Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C M ShivananYour feedback matters!
My 6 month old received 1st dose of pcv and hib y'day. Now he has developed skin rashes in hos legs and hands as well. There is, no fever or any other noticeable changes. Is this allergic reaction to the vaccine? Does this require medical attention?
My son is 6 year old and he is always suffering from cold it's summer or winter his nose is always flowing please share tips for his health.
What should I do for the underweight of my daughter. She is 4 & 1/2 yes she us very slim eat everything. But, did not work. Advise me. Wht to do?
I have a 4.5 month old baby and my milk supply has dropped down as I feed him with formula milk. I want to breastfeed him again but he refuses to respond due to low milk supply. Please suggest how can I get more milk so that he breastfeeds again.
My daughter is 10 weight 31, has been given augmenting 625 mg, three times a day for ear infection. Is the dosage all right?
I am a 16 years old boy and I am very thin even I eat my foods at time homemade foods. What should I do?
My baby is 9 months old .some times getting sweating back of the head. Is getting any problem and getting any fever. Please suggest.
My daughter is seven and she gets cold attack every night her nose gets blocked and she freaks out as it becomes very uncomfortable for her to breathe. She doesnotven have cold in a days times that affects her.
Hi doctor, My son is 5 months old he has loose motions problem every second day his pediatric advise stool routine test. The test result is mucous-present parasites not detected, occult blood-trace, starch granules and fat globules present, pus cells-40-50embedded in mucous n rest everything absent. My pediac said its bacterial infection n no need of stool culture test. N to start with antibiotic. please advise should I start antibiotic or go for stool culture.
My friend daughter who is 12 year old she is frequently bleeding from nose. We have consulted few doctors but no relief. Kindly suggest.
My son is now 18 month .usko karib 2 month se constipation ki problem h.latrine bahut tight hota h use bahut pain v hota h black latrine karta h.jab uska kal chek up karwaya to Dr. Ne ise blood ki kami bataya. Bt doc ne avi blood banne ka koi medicine nhi diya h.wo avi sirf ek neopeptine or laxil syrup diya or 5 days me waapas check up k liye bulaya. Mujhe aapse v help chahiye aap kuch uske diet k liye help karo or blood fast banne ka v kuch upay batao. Because Im very worry about my son .uski health bahut hi down ho gyi h.uski weight v kafi kam h 12 kg. Kya usr junior horlicks diya ja sakta h.or ek din me food k saath milk kitna amount me de sakte h. .pls rply?
Conjunctivitis, also known as pinkeye, is a very common eye disease. Though it is not harmful, anyone suffering from this infection must consult a doctor and receive treatment so that it can be cured in 7 to ten days.
Conjunctivitis can be treated through a range of medical treatments. Usually, one goes to an optometrist but have you tried consulting a homeopathic for a change?
Advantages of Homeopathy
Natural medicine: Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine and is considered to be an alternative form of medicine. It would not aggravate the problem, but it would find a quick solution to relieve you from it. Allopathic medicines contain certain chemicals and drugs which might not be suitable for many individuals.
Can fight all the symptoms of conjunctivitis: This disease has some common symptoms. Some of them are redness, swelling of the eye, yellow discharges, water flow from the eyes, and others. These symptoms can be well managed by homeopathic medicines as well. These medicines work to heal the root cause of the disease and cure it.
You recover quickly: Usually it takes around a week to t10 days for conjunctivitis to completely heal. For this period, it is advised that the affected person stays indoors to avoid contamination and spread of the disease. Adhering to homeopathy can actually reduce the time span of this disease, thereby completely healing you in no time and so that you can go about your daily routine.
No side effects: Most medicines are made of drugs and chemicals and have various side effects. But with homeopathy being a naturally sourced medicinal option, the chances of having side effects are less. However, it is advisable to know beforehand if homeopathy suits you or not. If it does, then there are lesser chances of side effects.
The above factors have made it clear that conjunctivitis can be easily treated with homeopathic medicines. In case homeopathy suits you, then it might be a good idea for you to follow this course of medicine to treat this disease.
Homeopathic Medicines For Conjunctivitis
Here are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for allergic conjunctivitis-
The dosage and the exact medicine varies from patient to patient and depends on the severity of the problem. This does not in any way mean that only these 5 homeopathic medicines that can be used in conjunctivitis. There are dozens of other medicines that are required at times depending on individual symptoms of the patient. It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any such medication.
Hello everybody my baby girl is 15 days old but she not going toilet before 3 days she taking mother milk urine passing clear what is reason of no passing stool please tell me and what is the treatment.
Sir ,a baby (girl) 4 month old . We heard snoring sound from his chest. What kind of treatment We can be give. Please advise me.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My 4 year old son has expressive language delay, will everything get well by time or some medication or therapies are required?
Sir, My 7 year old daughter is suffering from low level of thyroid. Her growth is not normal at this age. Mentally she is good but her physical growth is bad. Her nails also didn't growing from last more than 10 months. Kindly suggest me what to do.
I am 17 years old male I have digestion problem food doesn't digest like common man in general digestion time, and I feel very weakness and laziness and I have itches in some of body parts like neck, hand, chest since 8 months and I tried many medicine but nothing happen.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.