Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C N ReddyYour feedback matters!
Is it ok to make my 13 months old son drink farm milk. Till today we used dexolac formula. Give suggestion.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 4 year's old. She didn't eat properly. While Eating food she used to cry. She dont want have any food. So, What should I do?
My 4 year old son has caught cold while playing outside one week before. That time he was suffering from fever and severe ear pain. I shown him to ENT specialist .he prescribed Taxim-o for seven days. He also prescribed brufen (to reduce ear pain) for two days and told after two days give brufen whenever necessary. Now the problem is even after 5 days he is still suffering from ear pain and I have to give brufen even he used to cover his ears most of the times. Any suggestion how to proceed with this. Initially he said putting warm clothe eases his ear pain.
My daughter is 2.4 years old. She is suffering from skin disease since 10_12 days. Some acne like thing is there on her face,head ,hands and legs which itches very much. Her HB is 8.2 nd other tests are normal. We have visited several doctors including skin specialist. They all say that its just allergy. But no medicine is curing her perfectly. What should I do? She is getting very irritated of itching
Girl child age 2 months ssuffered with high spasmoding cough since 4th apr stated treated with agumantin & cough syp, steam inhation for 6 days but there no proper response cpc, crp & chest xray done hb 9.2 tlc 13600 p32 l 62 e4 mi crp -3.6 xray shows shadow pneumonitis sugested treated with nimkcin pep-30 monosef and other measure adopted to prevent there is marginally response to cough but not complete clear rpt xray was clear tlc 13100 no fever between treatment. But there was no reilf with cough when ever wake up a deep cough started and in night after 2 o clock more frequancy, cough is still runs but duration is very less to earlier interwel time also less. All antibiotic stoped on 20th apr child is on cough syp ascorole my and plain steam. A digital xray was done that wnl except superior mediastinum is widened due to enlarged thymus glands on the rt side. All above conclusion is that cough is not in complete relief.
Hi my baby was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux with suspected uti. And was put on antibiotics till date. She was 2 months old at diag. Now she is normal. Should we need to continue the med. Dose 1.5ml septron.
My daughter is 5 months and while I was going to clean her diaper I saw little transparent discharge so I cleaned the area is it something to be concerned about please help.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.