Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. C.r. SwamyYour feedback matters!
Hi, From last few days I've been suffering from pain in my veins from my neck to kidneys. Whenever I eat something after sometime I start feeling the pain. What could be possible reasons?
She always having a complaint of body pain for that she is taking combiflam which is not good for the body and she also have b. P. So what to do so her this problem get solved.
I am 52 years old, I am doing clerical work. Now I am suffering from cervical spasm, neck sprain and strain, paining left shoulder and arm. Kindly suggest what should I do.
I am have get sudnley fever. What should have to do now, I am felling cold and also body pain. In this what I have to take treatment please suggest me faster then faster.
Hello, I am 27 year old and from last 3 days my sperm continuous coming out. I am having body pain and also left ball is very paining.
Hi. I am feeling tiredness and also body pain, weakness in my thai. Leg. Pl suggest. Age about 36 yrs. Married.
I am 16 year teenager I have nt slept for 2 days and has a severe head ache and body pain what should I do.
My ass pole getting pain at nit 9 o clk will b started am going to toilet and came to sleep this pain will happen. When ever going to bed pain will came now am sitting in one side pain will be little poor what's the problem and how it solves?
I feel sleepy and lazy whole day and also suffering from body pain, what should I do? Please suggest.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.