Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. C Caroline ArulYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor. thanks for your advice. Now that the pus has oozed out from an opening above the teeth where the inside of lip and the muscle of teeth meet. And for now there is no swelling, no pain, no puss. So should I visit a dentist to access my case. Or can I wait for my 10th to get over and then fix the teeth. Please help. Thank you.
I am 18 years old and a girl. I have been having fever for the last 3 days. 100c and sore throat and a little bit of flu. And also i've been having pain in my gums. According to my mother its wisdom tooth pain and fever. I took 2 panadol extra 4 times to lower my temperature. I kind of scratched my own gums with my teeth. It used to irritate but now it pains. My jaw is a little stiff too and its irritating and making me want to scratch it again which now hurts. What's happening?
ये तो हमारी साधारण जानकारी है कि दांतो की कैविटी एंड मसूड़ो की बीमारियों से अच्छे से ध्यान रखने से बचाया जा सकता है| यह सिर्फ बड़े लोगो के लिए ही नहीं बल्कि छोटे शिशुओ के लिए भी जरूरी है |
Getting your teeth cleaned may give you more than a sparkling white smile -- it may give you something to smile about, like your health.
In a large study, people who had their teeth professionally scaled at least once every two years were 24% less likely to have a heart attack, compared with those who skipped the hygienist. Scaling cleans between the gums and the teeth.
And their risk of stroke dropped by 13%, says study researcher zu-yin chen, md, a cardiology fellow at the veterans general hospital in Taipei, Taiwan.
Sir/Mam. Day to day my teeth become yellow in colour, I thought stain affected my teeth. So tell me how to I'll get shining teeth. Is there any medicines for this? Can you say what is the treatment?
When I drink cold water or even mild water and have tangy eatables there is shooting pain in my teeth and its not in all the teeth the one which is having cavity is the only teeth which causes shooting pain sooo is ds dangerous.
I have bleeding when I did brushing, and many times I have poor smell in my mouth, please tell me what should I do.
Hi from few days I am feeling sensitivity in both the sides of my tooth's specially when I eat sweet I consulted dentist he gave me tablets but it znt working well. What should I do?
Foul smell comes from my mouth whole day even if I brush my teeth two times a day Please give quick response to my question and give effective ways to eliminate this problem.
I am male, age. 18. The skin over my tooth (i do not know if they are called gums) are reducing. I was using hard tooth brush but changed to soft a month ago, but it did not made any difference. Please tell me the reasons and remedy. Thankyou.
I have teeth problem. Cold or warm items create pain in my teeth. Also my teeth not strong. I want your suggestion. Sometime I used to clove oil to avoid pain.
If there is starting cavity in any boby teeth. Then what should he do for it. Is he concerned to any doctor. There is no any type of pain in teeth or no any problem. This may be first stage of cavity.
I have an teeth problem. When I eat something my teeth are pain& at the time of sleeping my teeth are pain. Aftrol I brush two time. What should I do?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.