Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Catherine GeorgeYour feedback matters!
Technology may be a boon for your love life as due to technology a number of means of communication have evolved, which keep you connected with your loved one in the form of devices, software and applications. However, in spite of its benefits, they are plenty of things that come with technology, which can completeely ruin your love life. Here are some signs that technology may be creating trouble in your paradise:
- You may waste your time checking photos of ex-girlfriends and love interests. You may check out a picture of an ex on her Facebook profile and wonder about a new guy present in the picture. The same may happen with a present lover. These activities create unnecessary complications in your mind which may harm your relationship with your partner.
- You end up spending more time with your smartphone than with your partner. This may affect your relationship, as you are too engrossed with checking social media websites and posting updates instead of paying attention to your partner, who is right by your side.
- Sexting is a common trend in today's world where the exchanging of nude photos between a couple takes place via messengers and chatting platforms. This can be worrisome as you may always be concerned about your pictures getting leaked or exposed.
- You may become technologically clingy. Your partner may have texted you, and you have not been able to reply in spite of reading the text. Modern technology enables a person to see when you have read their message and when there is no response, the speculations creep in. These situation lead to host of other problems.
- It is easy to lie about something online or via texting than saying it face to face. Technology allows you to lie and make untrue statements, which are not true in real life. This creates dishonesty within a relationship.
- With technology, you have too many options at hand and this makes situations difficult. In case you want to go for a dinner with your partner, you might spend hours searching for a good restaurant by going through the ratings online.
- You may spend a lot of time deciphering text messages. Modern day texting is full of abbreviations, short forms and emoticons. Some of these may make you over think stuff, and you may try to decipher meanings from normal texts, which actually have no twisted meaning.
- With so many forms of social media, you may be confused about what to use at which stage or phase. You may think whether you should text first, should you add an interest on Facebook and should you comment on a picture. All this creates confusion and honestly there is no real conversation between you and your partner.
There is no doubt that modern technology has taken the level of communication to a new level. Technology plays significant role in keeping in touch with your friends and loved ones sitting thousands of miles away by bringing them close. But it is high time that you realize that technology is something that has driving you away from your loved one. Make an attempt to have some personal conversations without your phones, laptops and tablets. Watch a movie, go on long drives or late night walks and reignite the love and passion in your relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am a 12 class student. Whenever I study I feel much more stress on my mind. What should I do. Pls help.
I take lots of stress what I should do to be calm composs and relax? Because I know stress is not good for health?
My concentration power is gradually reducing. Same I can sense my nervous disorder, I don't know whether it is calcium deficiency or not. I can see my self not focused from many days. Depression is playing a major role.
I went to neurologist in 2013. He prescribed me antidepressants for 6 months; as a result of that I suffer from depression symptoms. Now whom should I consult? I suffer from many symptoms now.
I don't why suppose if I run for 5 mins after few minutes I feel like did I run now? Again when I was riding bike some tm I am thinking some were else I am diverted every time.
1. Mental Stimulation
Just like we have to exercise the body, we also have to exercise the brain. Reading helps to keep the brain stimulated which can slow the progress of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Doing puzzles and playing games like chess can be just as helpful as reading.
2. Relieve Stress
Reading is a huge stress reliever. A well-written book can sweep you away into another realm, which will allow your tensions to slip away so you can finally relax.
3. Gain Knowledge
Everything you read fills your head up with more knowledge. You never know what you might come in handy. The more you read the more knowledge you will have to tackle future challenges. The best part is no one can ever take knowledge away from you!
4. Memory and mood
I recently finished the book Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, and there was a lot to remember! Each chapter had new characters, towns, and events to follow. Reading will help improve your memory and every new memory you create forges new brain pathways, which strengthens existing ones. This will help assist your short-term memory and stabilize your mood.
5. Stay Focused
Every day we are pulled in a million different directions. The Internet certainly doesn’t help. I find myself working on schoolwork, checking my email, updating my Facebook, and listening to music all at the same time, while getting distracted by ads in my internet browser. Reading can help improve your focus and concentration. When you read a book, all of your attention is focused on what you are reading. Try reading for 15-20 minutes before work and see if you feel more focused throughout the day.
Having more exposure to well written books can improve your writing skills as well. In the same way we learn by watching others we can learn from reading a good book.
7. Free and Fun!
It’s free! Visit your local library or thrift store to find some good books to read. Libraries rotate their stock so you won’t run out of books to read. There are also many sites that will let you download free e-books. So there isn’t any reason not to start reading for fun!