Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C Prakash
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C PrakashYour feedback matters!
My sister's delivery has done in november 22 now child is 8 month old. My question is my sister didn't got periods till now why this happening is there any problem?
I am 30 years old. I got intimated last night. My husband ejaculated little sperm outside Then I gave him oral and we had sex without protection. Is there a need to take Ipill? And even I had missed my periods this month. Did home pregnancy test shows negative? Do taking ipill is harmful? Plzz suggest.
Sir, My age is 22. And I am suffering from severe itching around my clitoris & inside vagina. When I apply V-Wash it itches more. There are some scratchy marks also present. I have also tried a ointment namely EBERNET but It's of no use. Please help me. I want to know what is the problem cause and precautions.
Doctor, I am also spotting brownish red few drops just once in a day also watery cm from past 3-5 days. Could this be implantation bleeding or impending periods? I was due on 2nd march so confused now if I could still be pregnant.
Hello Doctor. Pregnancy Doubt. delayed period. Me and My partner Tried sexual intercourse on June 14th and 15th. I took ipill 14th even and used Condom on 15th nite. Already I got ma normal period June 1st wk itself. Now June 27th to July 1st 5 days I got bleeding. Again June 19th and 20th also 2 days only I got bleed. Now august Month I did not Get ma Normal Period Still dnt knw y? ANY Chance fa Pregnancy? please help me. I want Detailed Ans. Thanx in Advance.
Meri age 26 h meri abhi delivery hui h or meri breast loose ho gyi h iske liye m kya kru please suggest me.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest.