Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Carol Zorina FernandesYour feedback matters!
I am loosing hair quickly and increase in whitening of hair and I am 26 year old and I am also suffering from cold and headache normally.
My gf skin is oily and sensitive type so please suggest any good quality sunscreen for this summer season.
I have dark circles near to my eyes how to. Remove it any home made suggestion or Phil how to avoid that from upcoming.
Dear Doctor, I have rashes on my both legs below knee and consulted a skin specialist and I have been using Fusiwal B cream for the past four months. But I haven’t got relief with this medicine. I have been taking Ecosprin 75 and Storvas 10 for the past 7 years. Will this be the side effect of these medicines? Will you able to advise any other ointment or cream to cure the rashes completely as it is coming again and again.
Alopecia or hair loss is a very common problem for both men and women. Androgenetic alopecia refers to the male pattern or female pattern hair loss. In case of some people, Androgenetic alopecia may be a hereditary problem.
In case of androgenetic alopecia, hair starts falling usually from the crown region. Male pattern baldness is different from female pattern baldness. In case of female pattern baldness, hair falls from all over the scalp region and not just the region above the temples.
Many causes are responsible for Androgenetic alopecia. Genetic reasons, hormonal disorders, increased production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and also aging can make conditions worse.
Androgenetic alopecia can be a very embarrassing problem. There are certain natural as well as medical ways to prevent androgenetic alopecia. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- Drink green tea: Researches show that green tea has anti-androgenic properties, which can help you to prevent androgenetic alopecia.
- Massage oil on your scalp: Massaging your scalp with hair oils like coconut oil provides your hair with the required nourishment and hence, prevents hair fall.
- Try to reduce stress: Stress can increase the secretion of 'cortisol' hormones in your body, leading to a hormonal imbalance, which may result in hair fall. So, reducing stress may help you to prevent excessive hair loss.
- Consider hair transplantation procedure: If you are losing your hair at an alarming rate, then you may consider clinical treatment. The treatment of hair transplantation can help you to prevent further hair loss.
- Change your diet: Include foods such as eggs, fish and walnuts. These foods are replete with protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which provide your hair the required nourishment and help you prevent Androgenetic Alopecia.
- PRP treatment. Platelet rich plasma therapy helps in improving the thickness of the hair by releasing the growth factors needed for the hair growth.
Since the primary causes responsible for androgenetic alopecia are hormonal imbalances and genetic reasons, you may consider seeking advice from a dermatologist in order to find the root cause of your problem and undergo the necessary treatments.