Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. C Ranganath


Orthopedist, Bangalore

250 - 300 at clinic
Dr. C Ranganath MBBS Orthopedist, Bangalore
250 - 300 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. C Ranganath
Dr. C Ranganath is a trusted Orthopedist in Srinivasa Nagar, Bangalore. He is a MBBS . You can consult Dr. C Ranganath at Ananya Orthopaedic Centre in Srinivasa Nagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. C Ranganath and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - - -


Book Clinic Appointment

Ananya Orthopaedic Centre

#202, Dharani Complex, 7th Main, 80feet Road, Srinivasanagar. Landmark: Near Srinivasnagar Bus StopBangalore Get Directions
300 at clinic

Sri Vinayaka Hospital

# 1222,80 Feet Road ,Chandra Layout Extension. Landmark : Near Ganesh Temple.Bangalore Get Directions
250 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. C Ranganath

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have herniated disc in L5-S1, so should I go for open surgery or key hole surgery. Which is more effective and have less complications?

MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hello lybrate-user, Not all herniated discs require surgery. The decision to operate is taken by a informed spine surgeon after thoroughly evaluating your problem clinically and examining you. Only if there is correlation of clinical and MRI findings and you have tried non operative methods, should you consider getting operated. Microscopic discectomy is a better option than open discectomy as it leads to less blood loss, faster recovery, less post operative pain and earlier return to work. Regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 70 yrs male having pain neck, shoulders downwards in the back. I am healthy otherwise with free body movements. Let me know what should I do. Thanks.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You have written about pain in neck region and upper back as well. If you have localized back pain with no other symptoms like any radiating pain, neurological symptoms like numbness, weakness, paresthesias etc, then you can start with following recommendations for initial period of 2-3 weeks: - to maintain proper posture of your back while working and sleeping - if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine or paracetamol or one which suits you - physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist and then to continue at home - adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body - ice packs can applied if your pain is acute, then hot fomentation can be done at home - analgesic spray for local application can be used and is easily available. - avoid lifting heavyweight/ acute forward bending in mornings etc we will observe you for next 2-3 weeks how you respond to this conservative management protocol. If you are not feeling better, then we will have to get some investigations like, dynamic x rays of neck and few blood tests for evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from severe back pain since 3 weeks. It is getting severe rather than cure. Could any one suggest me what to do?

Take rest, avoid physical work and forward bending, start analgesics and muscle relaxants and if possible get done Xray of lower spine.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi my wife is having some infection in her ear. The ear looks completely filled with white wax or so. She is having issue in listening though that ear. This happened a week back. We checked with docots they gave dops but it didn't worked One specialist at Holy family told for surgery Please suggest.

Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Faridabad
Put some waxolytic solvents in the ears this will dissolve the wax if you put this nearly 10-12 time per day, if wax comes out by itself than fine otherwise get it clean from ear consultant and remember you should not try it by yourself.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 56 years old female. I am feeling numbness in my right hand and also shivering. And unable to breathe properly.

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Patna
These are symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety may cause excessive worries, inability to relax, fear of something going wrong along with palpitation, increased heart rate, breathlessness, chest pain, dryness of throat and mouth, dizziness, headache, sweating, tremors, tingling and numbness of limbs, churning sensation in abdomen etc. If you have many of these symptoms, then consult a psychiatrist in your locality who may assess you in detail for any anxiety disorder and prescribe you few medicines and/or psychotherapy for cure. I wish you all the best.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother suffers from serious knee problem. She can not walk normally, please help her to give suggestion what she do at this stage.

M.D. (Ayurveda )
Ayurveda, Patiala
kindly take dhanvantaram kshsyam, 2 tsf in half a glass of luke warm water before meals, twice a day. Take mahayogaraja guggal tabs, 2 tabs twice a dayt after meals. Take maharajaprasarani oil capsules, 2 caps, twice a day, 1 hr after meals wiht half a cup of warm milk. Apply dhanvantarm oil over the knee, gently, twice a day. Cut down the intake of sugar, salt in your diet. continue the regime for 2 months. stay in touch. good luvck
2 people found this helpful

I have six fingers in left hand in a thumb so I can operate it but no pain in hand.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi. You need to undergo surgical removal of the extra finger from a surgeon and for that he will administer an anesthesia, so that you wouldn't be able to feel the pain during surgery.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi sir, I am 32 years old male. I have rheumatoid arthritis. Any medicine for it. and any particular diet.

