Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.MunichoodappaYour feedback matters!
I am 61 years old male & diabetic for the past 21 years. I am regularly taking insulin as per the doctor's advise. Now I am suffering from pain in the leg ligaments & stiffness of legs for the past 6 months. Pain killers, Calcitrol, cholecalciferol and other regular medicines are taking daily. Please advise me.
I am 26 years old. And my uric acid level is 7.8.is it a danger level? Which food and medicine I will take?
My mother is suffering from diabetes. She takes medicines like dbose and another one. She has gone through many blood tests. But every time her sugar level increases. It is not controlled. She is a teacher. please tell me what to do for prevention and cure. Or exercise.
My bp is 130/80 doctor take me medicine stamlo 2.5 mg for last 2 month before I take medicine my bp is 150/90 so, can I stop my medicine ,my thyroid ,2d, stress test report is normal. Please give me suggestion.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.
Hello doctor this is sandeep. My father is suffering from diabetics from 12 years daily he is talking isuleine although he is maintain the perfect diet. Suggest some detailed regulars to follow.
Dear doc I am hypothyroid from 17 years taking thyroid supplements now I am 57 years ht 4'10 and wt 73 kg. Recently i'm diagnosed with rheumatic arthritis. How do I loose weight?
My father is a patient of diabetes, what should he eat and what should he neglect to keep help the maintain the sugar level.
I am suffering thyroid since 5-7 years I wish to get rid of same. I am taking Thyronorm 100 mg pls. Advise. I want to control my weight.
My weight at present is 94 kg. There is no thyroid problem nor any diabetic conditions. I want to lose weight, we are also planning for baby. My height is 5'4.pls suggest diet plan n exercises to lose weight gradually. I am also on multivitamin tab as prescribed by my gynae.
I am srinivasan age 53 having diabetic past 7 years regularly taking medicine but this month it is F -223 PP - 414 and urine sugar is F - + PP - +++ I want to know the meaning of +
My mother has been experiencing diabetes and I have been following all prescriptions of Doctor but some times she gets cured and some times not now please give me a solution.
My husband 15 days ago we found that he is having hypo-thyroid but before 6 months found that he is having high blood pressure. But he always suffers from acidity problem whether there acidity is the cause for BP and thyroid problem. Specify what treatment should be taken and which doctor to refer ?
I have sugar and high pressure. What I can eat? What should I do to control my sugar and high pressure?
Hello, I am DR Vaishali Sharma. I am practising as a consultant Gynaecologist in South Delhi.
If you have any problem in conceiving naturally, then when to consult a gynaecologist. You should know that if your age is below 30-35 years then you can try naturally for one year. But if you are coming close to 35 years then I think that 6 months of natural conception is enough because you should not waste much time after the age of 35 years.
What are the options to increase the chance of pregnancy?
- The best thing is that you should go for Pre- conceptional counselling. But if you are not doing so then you should know that the best chance of conception is during the mid cycle, that is, if you have a cycle of 28-30 days then the best time for pregnancy is 10-16 days after your cycle. The number of days we are calculating here are from the 1st day of the cycle. So, this is the best time from which you can calculate naturally.
- The other thing is the kit that is available in the market to know what is the time of Ovulation, that is when the egg is released. So, these are the very commonly available in the market. YOu should use them from the 10th day of the cycle and then you have to use them daily, preferably in the afternoon period and you have to do the urine test yourself. If you find the two dark lines on it, that means you will be ovulating.
- Then if you find that you will not be able to conceive from these methods then you should go the nearby gynaecologist. She may advise you basic investigation from basic workup. For example a blood test, semen analysis and so on. And if the basic investigation area coming normal, then you are advised to have medicines. These medicines are roughly for 5 days. This is called Ovulation Induction. They basically increase the chances of ovulation and egg release. So, this thing you can try for 3-4 months but this has to be done under the guidance of Gynaecologist. We advise them to take 5 tablets during their periods. We call them from the 9th day of their cycle and perform an ultrasound to see whether the eggs are formed or not. Once the eggs are there and the appreciable size of 18mm is attained, then we give the injection to release the eggs. After this, we tell the patients that this is an appropriate time to try the conception. This way if the couple is not able to conceive within 6-8 months, then we advise them to go for either the injections, which will help in the formation of eggs.
- Or we advise them to go for IUI (Intrauterine Insemination). One most important point is that before suggesting IUI to the patient, the tubal testing is a must. That is usually advised HSG and SSG. In this way, we show that both the tubes are patent. In case there is a problem in semen or there is some problem with the male like the premature ejaculation or difficulty in performing. In such cases, we advise the patient to visit an endocrinologist. And the final option we give them is IUI. Through this, 50% of the patients are able to conceive in 6 months and another 50% of the patients are able to conceive in another 6 months. The cumulative success rate is come out to be around 75%.
- In case the patient is not able to conceive after injections and IUI then we usually advise them to go for Laparoscopy treatment. This is a diagnostic and therapeutic option because, in this, the woman has to get admitted to the hospital and we directly look through the Laparoscope, that is camera through which we are able to know if the tubes are blocked, any difference in the location, a relationship between the ovaries and the tubes. In this way, we are able to detect and correct it. It is a painless procedure and the woman has to admit in the hospital for 8 hours. THis is minor operation in which 2-3 stitches are there. BUt this is mandatory before proceeding further. After doing laparoscopy we are going to tell patients that the tubes are open and you can continue with the Ovulation induction and IUI. In that way, you will have the chances of pregnancy. And even after the Laparoscopic surgery, the tubes are blocked, then we suggest our patients for the IVF that is the test tube baby. If the tubes are blocked then IUI will not be helpful.
- IVF surgery is also advisable when the female partner is close to the age of 40 or so. After the age of 35 years, the quality of the eggs in the female ovary will decline sharply. So, sometimes the IVF is suggested directly to the patients in case ovarian reserves are poor.
- In case IVF test tube baby is advisable, then we have lot many options.
So, if you want to take an appointment, you can visit me at Asian clinic in GK-1 or you can consult me through Lybrate for the audio and the video call consultations.