Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C D Khalandar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C D KhalandarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and I want use lens for my eyes because my eye sight is not good days whyy but its any side affect for lens in my future life tell the ans.
I am 25 years of age boy, sitting most of the time in front of computer and screen. I was having dryness because of that, using misty eye drops for that. My question is that ,Is it OK to use misty eye drops regularly for dry eyes?
Sir, I want to join Indian army, and I am suffering from eyesight weakness, my left eye became weak and right eye is 5/6 , I want to remove my spectacle within three months, is isotane gold effective for the treatment or eyesight RX will be?
Dear sir if I have RD in my one eye for 10 Years and can not see with it. Is there any chance my good eye will have rd in future due to effected eye.
I am having follicular conjunctivitis. I am putting an eye drop'acupat' as prescribed by doctor. My question is that my eyes are sunken deep. What could be the reason? Please help me doctor.
My wife had a cataract surgery. How long will it take for complete recovery. She still has blurred vision. Other eye operation is also to be done. Please advice.
I consulted Eye Surgeon for irritation in my eyes as well as redness after taking bath .He has advised eye drops GenTeal of novartis. I used for two months but no improvement.
I'm 20years old boy. I'm having swelling in my both eyes and it's painful also. There also something like pimple inside eyelid. What should I do?
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!