FRAS, MD - Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Ernakulam
Ra can be well managed with ayurveda treatment and pancha karma, consult a ayurveda specialist in your city or come to kerala for authentic ayurveda treatment.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I have pain in ankle and there is a injury please suggest me to how to reduce the pain.

Md ayurveda
Ayurveda, Bangalore
Make sure there is no minor fracture by taking xray or mri, if there only sprain in ankle apply dry ginger powder paste on the ankle and leave for 15 min and wash the area, apply crape bandage till the pain reduces. Do it for 7 days without fail.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm a 21 year old male. When I was around 10, my arm got fractured from the joint. So the doctor plastered my arm. But when the plaster removed after 1-months, it was dislocated. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to make it to its normal shape again.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
the dislocation can be corrected surgically ..get in touch with a nearest good orthopedician for that
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Having severe pain in heels of both feet. Any new MCP slippers that I wear provides relief for around 2 weeks alone. There seems to b inflammation on side of heel after prolonged standing and walking. Xray reveals extra bone growth. What should be the course of action to b taken to bring a permanent solution. Please advice.

Diploma in Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy)
Physiotherapist, Ranchi
Aap cold pack kare 20 mint soft shoes used kare khali pao nhi chale hard surface pe na chale calf muscles ke stretching exercise kare not relief then contact me thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What should be diet for chickengunia patience? She also suffering from pain in legs.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a college student and I have a back pain while sleeping so what should I do.

Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Hi, do hamstring stretching and back strengthing exercise, and if you no swimming than go for swimming it's very helpful for back.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife 39 years old. She is suffering from back pain their is problem of slip disc. Nowadays the pain is very severe. She cannot stand in the kitchen for 5 minute. Kindly sugges he a medicine. Thanking you

MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Physiotherapist, Indore
Pregabalin and mithilcobelamin and tell her to apply heat and if possibal take her to physiotherapy. Thanks and regards dr. Ritesh kharnal
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from knee pain last 1 year. My knee pains a lot. What should I do?

Bachelor Of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Noida
Hii do knee strengthening exercise 4 time in a day like straight leg raise while sitting. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir my problem is my back bone is pain for 2months what solution this problem sir I am 27year old women.

Fellowship in Joint Replacement, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Dhamtari
Backaches in your age is mostly mechanical pain. If the pain is not radiating to your thigh or leg then it can be effectively treated by a course of Analgesics and Back and abdominal muscle strengthening exercises. Hot water fomentation and analgesic gel will also help. Please consult with X Rays if symptoms persist
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 22 year old & I have backache. I have tried yoga also but no result. What should I do?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Greater Noida
Dear , there are many yoga aashanas. I am afraid which aashana you have opted to cure backache. Please Share more details about your health condition along with height, weight and daily routines etc. Kind regards
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I got ankle twist and it's swelling what to do? I dnt want to have fracture it's paining while walking.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Tk rest avoid strain avoid long standing apply ice and hot pack for 20 min alternative. Twice a day. And apply pain relief ointment and cover by bandage if it work then ok otherwise tk physiotherapy treatment wax, ultrasonic therapy, for few days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 35 years old working as a physics teacher in a school. I have met with accident for last 6 years ago and my three bones of legs are fractured so, doctors of gandhi hospital has inserted three rods in my 2 thigh and one in right legh. Now I want the rods to be removed from my legs. So please tell me whether can I have a surgery to remove rods or else let the rods to be in the legs, but am getting pain at the point of screw inserted not at the fracture. Can you please suggest me what I should do. Is any harm in future. And when I should rods to remove? please guide me in right way so as to get red of the problem.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am dr akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. Since your surgery was done 6 years back, I guess the fractures must have healed by now, you can get fresh x rays done and then send it across to me, once I see them I will let you know what needs to be done. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards Dr Akshay kumar saxena Consultant orthopaedics fortis hospital, new delhi
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a L3 L5 disk problem in last 3 months, I consulted a doctor but he told to go for the surgery but I don't have interest please let me know the suggestion??

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Dear lybrate user as per your description you are having lumbar spondylitis due to disc bulge or disc protrusion. Surgery is the very last option, you have not mention your correct age, I hope it is not 10 yrs. First of all if it is not very severe start doing bhujang - asana, tad-asana, surya- namaskar, if you cannoy do all the steps of surya namskar, you can skip few, as per your body says. Apply medicated oil on your back and do hot fomentation. Your you are having constipation, take 1 spoon of castor oil with milk at night. Consult for proper medication.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed