Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. C D KhalandarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have a red eye for three days. It is very painful. Eyes are watering badly. Can you please let me know what can I do?
Hello doctor I am 20 yrs, since 8th months my right hip was paining while sleeping and riding scooty so doctor suggested me to go for MRI ,during mri of my hips I was trying to straightening my hips and doing some little movements so my question is these movements enough to loss information by the mri machine? Can it loss some information if there is existence of tumor or cancer?
I have headaches and I feel sleepy and tired everyday. I dont know what is happening? I am not able to open my eyes it hurts and my eyes become heavy.
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid fats unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
Sir I have squint with very law eye vision. I was check out by chitrakoot netralaya. They said it has no permanent solution it has temporary solution. I m 19 year old plzzz tell can treat. It if yes then how plzzz tell me.
I have very much felt like burning in my eyes last two days, so what should I do? Please consult on this matter (I have bed habitat to sleep a lot, I still awake very late at night. Is it responsible to my problem) I am 20, Dmlt student also.
I am sufferer of hypermetropia. What guidelines should I follow to improve my vision as well as my eye sight?
There is very small particle of jiletin plastic is sticked in my eye for long time (in corner of lower lid). It is not uncoftable for me. I do not have any type of problem with my that eye. My doctor also not able to see it. Is this harmful for my eyes? Does it lead to eye cancer? Or eye damage or blindness? If ignored?
This problem about my eys? I am doing a desk job with computer, from some days I noticed that my eyes are not working as before? Should I go to doctor?
I have allergy of type runny nose, watery eyes and continuous squeezing from two years. When I take medicine, I feel normal but after that, again same process starts. Is there possible permanent solution for it.
Hie! I am 20 years old. I am wearing specks and the power in both the eye is (-1.25). Soo are lenses r gud for eyes. I am planning to use lenses. And yes which brand r suitable for lenses. I want to wear it only occasionally lyk in a month I ll nly wear it fuh 10 days. Soo suggest meh is there any prob with lens.
My right eye generally is filled with tear type water specially after waking up to take bath and during the day while i work on computer.
I have eye sight of (-6) for right eye and (-7) for left eye i'm 21 years female. Doctor told me my retina was week as a part my job I have to work on computer for long time how can I improve my retina status please tell me.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.