Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Are there any disadvantages of ICL surgery for eyes in long run? and Is the surgery permanent or lens have to be replaced after few years?
I can' t see from my right eye. First cataract, then rd. Rd failed 2 years back. Since then I am blind on my right eye. Can eye transplantation help or is it possible?
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia.
1. Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
2. Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
3. Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
4. Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
5. Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.
What are the symptoms of cancer and how to see it. Is it heal soon with treatment or medicines? Is it sure to have diabetes while having cancer?
I'm 25 years old I was doing my left eye operation because it's some scratches after accidentally then I clear but I can not clear after some days then I check my eyes at Dr. He take me report following 1.50/-1.50/90° and he advised me for tonic lenses so please tell me what is better for me goggle or lenses because I have medical in difference ministry so which good for that.
I am 53 years old and for the last 15 days I have problem in eyes. At night bright light flashes in my right eye in dark and also I am experiencing muscle pain in my hand, back and sometimes on legs? I am not diabetic. Please suggest me something.
I'm 26 years old, and I had cataract surgery on my left eye a month ago. My right eye is also affected by the same type of cataract, which is a posterior subcapsular cataract?
Actually I have headache every night these days continuously so please give me perfect advice. Please tell me immediately. And also I have serious problem related to eye tell me smthng related to eye irritation.
I am 24 years old male. I'm using eyeglasses from my childhood but my site is getting increased. Before 2 years eye site of left and right were 0.75 and 0.25 respectively but now it is increased to 1.00 and 0.75. I am using computer more than 6 hours a day. Will it affect my eye.
I had red eyes over 3 days, what is the reason behind that and what is cure for that and am 25 years old male, how can I get overcome this.
I have red eyes for few days. When I use computer my eyes get reddish. Please give me suggestion what I do and few day have head ace.
I was suffering from eye disease which is very make allergy to me as if you can make a solution please do it soo.
What does the term" cataract mature mean. Pl explain. How long can one wait to get the cataract operated?(i've been diagnised with cataract 2 months ago? Please Advise.
I am 20 old I have eye problem I was consulting doctor for last 10 months they given medicines but not getting normal there are its an allergy.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.