Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C M ShivananYour feedback matters!
My Daughter of 9 years old is suffering from Bed Wetting problem. We consulted few Allopathy and ayurvedic Hospitals but of no use. Kindly suggest me what to do to solve the problem?
1. My 5 week old baby s giving some wired sound while sleeping and even she's awake sometimes at time of feeding. I don't know why she's giving such sound. It makes me worry. Can. you please tel me is this normal or any issue. Do I need to give any medicine for tat. 2. Daily she poops frequently. More than 10 times. Max of 15. To 2o times per day.When checked with Dr. Dr said its normal and will change after 30 days. Now she's 5 weeks old but still same.I'm Worrying alot. Pls help me 3. Crying while urinating and passing poops. Daily giving water. Only breastfeeding. What should I do. Pl help Dr. This s my first baby. I m very much worried.
Doctor, My son is 1 year 8 months old. He has not vaccinated with IPV due to unavailability of the same. He has taken 6 doses of OPV. Can he be vaccinated with IPV now? Kindly let me know the procedure. Regards
I am getting cold attacks frequently following by dry cough. Everytime the doctor prescribes antibiotics. I would like to know why this is happening so frequently and what remedial actions can be taken.
My child's age is 3 years old and His weight is only 10 kg and I consulted Dr. for gain his weight but nothing happen. Kindly suggest me what to do for gain his weight.
My niece is of 6 years n got some sores on her toes after getting treatment it reduced but later it spreads to another tow too. Treatment for same is going on but Dr. is saying at least it is not increasing by his medicines but we want to get rid of it as she can't walk properly due to it and it pains. For school We drop her to class seat and pick her up from there. I want to even share pics of her toes and medicines. Pls suggest.
Hello, my daughter is 5+ n she is having fever n boils r coming all over her body. I think she is going through chickepox. Please suggest me. To get rid of this.
Hello doctors My son 3.5 month old is not passing stool from last 3 days. Is it ok or need any medicine for this?
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages.