Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bommaiah D G
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Bommaiah D GYour feedback matters!
Here are a few health tips to prevent the contraction of skin diseases:
- Sun protection: Over-exposure to the sun and its UV rays results in excessive skin damage that can lead to sunburn or even skin cancer. Therefore, the number one tip would be to wear sunscreen or sun block to prevent the damage of the skin from sunrays. Staying away from direct sunlight from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. would also provide protection.
- Wash hands well: Washing hands prevent the spread of infections, however, it is largely underrated.
- Include fruits and vegetables in the diet: Fruits and vegetables aid in providing the necessary nutrients necessary to keep the skin glowing and to ward off certain skin conditions and diseases by fortifying the body.
- Attend to wounds: Skin is the biggest barrier against infections and a tear or a wound can open that barrier and increase the risk of infections. Moreover, untreated wounds may become severe and spread to other areas of the body.It is advisable to consult a dermatologist for all skin, hair and nail ailments.
Hi Doctors, I feel pain in the middle of the throat and left side of the neck below the ear whenever I try swallowing something. The pain also triggers a momentary head ache every time. I can feel slight stiffness in the left part of my neck. Earlier this was diagnosed as LPR a few weeks ago, and after 10 days with Nexpro 40 mg this had vanished and reappeared again now. Not sure if this is a throat infection or LPR. Swallowing causes slight ear oain too. Please help.
Hello mam, What are the side effects of tab mecofol-plus Nf. If taken twice a day, instead of once a day. and what is the ideal dose of it.
Hello sir/madam. My friend has hepatitis B (chronic) since by birth. He checked his condition and the reports are 149 mg and the LFT reports slightly normal! He can drink the limited alcohol occasionally. 4 times in a year. Is it safe?
I am suffering from problem of excessive precum which leads to premature ejaculation. Whenever I masturbate I cum in less than 50 sec. While watching porn time to ejaculate is 10 to 20 sec only. I have started masturbating at the age of 12 only. Now I am 28 year. Also I have never involved in active sex. But I am going to marry in few months. So please provide me the solution. And is it curable or not? Because I am facing this problem since I attained puberty.
How to take carom seeds with Jaggery to overcome asthma. Is it to be just eaten or it has to be boiled in water, strain and taken. Please advise.
Burn surgery is very common these days. Burn surgery is usually done on people who suffer from major burns. Reconstructive burn surgery is usually required in the last stages when the initial burns have healed to a certain extent. Usually reconstructive burn surgeries are done on patients who have suffered from huge accidents and have burnt their face, neck and hands to a great extent. Patients requiring this surgery usually become unrecognizable after an accident.
When is reconstructive burn surgery recommended?
- If you have been involved in a household accident and the scars have not healed completely. Surgery might not totally heal the face, but it can improve your basic functions like breathing, smelling, seeing or tasting (if most of your senses are burnt and disfigured).
- Reconstructive burn surgery is also very useful for acid attack victims. Sometimes, burns are not only caused by fire, but it is also caused by chemicals and acidic substances which are worse and can completely burn and disfigure your face. When hydrochloric acid, nitric acid and sulfuric acid come in contact with your skin it seeps into the skin and burns off your nose, cartilage and sometimes even causes blindness. It disfigures your face completely, reconstructive burn surgery can do miracles, though it cannot bring back your previous features and skin texture, but it does make you look more recognizable.
- After a burn, facial scarring occurs which leads to the loss of eyelids, hair, nose and lips. In this case burn surgery is required.
How to take care of yourself after a burn surgery?
- Regular stretching should be done, especially if the areas of your burn include your hands, legs, joints, etc. Do as much as activities as possible like getting dressed and grooming yourself. It will also make you more self-reliant and give you confidence.
- Depression is very common after a burn surgery. A reconstructive burn surgery will not magically make you look the way you used to. A lot of sittings is required and remember, appearance and looks do not matter much. The wounds will fade away with time.
- Itching is also very common after a burn surgery. If this problem persists, you should consult your doctor for a moisturizer.
- Avoid sun exposure. Don’t go out in the sun, because the U.V rays are extremely harmful and can singe your already sensitive skin; you can also get skin cancer.
- Custom pressure garments should be worn to protect your skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.