Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Bt RajuYour feedback matters!
For most of us it is important that we can give our female partners that much needed release, but it is not always the case that they attain it. An orgasm is a sexual release that is highly intense in nature and something a person reaches as a normal culmination of the act of having sexual intercourse. Yet, there are many conditions where women do not orgasm. This may be due to a condition known as orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia, or even due to stress and anxiety or other chronic health issues. Whatever the reason may be not being able to reach an orgasm after attaining the peak of your excitement and ample stimulation can be quite a dampener. So, here are the myths and truths about female orgasms.
- No orgasm is not abnormal: There is nothing wrong with a woman who cannot reach an orgasm merely through intercourse. This is a major myth that medical science seeks to debunk. To begin with, there are only about a third of women who can reach an orgasm with the help of intercourse. A third can reach orgasm during intercourse, but they do need extra stimulation. A third can reach an orgasm only with the help of manual or oral stimulation.
- It's all in the mind: Anyone who thinks that not being able to have an orgasm is a matter of being in a psychological space where it does not happen, could be mistaken. While stress could result in a few episodes where the female cannot achieve an orgasm, there is an actual condition that encompasses the problem of not being able to orgasm. This is called anorgasmia which could be global (never had an orgasm), or situational (cannot achieve orgasms in certain situations). This condition is tied to the mental and physical condition of the female in question.
- Frigid or suffering from relationship problems: This is yet another myth that many people harbour. A female may be perfectly normal and happy in her relationship. There may be many other causes for not being able to achieve an orgasm including side effects of certain types of medication, or due to the presence of other chronic ailments.
- Nothing one can do about It: Well, this one is a major myth. If the female is not being able to orgasm, then there is plenty that one can do about it. To begin with, the woman can try relaxation techniques. Also, her partner can encourage her to try other means of stimulation like manual stimulation, or oral stimulation.
It is important to address issues like intimacy and not being able to orgasm with your doctor and your partner with the help of counselling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello I am feeling tightness in my foreskin and I am26 years old and when I remove foreskin it gives me pain so I want to know what to do and if circumcision is necessary whats it cost and whats the procedure.
I have lost interest in sex from 6 months. I am not getting any sexual feelings. My penis erects but not eagers to enter in a hole. What should I do?
I will restrict myself to heterosexual functioning e. G impotence and frigidity.
Sexual disability in men may take various forms-1) absence of sexual desire for the sexual partner or absence of libido in general;
2) inability to procure erection
3) inability to sustain erection
4 inability to ejaculate in spite of well sustained erection;
5) premature ejaculation.
1) mostly psychogenic, anxiety for performance failure and haste;
2) uncontrolled diabetes;
3) some blood pressure lowering drugs
4) psychiatric treatment
Anxiety due any cause, masturbation anxiety is possibly quite a common factor, but any form of anxiety or depression can cause impotence.
Some men subconsciously identify their sexual partner with their mother or sister and incest taboo asserts itself and they are impotent with their wives but may be potent with other sexual partners.
Other men associate the sex act with aggression and violence.
Ejaculatory impotence is much rarer.
Another type is the professional man" s impotence. They simply burn out due to their work load and odd working hours.
Disturbances in women may be-
2) vaginismus (involuntary spasm of vaginal muscles, always psychogenic)
Frigidity is lack of sexual feeling in women and may vary from
An intense feeling of revulsion to any sexual advance to varying sexual arousal without orgasm.
1) anatomical defects;
2) physiological deficiency in endocrine glands;
3) lacked sexual instructions from parents
4) husband" s ignorance of sex technique
5) painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
6) physiological during lactation
7) psychological-fears of pregnancy, inadequate stimulation, premature ejaculation, depression and anxiety.
Both drug and non drug therapies are available, strictly under
Suitable age group 20 to 60 yrs.
Contraindications-heart, liver, kidney disorders