Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Catherine GeorgeYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time.
Dear Doctor, I'm an happy individual, but I don't enjoy the company of people, is there anything wrong with me.
Me and my wife are working at two different countries. Now a day I feel that she not giving much time for me and always I feel to talk to her see her on online because I Can't go there alternatively. But when I told all these matter to her that I feel like this. I miss you badly always, she always getting angry at me or laugh at me and my feelings and my love to her. If I talk something to her online her attention change here and there. It hurts me. Because I have only half an hour or one hour to see her to talk to her and listen her voice. I feel there is no importance for me. I feel alone because ours is live marriage. So my parents are not that much supportive. Also she told to me that I am selfish man, I think only about me when I say I miss her. All 24 hrs her memory is hunting me. I don't know what to do. Please help me other wise I will get mad or I will suicide. When I remember all of these my eye got full of tears. I miss her very very badly. But there is no mercy talk from her. Help me Help me there is a lot of things to say, but now I am stopping.
I am 25 year old. Its since 4 years I am feeling depressed. The constant thoughts are running in my mind. Like songs , and what if this will happen, death of family members what will happen then, and songs, all are running constantly. Sometime I think heartbeat is high, sometime I think that my body looking weird. I can not stop myself. Sometime I think that should I do this which is wrong or not but and somehow I stop myself. Please help me. It looks like when I will be cured then world will change. Old memories, childhood memories, or past incidents comes into mind. What to do . I can not sleep a sound sleep. When I wakeup it look like I had not slept. What to do.
I just had a break up from my girlfriend. I was very much emotionally attached to her. But as we have decided that we don't be having future due to some issues not to be in relationship. But it's going very difficult for me. Even if I stopped talking to her I keep om thinking about herself. I can't sleep in night. I am feeling like mentally disturbed and unstable. Please provide me with proper solution.
Procrastination is a phenomenon that all people are familiar with. It is the squandering away of time in the pursuit of meaningless fulfillments at the cost of important targets and responsibilities. The more urgent tasks are constantly being put off for a later time.
In some cases, it becomes a chronic problem that can lead to severe difficulties in life. When one keeps delaying the confrontation of essential commitments, it can have a tremendous negative impact on life in the form of failure, stress, and embarrassment.
Whether you are a chronic procrastinator or an occasional one, there is always room for improvement. Following are a few examples of ways in which you can keep procrastination at bay:
1. Make a list - This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid procrastinating. It is helpful if one lists down all the necessary things that need to be done. Having a visual reminder of tasks and goals can increase motivation to accomplish them at the earliest.
2. Set a deadline - Time management is the most important aspect of avoiding procrastination. For every task that you set yourself, chalk out a time frame within which it must be completed so that no time is wasted.
3. Fragment your goals - Consider breaking your tasks into a set of mini-tasks and tackling each of those at a time instead of trying to accomplish the entire thing at one go. The larger the task, the more overwhelming it appears. Mini-tasks are easier to complete and hence this method can help in the prevention of procrastination.
4. Reward yourself - Devising a reward system that lets you celebrate accomplishments can act as a boost to morale and provide motivation for working consistently. Treat yourself after every achievement as a prize for all your efforts.
5. Eliminate all distractions - There will always be distractions all around that keep you from focusing on your goals. These add to the tendency to procrastinate and must be identified, and removed from the environment in which you are required to work.
6. Start right away - As the saying goes, there's no time like the present. Taking immediate action is the only real way to avoid procrastination. Identify your goals and get started on them at the earliest in order to achieve the fruits of your labor.