which I want to lose can you suggest me the proper diet and which exercise I should do to lose my weight and at which time.
My love left me alone and chose his own path. But I am mad about him. Not even a second I can stop thinking of him. I keep crying all the time. How to forget him.
PRP or Platelet-rich plasma is believed to be a good healer. Plasma is a component of the blood that helps the blood to clot. It also possesses a protein that aids in cell growth. PRP is produced by isolating plasma from the blood and then concentrating it. Injection of PRP helps damaged tissue to heal and grow. This method of treatment is extensively used to heal injuries among athletes and sportsmen. PRP has found applications to treat an array of conditions like face rejuvenation and under eyes dark circles.
Applications of PRP:
- Hair Loss: PRP injections are injected into the scalp to promote the growth of hair and prevent the loss of hair. A research conducted in the year 2014 found that PRP can play a significant role in treating male pattern baldness.
- Tendon injuries: Tendons comprise of a thick and tough bunch of tissues that connects the bone to the muscles. Injuries of the tendon take quite some time to heal. Doctors these days extensively use PRP injections to treat an array of conditions such as jumper’s knee, tennis elbow, Achilles Tendonitis, etc.
- Osteoarthritis: Patients suffering from Osteoarthritis can get PRP injections to the knee for a quick relief from pain. A study conducted in the year 2015 found that PRP injections are more effective when compared to hyaluronic acid injections that are used in the traditional treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Acute injuries: PRP injections are extensively used by sports doctors to treat acute conditions such as knee sprains, pulled hamstring etc. At times, doctors use it to repair a ligament that has torn while performing a surgery.
The process of PRP injection:
- The first step involves extracting blood from the patient. The amount of the sample drawn could depend on the site of the injection. A scalp injection requires around 8ml of blood to be extracted.
- The extracted blood is then placed into a centrifuge so that the blood components can be separated. This process takes around 15 minutes.
- A medical practitioner then extracts the plasma from the sample and injects it into the targeted site.
- Imaging techniques such as ultrasound are used to pinpoint the exact affected area. This helps to inject the plasma into the area where it is needed.
What is the cost involved in PRP injections?
PRP is seldom covered under insurance. Most medical insurance companies consider it an experimental treatment and hence refrain from financing it, with all costs being borne by the patient. The cost of the procedure varies depending on the type of condition PRP is being used to treat.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!