Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C S MallikarjunappaYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter is 3 year old she is shivering has cough and fever I served her mefkind, tercoff and closure for 2 days right now she is shivering pls prescribe me medicines for her.
My son got an episode of febrile seizure (30sec to 1 min duration) at 18 months. Later, the doctor advised for immediate fever medication and tepid sponging whenever he develops fever. Now, at 21 months, we took him to the hospital because of fever again (no seizure), doctor adviced to give him frisium also whenever he develops fever. Frisium 5m bad as divided doses. I want to know if there are any side effects for frisium and will it effect the extremely active nature of my son.(read online). Also, do febrile seizures cause any permanent problem and will he become more prone to epilepsy later in life? kindly help!
My kid is just 3 and 8 months old. He has problem with his eyes that he feels inflammation with his eyes. More often than not, there is a gummy matter in his eyes as well as water running problem is also there especially when he watches TV. However, he doesn't spend more time in watching TV.
My son has adhd, autistic, autism with juvenille diabetes. He gets fits in which he becomes unconsious for a few seconds. He can't speak properly also. We have to get him done his daily essential works. He can't do anything on his own. What can I do for his treatment?
Hello my baby 4 plus old. She some time carry very highly in night and tell I feel that some body kick my neck so I request to your good self what can I do.
My Doctor have advised me to breastfeed my baby in every 2 hours. But how much time should I allow my baby per feeding?
My son has completed one month. He was bottle fed as my milk was insufficient. I took lactare tablets to breast feed but he was unable to latch. Please help me how to make my son to suck my nipple and breast feed.
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
My son is 4 months old having dandruff I am using aveeno baby shampoo but no use. It was like a layer and round patch. Please suggest.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.